HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

First Unofficially Official Australian Tournament!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cornarias

Cornarias

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted May 17 2014 - 05:33 AM

Hello, HAWKEN forums! Before I even start on the intro to the post itself, I want to give a reason as to why we're doing this outside just a bit of fun. We want to show that Oceania, as a community, is far more alive than I'm sure people think it is. We have less players than both EU and NA, but we've got a really tight-knit community full of regulars! Anyway, onto the post.

Over the past few weeks the HAWKEN Oceania Steam group has grown pretty well sized (compared to the number of players here in Aus, at the very least). And we decided to try and pull of Australia's first HAWKEN Tournament! Nothing too serious, and no prizes outside of bragging rights.

If you're an Aussie and you're interested, head on over to This Hub Page!
If you're in the NA, and are crazy enough to want to join, our doors are still open! Though there's a few restrictions. NA players may not form their own teams and should post on our LFG Page, remembering to point out that they're based in the NA. Though this is an Aussie central tournament, it's also meant to be a fun one. We want to barring off people who may want to join. Also, apologies to Europe. But 400+ ping does not make for a good HAWKEN match!

Anyway, here's the post from the group:

Tournament Layout
For the tournament layout the idea is 3 6v6 matches. One in TDM, one in Siege, and one in Missile Assault. The brackets will be set up randomly in a Double Elimination style.

Tournament Rules
As for a rules, we will be following TPG format:

Radar Scanner is not permitted in TPG matches.

All internals are permitted in TPG matches.

No more than Three of each mech class (A, B, or C) are permitted in TPG Matches
No more than One of each type of Mech is permitted in TPG Matches. Ex: No two Scouts, no two Raiders, etc...

Due to their similar Class ability, available weapons, and stats, the Assault and CR-T recruit are not an exception to the class restrictions ruleset. As such, only one Assault or CR-T per team will be allowed on the field at any given time.
Only one Mech with the Sniper secondary Sabot weapon per team is permitted in TPG matches. Ex: If you have a Sharpshooter in play, you may not have a Reaper in play on the same team.

Only one Mech with the Hellfire Missiles secondary weapon per team is permitted in TPG matches. Ex: If you have a Rocketeer in play, you may not have a Bruiser in play on the same team.

Furthermore, each team will post their lineup to an organiser of the event and cannot change it once the match begins. After this point only the mech's primary weapon may be changed. Mech lineups, however, may be changed between rounds

MAPS
If possible, we'll be aiming for certain maps. That's only if we manage to get a private server for the duration of the event, however, and is otherwise very unlikely. So don't expect much in this regard, because chances are we won't have a chance at getting one.
  • Frontline (MA and Siege)
  • Origin (TDM and Siege)
  • Uptown (TDM)
  • Facility (MA)
  • Wreckage (TDM and Siege)
  • Bazaar (MA)
All maps were chosen with the intent to keep the most mechs as possible viable.

Voice / Private Communications
Private Teamspeak rooms will be available on request. If you have other solutions / ideas feel free to discuss them with your team.

Team Building
I can't stop you from picking who you want in your team, as it's your team. But I request that captains make an effort to mix higher and lower ranking players into the mix. The last thing anyone wants is for 6 very experienced players stacking together and destroying the competition. This is a friendly contest. If thisdoes well more serious ones may come in the future (though they won't replace friendly and fun ones like this).

Extra
So, this is just me gauging interest as I said earlier. All rules are subject to change upon community request. I'm hoping against hope we can grab a private server. If we get enough support, and hope against hope, we may be able to get a private server temporarily (otherwise it's both pointless and near impossible).

#2 Armoek

Armoek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted May 17 2014 - 05:44 AM

Great idea!!!

I wonder if Aims,dk,Timsticles,Lumi would like to be in a team with me :)

#3 Cornarias

Cornarias

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted May 17 2014 - 06:56 AM

View PostArmoek, on May 17 2014 - 05:44 AM, said:

Great idea!!!

I wonder if Aims,dk,Timsticles,Lumi would like to be in a team with me :)
Ahaha no. Remember, no building up god teams. It's meant to be a fun, casual tourney. Try and get a mix of experience levels in.

The serious tourneys may come in the future :P

Edited by Cornarias, May 17 2014 - 05:50 PM.

#4 aToastfan

aToastfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted May 18 2014 - 03:01 AM

It will be amazing when to watch this now happen.

AUS HAWKEN definitely has enough players for casual/competitive organised matches. Great way to get the ball rolling! Making use of the party join system and getting some activity in the community!

#5 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted May 18 2014 - 08:24 PM

*bump* - GOOD LUCK, I hope it goes well :)

Posted Image

#6 Deuced

Deuced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted May 18 2014 - 11:24 PM

Amorek will you join join my team_

I've currently got Tskads, Thornthesharp, Kojj and probably Athansor.

#7 Armoek

Armoek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted May 18 2014 - 11:50 PM

View PostDeuced, on May 18 2014 - 11:24 PM, said:

Amorek will you join join my team_

I've currently got Tskads, Thornthesharp, Kojj and probably Athansor.

Sounds good, I'm going to be away from 24th til the 1st June but I doubt things will kick off for a few weeks anyway.  Ill post in the steam group thread so you can get my steam username.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users