HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hawken dominated by high-end computer users

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 renynzea

renynzea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted May 19 2014 - 06:53 AM

I have one of the a fore mentioned $4000 water-cooled beasties and I still get my rump handed to me.  Fast targets are still fast.  Lag is still laggy.  The brain still goes derp, derp, derp.  Also, I built the rig over a year ago.  Could get the same performance for around $1800 today.  Maybe less.

#42 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted May 19 2014 - 07:12 AM

I've got a Lenovo Idealpad S510p Touch, it as an i5 core, an integrated intel graphics card, and it can run last eco pretty well.  I just might have some framerate drops if things become hectic.  Other than that, my lappy runs this game just fine.

EDIT:

I do agree about hawken needing an optimization.  All I want is for Hawken to run even better on my machine.

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, May 19 2014 - 07:21 AM.

#43 comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationI dunno!

Posted May 19 2014 - 07:55 AM

Game could use optimization, but I spent $1700ish including a monitor about 5 years ago and I run on some combo of medium and high with no problems and a steady framerate well above 30, so I'm happy.  Are you trying to run this on a ti-83_

#44 Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted May 19 2014 - 09:53 AM

View Postguest511234902, on May 18 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

Hawken is pretty dang computer intensive. Unless you have a 4000$-water-cooled-triple-tower-case-with an I7 processor, you're going to be grinding your face on the floor with 10 frames per second.

I have a five-year old computer.  I play Hawken just fine.

https://robertsspace...orgs/OMNISCIENT

Complaining about Hawken's population_  Read this: https://community.pl...en/#entry524454

Posted Image   

#45 grandreaper

grandreaper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationNew-Brunswick

Posted May 19 2014 - 09:56 AM

As many others have pointed out, with a 5 year old gaming rig this game runs fine even when using Ultra (minus physx of course).

#46 Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Location̵̨ͤ̈́͆̀ͯ̌ͮ͛̋̏͊ͣ̃ͥ̿͢͏̷̩͉̹̪̬̫͍͇̜̼͖͈ ̪͚͙̬̘̼̥̱̣̤ͪ̎́͑̀͟V̶̢̨̛̙̳͙̘̲͚̫̜̯̮̱̯̯̂ͫ͊̆͌͒̾̓̽͑̾ͯͣ̀̚ ͌́́̅̍͛̈́ͩ̏̏ͤ̆̅̋̽ͮ̌̕҉̻̬̳͍͓̺̱̩̜́͢Ȩ̴̘͓̻̫̭̳͈͚̩̭̰͖̝̯̼̥͇̖ͬ̒̇̐̆́͘ ̶̴̡̔̒͒͆̈́͏̠̯̥͍̳͈̘̦̖̖͚͙̬̺̕G̛͖͇̺͔̹͌̿̌̓̉͒ͬ̇̿ͭ͒͂̍̒ͫ̈́̔ͫ͢ ͯ́͛̊͌͊ͮ̓͜͏̥͚̞̺͓̗͙̪̜̰͖͖͈̬̘Ȃ̷̢̭͓̮͈̠̑ͥͫ̍̑̌̈́̔̋͛̑

Posted May 19 2014 - 11:54 AM

While the game does still need to have some polishing done to many aspects, it is still playable on the minimum setting. I was running a GTX 460 with an Intel Core i3, and played it decently—I got around 30 to 50 FPS on the lowest setting. The graphics looked horrible though, but that is to be expected when using a now considered low-end GPU. I did have overheating issues, but that was only because the fan speed was static at 40% RPM; installing software that allows one to modify GPU fan speed fixed that.

Technologies are developing at an exponential rate, and meanwhile those who have outdated systems tend to complain about games made with a high-end game engine. Sure, it will cost money to invest in a gaming machine for the present, but because of technology improving, we actually get computer parts cheaper than before (not taking any other factors into account), as technology evolves innovation, and innovation drives the price of many materials up or down. Like many have mentioned, you can get a decent build for around $500 to $800. You just have to do your research, and ensure everything will work properly.

It can be said that a master with only a mere straw can take down an inexperienced warrior with a broadsword - in other words, the difference is in the users power (you as the player), not the weapon itself (computer PC). This applies to every video game, no matter the specs. Even though I was getting 25 to 40 FPS with my GTX 460, I was still able to take down numerous opponents with relative ease, whether or not they had high-end gaming settings did not affect my ability to play.

Also, you should know that current games (meaning games released before 2014) only support two threaded CPUs and only 4GB of RAM. In other words, if you have 4 physical CPU cores with 8 logical cores, the game will only utilize 2 of those physical/logical cores; if you have 16GB of RAM, the game will only utilize ~4GB. Most of those high-end specs do not affect game performance very much. Your GPU is what drives the game to perform smoothly or badly. Unfortunately, it is quite the prevalent misconception that really needs to be pointed out when choosing a build. People may go with high-end parts regardless though, either for stability or for a multitude of reasons—such as multitasking and/or entertainment.

Edited by Draigun, May 19 2014 - 12:07 PM.

Posted Image

"The flesh is dying, and we're the next big thing.
The world we know is every bit of real — and a hell of a lot more pure — than this decaying mudball you're trying to save.
Ascension lies in new ideas, not dusted-off old ones."
  - Philosophy of the Virtual Adepts

#47 ActionD

ActionD

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted May 19 2014 - 01:02 PM

Not true, but I will say that I customized my ini greatly to get my consistent 60 fps.  I can keep at least 60fps with all gametypes except missile assault which I've posted on here about.  My laptop (brand new) was 800 bucks.

I would ask hawken devs to add a "Potato" mode which makes the game visually degraded but increases fps greatly.  For me this is turning off all lights except directional and a handful of other tweaks (disable floating render targets, texture reductions etc)

Edited by ActionD, May 19 2014 - 01:03 PM.

#48 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted May 19 2014 - 01:21 PM

This guy hasn't actually responded. Recommending we let this just die_
Posted Image

#49 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted May 19 2014 - 01:40 PM

View Postticklemyiguana, on May 19 2014 - 01:21 PM, said:

Nah. This horse hasn't been beaten enough yet. It's still recognizable as a horse after all.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#50 Mawnkey

Mawnkey

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationDirectly Behind You

Posted May 19 2014 - 03:11 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on May 19 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

View Postticklemyiguana, on May 19 2014 - 01:21 PM, said:

Nah. This horse hasn't been beaten enough yet. It's still recognizable as a horse after all.

Grandpa always told me "Don't stop till its glue". I like glue. When I sniff it, I get all woozy.

#51 Deuced

Deuced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted May 19 2014 - 05:05 PM

Assuming my average ping is <50 (Oceania):

Between the particle effects, flare and god rays, I won't be able to see fuzzy bunny if I turn PhysX and everything to ultra.
I lose.

If I play with my laptop's trackpad.
I lose.

Devs please add aim assist so I can appreciate all the flashes and bangs or play FPS with the least appropriate input device.

#52 UncleBlitz

UncleBlitz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Location...ǝp¡s ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ uo

Posted May 19 2014 - 05:35 PM

without skill and a decent connection....  a powerful PC wont help that much ...:D

#53 Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted May 19 2014 - 05:38 PM

View PostUncleBlitz, on May 19 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

without skill and a decent connection....  a powerful PC wont help that much ... :D
COMPLETELY FALSE.  My 4000-dollar liquid nitrogen-cooled PC actually plays for me.

https://robertsspace...orgs/OMNISCIENT

Complaining about Hawken's population_  Read this: https://community.pl...en/#entry524454

Posted Image   

#54 DaPheel

DaPheel

EXPLOSIONS_

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted May 19 2014 - 06:01 PM

View Postguest511234902, on May 18 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

The lowest settings just aren't low enough to give a usable frame rate, whereas those who have top-dollar supercomputers are DOMINATING games by themselves, with a berserker cutting down an entire enemy team.

Well, I have just built myself a top-dollar supercomputer, but I am yet to find myself DOMINATING all of the servers.

Do you guys think this could be a driver issue_
Posted Image"OFFICIAL SHIELD BEARER"
Spoiler

#55 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted May 19 2014 - 06:04 PM

As long as the driver is you, it's a driver issue.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#56 DaPheel

DaPheel

EXPLOSIONS_

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted May 19 2014 - 06:18 PM

View PostSilverfire, on May 19 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

Posted Image

Good Comeback! :lol:

**edit** That's going in my sig. if. i. can. just. squeeze.it.in. yup, worked

Edited by DaPheel, May 19 2014 - 06:29 PM.

Spoiler

#57 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted May 19 2014 - 10:55 PM

View PostDaPheel, on May 19 2014 - 06:18 PM, said:

View PostSilverfire, on May 19 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

Posted Image

Good Comeback! :lol:

**edit** That's going in my sig. if. i. can. just. squeeze.it.in. yup, worked
You can put it in, but that sig definately violates the dimensions they've set out for us.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#58 spinele5s

spinele5s

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted May 19 2014 - 11:15 PM

dude just lower your resolution and you fps ill jump way up I run around 115+ fps

#59 Zdragow

Zdragow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDrowning in energy drinks

Posted May 19 2014 - 11:27 PM

Time to help with the horse-beating effort.

*Coughs*

#60 DaPheel

DaPheel

EXPLOSIONS_

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted May 20 2014 - 12:33 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on May 19 2014 - 10:55 PM, said:

You can put it in, but that sig definately violates the dimensions they've set out for us.

Good point, Fixed.
Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users