HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

AUSTRALIAN CLAN: The Drop Bears, 87th Mechanised Infantry Div.

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

#1 EMEUTIER

EMEUTIER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationNSW, Australia

Posted October 17 2012 - 10:04 PM

Our clan website is ready to be fully utilized! there are however some small back-end problems we are still working on but please don't hesitate to use the forums there! http://clan.iclanwebsites.com/spiderz/

Posted Image

A fellow Australian fan of Hawken, Spiderz and I decided we would like to make a clan specifically for Australian and New Zealand players.

Our current format is as a casual gaming clan with a focus on tactical teamwork between members. Currently we have a Sydney based Teamspeak server for use.

I have designed a clan logo and sig template for each member and have plans to incorporate a dynamic sig generator with auto-updating pilot stats in the future if it is possible with the game's design when released.

Currently Spiderz and I are joint leaders and plan on discussing any major updates/changes with the members. We will also make joint decisions on member applications.

Any Australian players are welcome to join, we only have ONE requirement: You must have TeamSpeak 3 and mic. The Teamspeak 3 client can be found HERE
Just post a request in this topic and you will be issued with a cumulative 3-digit Unit Number eg: 003, 004, 005 etc.. and a custom animated signature which I will issue via PM.
The Unit Number has no real significance other than displaying the order in which members joined, and hopefully with the mech customizations we may be able to put our clan logo and unit number on our mech's.

CUSTOM 3-DIGIT NUMBERS CAN NOW BE REQUESTED!

The following below are our official clan rules.

Our clan website is ready to be fully utilized! there are however some small back-end problems we are still working on but please don't hesitate to use the forums there! http://clan.iclanwebsites.com/spiderz/

Good luck and Happy Hunting!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
CURRENT MEMBER LIST
Unit No / Callsign
001 - EMEUTIER
002 - Spiderz
003 - Plant_Helper_BIO_
004 - Gagzilla
005 - doggie015
006 - guska
007 - Hilgrad
008 - Straumnes
009 - sen
010 - Tiapan
011 - Roijun
012 - Lefty
013 - Corosive
014 - AMV72
015 - SunshineSloth
016 - chipeloi
017 - JimBeam1992
018 - SirCannonFodder
019 - ArnieF4440
020 - machineinput
021 - Xaffos
022 - Freeflight
023 - Flakkjack
024 - happyCuddleTime
025 - MetallKrieger
026 - Amphetamachine
027 - Legendary2K
028 - Telley
029 - Deaths_Engineer
030 - Lord_Lucan
031 - TheMadBastard
032 - abe_oddworld
033 - smkfrk
034 - Malfurion
035 - Niclwoo
036 - Kardras
037 - Zetmof
038 - skinny_train
039 - Gold_Lion
040 - Tangible
041 - DiscoSpider
042 - Thallium45
043 - BuzzKillGamer
044 - just_chris
045 - Mercenary88
046 - Noskcaj
047 - Grogovich
072 - batsy
112 - ursustas
117 - PeteZone
137 - Scyon
187 - Lethal_Kebab
303 - Glothrenite
308 - VHSLE308
666 - Supernoob
747 - Diskonekted
888 - Adonis
999 - Blue_Destiny
Total Members - 58

Edited by EMEUTIER, May 15 2013 - 12:39 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Spiderz

Spiderz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationMarcoola Beach, QLD, AUS

Posted October 17 2012 - 10:09 PM

ANNOUNCEMENTS:
-------------------------
yeah so, pretty much hello hawken, ye olde dog

"austs1.gameservers.com:9348" current TS3

BETA WEEKEND 3 update 23/11/12.
WE HAVE AUSSIE SERVERS - which is basically the best news ever! the servers are hidden away with the drop down box and is easily overlooked so servers aren't very busy at the moment, lots of empty ones because we have no server browser :( although the pings are fantastic, please register your interest in a party system by posting on my thread here

this week we're welcoming alot of new members such as SirCannonFodder who's a quick feet brawler and Flakkjack a very fast scout, also seeing alot more of Sunshinesloth a skilled berserker and Gloth is back once again! :ph34r:
due to the server browser being unavailable its been difficult if not impossible to correctly shuffle our team to prosk, so our attendance has been slim and erratic however we've been fighting each other occasionally, refining our skills, i feel its necessary to focus on recruiting now that the Aussie servers are live and i have registered the domain for our website, which should be up and running once the art is all finalized.

-----------------------------
Beta 2 closing summary: "we shred everyone with vulcans" big ups to NA sniper Darkpulse and Sen for vulcan carnage and mad props to everyone else who attended.

BETA WEEKEND 2 update 9/11/12.
big ups to Black Steel Brotherhood for joining us for a quick skirmish and special thanks to Drone and DER3Z for playing with us, today we also welcomed our new rookie Lefty_ to the team, i look forward to playing with units 3,5,6 and 8 as i have not played with them yet
~ friday night blood was shed

Posted Image
-----------------------------
managed to zerg the US east siege servers and team switch until we had Emeutier, Gagzila, Glothrenite and myself all on one team! we steamrolled the enemy! great Saturday victory!

~ Monday night update! great beta weekend guys! looking forward to BWE2! big ups to eme, gagz, gloth, sen & all else who attended!

HELL YEAH SCAPES KILLS :D

Posted Image

Edited by Spiderz, May 12 2013 - 02:42 AM.

DAMN SON! WHERE'D YOU FIND THIS!_
i want keybinding that makes my mech play this tune with acouple twirling beacon lights.
click banner for clan info
Posted Image

#3 GunsnButter

GunsnButter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationMS, USA

Posted October 18 2012 - 10:28 AM

Somebody played Heavy Gear :P

#4 EMEUTIER

EMEUTIER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationNSW, Australia

Posted October 18 2012 - 09:05 PM

View PostGunsnButter, on October 18 2012 - 10:28 AM, said:

Somebody played Heavy Gear :P
Well, I played Heavy Gear 2 on PC but I believe you are referring to the tabletop game which I have not played and with all honestly was not attempting to copy their 'drop bears' (not saying you accusing me of anything mind you :)) As an Aussie, I always loved the ides of drop bears and thought I could make a cool looking military patch logo to suit.
Posted Image

#5 Spiderz

Spiderz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted October 19 2012 - 12:45 AM

sorry i've been away because of birthday things, will be organizing people for TS team for the beta launch and organizing the website tuesday
i want keybinding that makes my mech play this tune with acouple twirling beacon lights.
Posted Image

#6 Plant_Helper_BIO_

Plant_Helper_BIO_

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 02:48 AM

Cool.. Im interested.
Posted Image

#7 Spiderz

Spiderz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 03:24 AM

see above for any live announcements

Edited by Spiderz, October 27 2012 - 02:52 AM.

Posted Image

#8 Gagzila

Gagzila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationVIC, Australia

Posted October 25 2012 - 04:03 AM

Hey Emeutier and Spiderz,

I'm a 28 year old bloke from Bendigo in Victoria who loves his gaming (and can't wait to drop into some Hawken games!) and I would be very interested in joining your clan if you would have me.

Love the clan name and logo, classic aussie stuff! I read that your into casual gaming which suits me great as I can't always get online all the time due to working a day job, looking after the house and attending the wife, normal full week etc :). I would at a bare minimum get on at least once a week, most weeks I am online an average of around 3-4 nights and available for gaming.

What kind of tactical structure are you thinking about_ I'm happy to do my duty as long as everyone else does ;), love pulling of a well planned strategy with team mates that actively work together and support each other on the battlefield.

If you've got any other questions about me just let me know.

Cheers,

Gagzila
Posted Image

#9 doggie015

doggie015

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 11:07 PM

Hey guys; I am from Western Australia and I would like to join this clan!
Posted Image

#10 guska

guska

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted October 25 2012 - 11:45 PM

Hey guys,
28 from SA here, love playing games in a team/clan environment, as it just adds to the enjoyment of the game. I'm available mostly during the week, with weekends thrown in depending on how harsh work has been.

Hope to hear from you.

Cheers,
guska
Posted Image

#11 Spiderz

Spiderz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 12:46 AM

sweet, would love more aussies!

View PostGagzila, on October 25 2012 - 04:03 AM, said:

What kind of tactical structure are you thinking about_ I'm happy to do my duty as long as everyone else does ;), love pulling of a well planned strategy with team mates that actively work together and support each other on the battlefield.

basically get as many Aussies as we can on the teamspeak server comfortable talking to each other actively

i find in other games people act meek, timid and only speak/login TS arbitrarily like pussys, we want to break that trend!

considering the size of the servers, the game plan is if we get half a dozen or more Aussies logged in at one time on TS we can push a server in our favor and hunt in a pack!

Edited by Spiderz, October 26 2012 - 12:47 AM.

Posted Image

#12 Spiderz

Spiderz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 12:49 AM

anyway we're going to be on TS for the weekend event, Aussies are welcome to join the fight!
Posted Image

#13 Glothrenite

Glothrenite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSt Kilda, Australia

Posted October 26 2012 - 12:53 AM

Yes Drop Bears! .. I'm interested in joining, where can i get the TS details_

Edited by Glothrenite, October 26 2012 - 12:55 AM.

Posted Image

#14 Straumnes

Straumnes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 01:17 AM

Definitely interested, if you could direct me to the TS details that'd be awesome.
Posted Image

#15 doggie015

doggie015

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 01:58 AM

You'll get the TS details once you're in the clan
Posted Image

#16 Shanzer

Shanzer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted October 26 2012 - 01:05 PM

Sounds interesting, but I might need to wait for my exams to be over before I apply.

What are the minimum requirements to be eligible for application_

#17 Spiderz

Spiderz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 03:50 PM

View PostShanzer, on October 26 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

Sounds interesting, but I might need to wait for my exams to be over before I apply.

What are the minimum requirements to be eligible for application_

well i don't know about Emeutier, but i don't feel particularly fastidious about who joins, the more Aussies the better, just try and come on TS and don't be shy, i just woke up, i had a 6 hour Day Z session with Gagzila unit 4 on TS before i passed out last night and now it looks like the HAWKEN BETA IS LIVE

So if you're reading this now i'll be on TS playing and if you're not playing, move to the AFK channel on TS - either way - be on TS

Edited by Spiderz, October 26 2012 - 03:50 PM.

Posted Image

#18 Gagzila

Gagzila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationVIC, Australia

Posted October 26 2012 - 07:39 PM

View PostSpiderz, on October 26 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

i just woke up, i had a 6 hour Day Z session with Gagzila unit 4 on TS before i passed out last night and now it looks like the HAWKEN BETA IS LIVE

fuzzy bunny yeah! That is the best DayZ session I have had yet, it really helps when you've got a friend to run around with and cover each other. I ended up hitting the sack around 4:30am with only something like an hour and a half till the Hawken beta servers went live LOL...slept in till about 11am and got stuck straight into Hawken, it's kickarse!

Would be so much better if I could team up with some of you guys though, so make sure you get on team speak! Even if you're not playing at the time, just sit in the Lobby or AFK (Away From Keyboard) channels so we know your around and can start getting to know each other somewhat B)

Cheers,

Gagzila

Edited by Gagzila, October 26 2012 - 07:40 PM.

Posted Image

#19 Medix

Medix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted October 26 2012 - 07:48 PM

would like to come in TS for a yarn whats the address guys.

#20 Taipan

Taipan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCanberra, ACT, Australia

Posted October 26 2012 - 10:48 PM

Hiya guys!

Gagz pointed me in your direction, and I'm keen! So I'm going for the "010" spot, which would really work for me as 10 is kinda my number!

Like Gagz, I can't play terribly regularly due to work committments, but I'll definitely jump on every spare chance I get!

Lemme know!

Taipan..... :ph34r:

Edited by Taipan, October 26 2012 - 10:49 PM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users