HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Air compressor on Vanguard: yea or nay

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationWestern Wisconsin

Posted May 29 2014 - 10:22 AM

I typically ran the AC so I could hover over stuff (incinerators, grenadiers) and lob grenades and dodge back.  Hover out over things like ledge, lob nade, dodge back.  Move faster while shooting, dodge etc.  I'll get video later

That being said; is there anything else better_   Advance repair kit_
I ALWAYS run extractor

Just wondering what people use.

#2 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted May 29 2014 - 11:00 AM

I think that AC isn't great on sustained primaries' mechs. If you got what I mean.

Posted Image

#3 Planerunner

Planerunner

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationHere. Right here.

Posted May 29 2014 - 11:15 AM

Could be interesting, but instead of being a hovering gnat (like the Infil) you'd be a hovering garbage truck. I mean, it certainly has an impact on shock value (ZOMG, GIANT DODGING FLYING BATTLESHIP, *DUCK*!) . . . but not sure if like.

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps . . .

Posted Image

#4 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted May 29 2014 - 01:42 PM

I use AC on all my heavies for when I need to hover to get a shot over the crest of a hill, shoot over a low wall or off of jump pads or ledges so I can maneuver better when I'm forced to go airborne. That's just how I use it. I have it there for when I need it and to keep my piloting smooth, not to try and pull off fancy tricks in the air or buzz around people's heads. I don't really try vaulting over people's heads with it like I would in an A or a B class. Well, except for some times in my Rocketeer. Rocketeer doesn't really fly but it can certainly fall with style.

As for other internals, the healing internals or the speed boost internals help out quite a bit with heavies. Hell, I've managed to escape hairy situations in my BRAWLER with just the evasive device helping me move faster.

Edited by SoldierHobbes11, May 29 2014 - 01:44 PM.

Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#5 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted June 05 2014 - 03:26 AM

I use it on my Vanguard and only my Vanguard for heavies. It's the only one that seems to make sense with its speed and maneuverability. Brawler is a flying brick house and only really needs to float sometimes. Grenadier is sub-par but I guess I could see it. And if you put a Rocketeer in the air, you deserve what's coming your way.

If I pick up an Incinerator I might get it on one of those too.

#6 BigLag

BigLag

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted June 06 2014 - 06:26 AM

I would say a solid maybe...

It would make more sense on the inc. But considering you are an easy target to begin with, air dodge will help you in only special cases.

Might be better off with armor repairing, collector or defense internals for heavies.

Up to you

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users