HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

- Clipping Shadows.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Wipman

Wipman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted May 30 2014 - 01:08 AM

The mechs shadows clipp through the levels architecture so you can know that you've one or more mechs above you and get a certain idea of where they're and where they gonna be next; i've seen the same thing with some animated objects on a map.

- Clipping Shadow Bug:
Posted Image

Attached Files

#2 DaPheel

DaPheel

EXPLOSIONS_

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted May 30 2014 - 02:34 AM

I'm usually too busy exploding things to take note of shadows. Can people really get an unfair advantage from this_
Posted Image"OFFICIAL SHIELD BEARER"
Spoiler

#3 ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Moderator 007

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted May 30 2014 - 03:13 AM

View PostDaPheel, on May 30 2014 - 02:34 AM, said:

I'm usually too busy exploding things to take note of shadows. Can people really get an unfair advantage from this_

Yes.
Posted Image

Offering coaching on all mechs, maps, and gametypes, PM if interested.

Violent Resolution - http://vr-gaming.org/

Hawken IRC - #hawkenscrim

#4 caduceus26

caduceus26

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted May 30 2014 - 03:36 AM

View PostThirdEyE, on May 30 2014 - 03:13 AM, said:

Yes.
Bug_ Yes. But just curious--what does that provide that your radar doesn't already tell you_
ASUS P9X79LE /i7-3820 3.6 (OC 4.7) /Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooling /16 Gb RAM /Dual-SLI EVGA 670 2 Gb Sig II /Antec 850 PSU /Antec 1200 Black Steel Tower
MaddMaxx (Zerker) / Silent Knight (Infil) / BurnYa (Scout) / Scythe (Reaper) / S0ckd0lag3r (Aslt) / PopOff (SS) / Bluto (Bruiser) / xXRoadRageXx (CR-T) / ShiftySwifty (Raider+G2) / PatchUp (Tech) / Krusher (Brawler) / Seekin' Ya'! (Rocketeer) / Doughboy (Vngrd) / FireFly (Incin)

#5 Wipman

Wipman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted May 30 2014 - 07:54 AM

View Postcaduceus26, on May 30 2014 - 03:36 AM, said:

Yes.
Bug_ Yes. But just curious--what does that provide that your radar doesn't already tell you_

To look at the radar i've to look to the screen's corner, but to track a shadow i don't have to take out the sight of the center of the screen; with the Aimpoint like crossair that i've i don't have much throuble to align the shadow with the crossair, neither with any clear crossair.
But that's not the problem, the problem is that the shadows clipp through solid maps parts when they shouldn't; that's a bug and i'd reported about it because i didn't see a report about it after searh a while.

#6 caduceus26

caduceus26

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted May 30 2014 - 08:19 AM

View PostWipman, on May 30 2014 - 07:54 AM, said:

View Postcaduceus26, on May 30 2014 - 03:36 AM, said:

Yes.

To look at the radar i've to look to the screen's corner, but to track a shadow i don't have to take out the sight of the center of the screen; with the Aimpoint like crossair that i've i don't have much throuble to align the shadow with the crossair, neither with any clear crossair.
But that's not the problem, the problem is that the shadows clipp through solid maps parts when they shouldn't; that's a bug and i'd reported about it because i didn't see a report about it after searh a while. No issue with the bug. It should be fixed. I just don't see a huge competitive advantage otherwise.

ASUS P9X79LE /i7-3820 3.6 (OC 4.7) /Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooling /16 Gb RAM /Dual-SLI EVGA 670 2 Gb Sig II /Antec 850 PSU /Antec 1200 Black Steel Tower
MaddMaxx (Zerker) / Silent Knight (Infil) / BurnYa (Scout) / Scythe (Reaper) / S0ckd0lag3r (Aslt) / PopOff (SS) / Bluto (Bruiser) / xXRoadRageXx (CR-T) / ShiftySwifty (Raider+G2) / PatchUp (Tech) / Krusher (Brawler) / Seekin' Ya'! (Rocketeer) / Doughboy (Vngrd) / FireFly (Incin)

#7 Wipman

Wipman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted May 30 2014 - 01:36 PM

Neither i see a big competitive advantage too; just a bug.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users