HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Melee Fighter

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JaceXIII

JaceXIII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted June 05 2014 - 05:44 PM

Hey, first forum topic I've ever posted. Woo.

Anyway, I was playing HAWKEN and I boosted with a Berserker to rush an opponent. Shoved my SMG right in front of his cockpit and let loose. While I was doing this I was thinking, 'It would be a lot easier (not to mention cooler) if I could have just cut right through him instead.'

That is when I started designing a mech in my head suited for melee combat.

Not I haven't been playing very long-- actually, I haven't been playing long at all but I already know that dodging bullets while trying to close a gap between you and your enemies is suicide if the distance is too great.

However, what if there was an A-class mech that specialized in speed and maneuverability_ And I mean really speacilized in these areas. One that could cover large distances with little damage (provided the pilot actually dodges a lot) and once within range can decimate even the most heavily armoured opponent_

The details on the actual weapon loadouts and stats are sketchy as I tried not to be too focused on specifics but I believe a mech that would fit the bill would be one with a SMG as a primary weapon (can't leave you completely useless at range can I_) and a melee weapon for the secondary. Also, since this mech would value speed and maneuverability as an A-Class mech, it would obviously be one of the least armoured mechs in the game so as to make it fairer to other pilots (it would be too OP if I could boost to you, take a bit of fire, cut you up and walk away just fine right_).  I also thought about what ability it could have and thought that a shield-type ability to help further reduce the damage taken would be suitable for a mech such as this.

Feel free to tell me what you think please. Thanks.

#2 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted June 05 2014 - 06:07 PM

Devs have repeatedly said that melee will never be coming to Hawken, ever. (Apart from the crushing stuff)

Edited by Silverfire, June 05 2014 - 06:07 PM.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#3 bkcat1

bkcat1

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationOuter space, destroying worlds

Posted June 05 2014 - 06:40 PM

Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Vanashinkaku confirm melee in one of the Developer Livestreams_ Or was he just joking_

#4 JaceXIII

JaceXIII

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted June 05 2014 - 06:48 PM

View PostSilverfire, on June 05 2014 - 06:07 PM, said:

Devs have repeatedly said that melee will never be coming to Hawken, ever. (Apart from the crushing stuff)

Well I haven't even been playing long enough to know that but this wasn't a serious suggestion, just a thought I had and felt like sharing.

#5 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted June 05 2014 - 07:05 PM

View Postbkcat1, on June 05 2014 - 06:40 PM, said:

Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Vanashinkaku confirm melee in one of the Developer Livestreams_ Or was he just joking_

He was joking.

View PostJaceXIII, on June 05 2014 - 06:48 PM, said:

View PostSilverfire, on June 05 2014 - 06:07 PM, said:

Well I haven't even been playing long enough to know that but this wasn't a serious suggestion, just a thought I had and felt like sharing.

It's alright, at least you know now! :)

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#6 Ade_the_Rare

Ade_the_Rare

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted June 05 2014 - 10:38 PM

With the newest update the vulcan may as well be a melee weapon, if that helps :)

Posted Image

#7 Battlesbreak

Battlesbreak

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted June 06 2014 - 02:23 AM

My vote is no and yes for the melee mech. Because it would be really nice to start back stabbing snipers or turret mode C classes. "No worries mate. hahhahhahhah" "I DOMINATE YOU! You filthy jar man!" "Your precious sandwich will not save you now. Fatty!" "I took a look of your X-ray and I am afraid you SUCK!"

Man I just love Spy's domination lines.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users