HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

SporadicGamerz.net - Hawken Tournament

Announcement Community Contest Event Fansite Forum Introduction Website Clan News

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 DeathseekerDXC

DeathseekerDXC

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted June 07 2014 - 03:03 PM

Tournament Date: July 05, 2014
Server: New-York-Fightclub
Password: *Will be given out on TeamSpeak (ts.sporz.us)*

If you think that you have what it takes to be the "best" Hawken player, then this tournament is for you. The tournament will consist of 3 separate weight class battles on a private server in Deathmatch. The 3 top players from the leaderboards of each of those matches will move on to the final battle. The event will be live streamed on Twitch and recorded for a tournament "highlights" video at a later point in time. There are plenty of spots available, but they are first-come-first-serve. So, sign-up now!

You can read the rest of the details by visiting http://sporz.us/hawkentour.

Posted Image

Edited by DeathseekerDXC, June 17 2014 - 10:22 PM.

#2 ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Moderator 007

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted June 07 2014 - 03:39 PM

This is a bit light on details, could you please explain a bit more about the event in this thread_

Also, the page on your enjin site is private, I'm guessing that's unintentional.
Posted Image

Offering coaching on all mechs, maps, and gametypes, PM if interested.

Violent Resolution - http://vr-gaming.org/

Hawken IRC - #hawkenscrim

#3 DeathseekerDXC

DeathseekerDXC

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted June 07 2014 - 03:45 PM

I made it so that you can now view the page without having to register.

Edited by DeathseekerDXC, June 15 2014 - 06:48 PM.

#4 DeathseekerDXC

DeathseekerDXC

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted June 07 2014 - 03:54 PM

As for further details, I edited the original post.

Edited by DeathseekerDXC, June 15 2014 - 06:48 PM.

#5 xjjohnsonx

xjjohnsonx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted June 09 2014 - 01:27 AM

Im going to go!

#6 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted June 09 2014 - 01:36 AM

reg bate, gimmie some info first

Edited by Ker4u, June 09 2014 - 01:36 AM.

- lok'tar ogar -

#7 DeathseekerDXC

DeathseekerDXC

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted June 14 2014 - 06:39 PM

Well, is there anything in particular that you would like to know about the tournament_ I would be happy to answer your questions.

#8 spo0n

spo0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted June 15 2014 - 10:07 AM

3 separate weight class battles in 6v6 Team Deathmatch

So... can you explain what this means_ 6v6 is twelve people, you have fifteen total, so which three don't play, or, which nine play twice_
Besides this, how will you have a player streaming that cannot be intentionally killed in an otherwise full match_  Or is that just for duels at the end_

Also, if you just pick whoever is at the top of the leader board you will get whoever has the most points.  So the tech.  The final battles will be silly with technicians, and if you cannot change your mech, by playing tech you almost guarantee that you will both make it to the final and lose terribly.

#9 DeathseekerDXC

DeathseekerDXC

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted June 15 2014 - 05:16 PM

View Postspo0n, on June 15 2014 - 10:07 AM, said:

3 separate weight class battles in 6v6 Team Deathmatch

So... can you explain what this means_ 6v6 is twelve people, you have fifteen total, so which three don't play, or, which nine play twice_
Besides this, how will you have a player streaming that cannot be intentionally killed in an otherwise full match_  Or is that just for duels at the end_

Also, if you just pick whoever is at the top of the leader board you will get whoever has the most points.  So the tech.  The final battles will be silly with technicians, and if you cannot change your mech, by playing tech you almost guarantee that you will both make it to the final and lose terribly.

Well, in 6v6 Team Deathmatch I believe that you can only have a party of 6. That would be a group of 5 and myself. Please correct me if I am wrong. I have never had more than 3 in a party, so I wouldn't be able to know for sure.

I am sure that the other team of 6 will kill me. Just as long as those in the tournament don't intentionally kill me and gain points because of it.

As for the technicians issue, the sign-up form where you select the mech that you will be entering into the tournament does not display the technician as an available option. I thought the same thing that you are thinking back when I made the form.

Edited by DeathseekerDXC, June 15 2014 - 05:34 PM.

#10 spo0n

spo0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted June 15 2014 - 06:11 PM

So, technician is banned, that might be a useful thing to add to the rules.  Any other mechs that are not allowed_  I know this all is on your website, but to be honest I don't want to register on your website to read the RULES for a tournament.

View PostDeathseekerDXC, on June 15 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

Well, in 6v6 Team Deathmatch I believe that you can only have a party of 6. That would be a group of 5 and myself. Please correct me if I am wrong. I have never had more than 3 in a party, so I wouldn't be able to know for sure.
I am now more confused at how exactly these matches will be set up.

#11 DeathseekerDXC

DeathseekerDXC

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted June 15 2014 - 06:37 PM

View Postspo0n, on June 15 2014 - 06:11 PM, said:

So, technician is banned, that might be a useful thing to add to the rules.  Any other mechs that are not allowed_  I know this all is on your website, but to be honest I don't want to register on your website to read the RULES for a tournament.

View PostDeathseekerDXC, on June 15 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

I am now more confused at how exactly these matches will be set up.

I can add that to the rules. You can also actually view that page on the website without having to register.

#12 spo0n

spo0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted June 15 2014 - 06:44 PM

This page I need to register to see.
http://www.sporadicg....net/hawkentour
As when clicked, I am redirected to http://www.sporadicgamerz.net/login

But it might just be trying to make me set my status to attending first.

To sign-up you must first set your event status to "Attending." You can do this by clicking on "Set Status" towards the bottom of this page.

#13 DeathseekerDXC

DeathseekerDXC

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted June 15 2014 - 06:54 PM

View Postspo0n, on June 15 2014 - 06:44 PM, said:

This page I need to register to see.
http://www.sporadicg....net/hawkentour
As when clicked, I am redirected to http://www.sporadicgamerz.net/login

But it might just be trying to make me set my status to attending first.

To sign-up you must first set your event status to "Attending." You can do this by clicking on "Set Status" towards the bottom of this page.

Okay, so for that page you do have to register. Registering will allow you to complete step 2 in the sign-up process.

1.) Register or Log-in if you already have an account.

2.) To sign-up you must first set your event status to "Attending." You can do this by clicking on "Set Status" towards the bottom of this page.

#14 Deaod

Deaod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted June 16 2014 - 04:04 PM

Does the "top 3" refer to top 3 of each team or overall (ranked by XP earned)_

Why not just use DM instead of TDM and kill the tech through that_ If youre worried about servers, im sure there are enough US teams with private servers around that could help you out in that regard.

#15 DeathseekerDXC

DeathseekerDXC

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted June 16 2014 - 04:47 PM

View PostDeaod, on June 16 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:

Does the "top 3" refer to top 3 of each team or overall (ranked by XP earned)_

Why not just use DM instead of TDM and kill the tech through that_ If youre worried about servers, im sure there are enough US teams with private servers around that could help you out in that regard.

Yes, it would be ranked by XP earned. The top 3 light mechs, medium mechs, and heavy mechs would move onto the final battles consisting of the 9 total and myself recording. I am actually trying to see if I can get a private server for the event...which would make this so much less complicated.

#16 spo0n

spo0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted June 17 2014 - 04:34 AM

Who have you tried asking_
https://playhawken.com/chat
It's just an irc channel, so most of the people are afk, but if you highlight someone (type their name) irc usually blinks once they look at it again.

So were you planning on using the 6v6 competitive queue_  Private servers are much more convenient, the comp ones can have quirks.  Even if you pick an empty pub and all join at once it might work out better than the 6v6 servers.

#17 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted June 17 2014 - 05:48 AM

Ask the TPG admins if they let you use one of their servers. YOu can ask xacius, ashfire908 or craftydus. These are the ones I know.

Posted Image

#18 DeathseekerDXC

DeathseekerDXC

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted June 17 2014 - 09:24 PM

View Postspo0n, on June 17 2014 - 04:34 AM, said:

Who have you tried asking_
https://playhawken.com/chat
It's just an irc channel, so most of the people are afk, but if you highlight someone (type their name) irc usually blinks once they look at it again.

So were you planning on using the 6v6 competitive queue_  Private servers are much more convenient, the comp ones can have quirks.  Even if you pick an empty pub and all join at once it might work out better than the 6v6 servers.

View PostEliteShooter, on June 17 2014 - 05:48 AM, said:

Ask the TPG admins if they let you use one of their servers. YOu can ask xacius, ashfire908 or craftydus. These are the ones I know.

Definitely. I agree that it would make it much easier to just have a private server for the event. Something is currently in the works, so we shall see what happens.

#19 DeathseekerDXC

DeathseekerDXC

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted June 17 2014 - 10:23 PM

A private server has been acquired.

#20 DeathseekerDXC

DeathseekerDXC

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted June 20 2014 - 03:39 PM

There are still plenty of slots available and the tournament date is quickly approaching. I would just like to remind everyone that there will be a private server for the event as well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Community, Contest, Event, Fansite, Forum, Introduction, Website, Clan, News

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users