HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

AimBots - How do you spot them_

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 GenAce

GenAce

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationLocating...... Target Loss

Posted June 12 2014 - 11:26 AM

So I'm creating this thread in general discussions to ask the community at large the above mentioned question and also to educate new players to recognize cheaters/hackers so they can be reported.

So with that being said I present to you a statistic: The median average of the human reaction is 215 milliseconds... Which is a little under 1/4 of a second.

Mech dodging is instantaneous and so if you are dodging and still being hitting mid dodge you MAY have an AimBotter.

I say may to allow some benefit of the doubt.

Source: http://www.humanbenc...ntime/stats.php

Edited by GenAce, June 12 2014 - 11:34 AM.

#2 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted June 12 2014 - 11:39 AM

View PostGenAce, on June 12 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

So I'm creating this thread in general discussions to ask the community at large the above mentioned question and also to educate new players to recognize cheaters/hackers so they can be reported.
- to make spotting cheaters easier change kill camera to 1st person

go to
C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame\Config
open HawkenCamera with notepad
find bForceFirstPerson=true and set to true, save config
and make config "read only"" in file properties, thats it)

example of an aimbotter
Spoiler

- lok'tar ogar -

#3 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted June 12 2014 - 11:41 AM

Botters in this game are typically identified through kill cams or teammates watching carefully. An easy way to catch them and prove it is to record your matches. There are several example videos found here in the forums of botters tracking enemies through walls, snapping up to 180° instantly to land perfect hits, among other things. If you change your cam view INI file so that you see a first-person view on the kill cam, it's even easier to spot an aim botter by watching their aim snap from mech to mech exactly.

The thing to watch out for with wall hack aim botters is that their team isn't using scanners or that they're snapping to people from across the map (especially snipers). Sometimes a person keeps getting hit as they're walking around a corner and they think it's a botter, but it could simply be a person using a scanner and predicting when you're about to move out from a wall.

Edited by nokari, June 12 2014 - 11:43 AM.

Posted Image

#4 GenAce

GenAce

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted June 12 2014 - 11:43 AM

Thank you - to both of you. I had no clue of that and I've been here for sometime. Always learning! :D - Keep them coming ya'll!

Edited by GenAce, June 12 2014 - 11:45 AM.

#5 Kindos7

Kindos7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationEspaña/Spain

Posted June 12 2014 - 12:29 PM

Is it possible to have a complete bot_ I'm asking because some nights ago, I was in EUR TDM 3vs3 match. Thing is, people from the enemy team and my team stated that the guy with the lowest score in my team was a bot. We asked him to respond in the chat, but he didn't. I started following him, and he played weird, like if he wasn't aware of me, or wanted to chase the enemy. He also wasn't a good player.

But was it really a bot, or a shy noob_ Is it possible to have a complete bot (even if it plays horrible) so he can play while you're AFK_ I know these exists (from co-op), but I don't think it's easy to acces that code

Posted Image
Current status: Inactive

FOR NEREON, FOR THE MOTHERLAND

#6 ILikeChickens

ILikeChickens

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted June 12 2014 - 12:50 PM

Damn Rozer, couldn't you be happy with your legit scout play_

#7 spo0n

spo0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted June 12 2014 - 12:51 PM

Reaction time isn't important when I know what you will do before you do it.  I think someone (nept_) specifically tries to snipe people when they are in the middle of a dodge for bonus fun.

Something a lot of players do is trying to force a botter to do something impossible, like once they are shooting and "locked" onto you you dodge over their head and see if they turn too fast.  I know some players who stalk people for multiple matches trying to record suspicious activity, using third party chat to organize players on both teams without letting the suspected hacker know.  If you tell someone they are hacking they will just have more caution around you, unless they are really dumb.

There are bots that people have used to farm xp/hc. Generally they are easy to find out, take screenshots file support tickets and have the other players in the game do the same, and they can be removed from the game.

#8 GenAce

GenAce

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted June 12 2014 - 12:56 PM

Reaction time has everything to do with it though spo0n. 1) Propability: You have a 50% chance of guessing which direction a person is going using the basic side to side strafe. 2) Reaction time: A mech moves which means that given that .21 seconds your cursor isn't on that mech. Fact is - a person for those .21 seconds isn't being damaged. Aimbot doesn't require a reaction.. they just track.

#9 Dew

Dew

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted June 12 2014 - 01:03 PM

It's perfectly possible to track someone's dodge, it's just a matter of predicting when and where they're going to do it.

#10 RozerMahbub_

RozerMahbub_

fishy scout

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • LocationTorino,To-10125 ,italy

Posted June 12 2014 - 01:17 PM

i never known it before that i'm using aim bot......thanks for remember.but a question is it possible to do that ____ :angry:

and please before post like this be sure what are you going to do ,its about my reputation .so please dont do this if you are not sure @Ker4u. :angry:  thanks budy , see u in the battle ;)

Edited by RozerMahbub1, June 13 2014 - 02:43 AM.

Posted Image

I DON'T CARE

i want to tell you a true story , once upon a time everyone was a perfect pure NOOB ^_^

#11 DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationCanada, Eh_

Posted June 12 2014 - 01:30 PM

View PostGenAce, on June 12 2014 - 12:56 PM, said:

Reaction time has everything to do with it though spo0n. 1) Propability: You have a 50% chance of guessing which direction a person is going using the basic side to side strafe. 2) Reaction time: A mech moves which means that given that .21 seconds your cursor isn't on that mech. Fact is - a person for those .21 seconds isn't being damaged. Aimbot doesn't require a reaction.. they just track.

1) Many players have predictable dodging patterns (it's surprising the number of people I see spam alternating dodges as soon as the cooldown is over -- granted from time to time I still get caught up in that habit too) so it really isn't a 50-50 chance a lot of the time. Terrain is also a limiting factor.

2) Same as 1, if people dodge predictably you can start tracking when you know they're going to dodge, or just immediately aim where they'll be. I'm no pro player, but I've done this often enough.

#12 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted June 12 2014 - 01:40 PM

View Post[HFC]Dew, on June 12 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

It's perfectly possible to track someone's dodge, it's just a matter of predicting when and where they're going to do it.

To track dead center every time is beyond that possibility if one is indeed "predicting" when and where someone is dodging.

Posted Image

#13 Zaxik

Zaxik

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech republic

Posted June 12 2014 - 02:25 PM

@ker4u: How do you know it's rozer_ O_o

@all:

Some old videos I made, I'm gonna assume they're all banned, so I don't think I'm really calling anyone out.
Spoiler

EDIT: Generally, botters are really bad players. In face-to-face they're gonna utterly destroy you, but you can usually outplay them by being smart. Good players have no motivation to use hacks.

Edited by Zaxik, June 12 2014 - 02:30 PM.

Got few Hawken vids here on my YT.

#14 rekina

rekina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted June 12 2014 - 02:35 PM

View PostZaxik, on June 12 2014 - 02:25 PM, said:

bunch of videos

If these guys were not banned yet there is literally no reason to play hawken. I'm glad I don't see them around anymore.

#15 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted June 12 2014 - 03:20 PM

View Postrekina, on June 12 2014 - 02:35 PM, said:

bunch of videos

If these guys were not banned yet there is literally no reason to play hawken. I'm glad I don't see them around anymore.

Don't be silly. Botters are like 0.5% of the population. In real numbers, that would be like 50 botters for every 10,000 players.

Posted Image

#16 ILikeChickens

ILikeChickens

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted June 12 2014 - 04:12 PM

Moments at 0:09 and 0:22 , is this possible to do such shots/moves with such precision_

#17 rekina

rekina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted June 12 2014 - 04:13 PM

View Postnokari, on June 12 2014 - 03:20 PM, said:

View Postrekina, on June 12 2014 - 02:35 PM, said:

bunch of videos

Don't be silly. Botters are like 0.5% of the population. In real numbers, that would be like 50 botters for every 10,000 players.

Well, it's not about their numbers, it's about knowing devs are at least giving us some sht enough to ban them upon report. :)

Edited by rekina, June 12 2014 - 04:14 PM.

#18 [HWK]ZamboniChaos

[HWK]ZamboniChaos

Community Manager

• Meteor Entertainment
  • 990 posts
  • LocationCruise Ship, Stern

Posted June 12 2014 - 05:03 PM

I'll allow this thread to remain open as long as no more videos are posted. There's good information here, but I won't tolerate any posts that lead other community members to be publicly branded as hackers. Keep that in mind when posting.

Pour yourself a drink, I'll sing you a song.

@ZamboniChaos

#19 GenAce

GenAce

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted June 12 2014 - 07:34 PM

Possible yes - but not probable. Again you are having to guess which direction a person will go the first time. After that then you can establish a pattern. But that first time you have a 50% chance of making an accurate prediction. Even then the human brain can not track a target to maintain consecutive hits on the target. It is not feasible. Science proves that.

#20 Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas, baby.

Posted June 12 2014 - 08:04 PM

View PostGenAce, on June 12 2014 - 07:34 PM, said:

Possible yes - but not probable. Again you are having to guess which direction a person will go the first time. After that then you can establish a pattern. But that first time you have a 50% chance of making an accurate prediction. Even then the human brain can not track a target to maintain consecutive hits on the target. It is not feasible. Science proves that.

Play Dew then. Or me.  I miss about .003% more often than he does.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users