HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

AimBots - How do you spot them_

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted June 12 2014 - 09:29 PM

View Postrekina, on June 12 2014 - 04:13 PM, said:

View Postnokari, on June 12 2014 - 03:20 PM, said:

View Postrekina, on June 12 2014 - 02:35 PM, said:

View PostZaxik, on June 12 2014 - 02:25 PM, said:

bunch of videos

If these guys were not banned yet there is literally no reason to play hawken. I'm glad I don't see them around anymore.

Don't be silly. Botters are like 0.5% of the population. In real numbers, that would be like 50 botters for every 10,000 players.

Well, it's not about their numbers, it's about knowing devs are at least giving us some sht enough to ban them upon report. :)

They do ban people. 2 or 3 not getting banned after a while due to inconclusive evidence is not a reason to leave the game entirely, considering the odds of anyone encountering them is below 1%.

Posted Image

#22 rekina

rekina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted June 12 2014 - 10:17 PM

View Postnokari, on June 12 2014 - 09:29 PM, said:

They do ban people. 2 or 3 not getting banned after a while due to inconclusive evidence is not a reason to leave the game entirely, considering the odds of anyone encountering them is below 1%.

As long as they try I won't leave for that reason. I wish we get an actual kill cam instead of just a 'cam' though. If we could save those ~10 seconds of replay would be perfect >.>

#23 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted June 13 2014 - 02:01 PM

Generally I can spot them mostly from multiple encounters in my scout. I know what a mech can do and if someone still tracks me as I spin around beside them AND maintains fire on me, then it is pretty obvious (this is my rubbing chassis). Other ways is just by watching the kill cam. I myself have been called a hacker numerous times... However, prediction is a powerful thing. You get to "know" things and just react.

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#24 FRETICO

FRETICO

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted September 15 2014 - 06:59 PM

Ker4u, thanks for the hawkencamera.ini tip.

#25 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted October 22 2014 - 11:11 AM

a white hat hacker could theoreticaly write an aimbot detector that will alarm if anyone within loading distance uses, by graphing each players rotation/angle per tick
if you see two players and ones rotation is deadlocked each tick thats a bot since players dont aim at the "zer0"  and hold wihtout so much as disturbing a float

(cough mabey devs will do this as one of their secret inhouse schemes

(cough forgot aimbots can have switches to "blur" the aim as to not be so precise

Edited by MechFighter5e3bf9, October 22 2014 - 11:14 AM.

i don't mean any of it

#26 mittens800

mittens800

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted October 22 2014 - 11:31 AM

I can only assume the dead are coming back to life because it's close to Halloween...

#27 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted October 22 2014 - 04:52 PM

Starting another hopped up binge , just finished sleeping a month after last time
i don't mean any of it

#28 Godmoney

Godmoney

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted October 22 2014 - 05:46 PM

View PostDM30, on June 12 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

View PostGenAce, on June 12 2014 - 12:56 PM, said:

Reaction time has everything to do with it though spo0n. 1) Propability: You have a 50% chance of guessing which direction a person is going using the basic side to side strafe. 2) Reaction time: A mech moves which means that given that .21 seconds your cursor isn't on that mech. Fact is - a person for those .21 seconds isn't being damaged. Aimbot doesn't require a reaction.. they just track.

1) Many players have predictable dodging patterns (it's surprising the number of people I see spam alternating dodges as soon as the cooldown is over -- granted from time to time I still get caught up in that habit too) so it really isn't a 50-50 chance a lot of the time. Terrain is also a limiting factor.

2) Same as 1, if people dodge predictably you can start tracking when you know they're going to dodge, or just immediately aim where they'll be. I'm no pro player, but I've done this often enough.

While yes people can predict dodging I think you miss the point or are taking it too literally.

A human yes can predict a dodge but no human can stick to a target and snap target to target like a aimbot does. I purchased 24 hours with a aimbot 2 weeks ago and trust me, no human being can react as fast as a aimbot on a consistent basis.

Woops, necro thread sorry.

#29 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted October 22 2014 - 06:52 PM

I was a necro in everquest
i don't mean any of it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users