HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Where did my purchased mechs and/or Alpha 2 progress go_

News Announcement Alpha Beta Event Community

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted October 25 2012 - 05:02 PM

To prepare for the start of Closed Beta Event 1, we are in the process of wiping all Alpha 2 and pre-event progress. This includes purchased mechs, items, internals, customization, and progression.

You will also find that your currencies are being set to new integers. All CBE1 players will start with 4800 Meteor Points. HAWKEN Points are the earned currency of HAWKEN and will accrue as you play the game.

Spend your currencies wisely! Buying the Cooling Units internal for a chassis loadout that doesn't build heat rapidly may not be the most strategic of choices.
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#2 ShogoAmakusa

ShogoAmakusa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 08:39 PM

I bought a Sharpshooter mech and all my HP are now gone... But my question is: Will we (me and other players that are sharing of this same problem) be given our points back_ Points will remain in our accounts even after the beta ends_
thanks for your attention =D

#3 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted October 25 2012 - 09:10 PM

All currencies were reset to 4800 MP and 0 HP. The 4800 MP is yours to use for the duration of Closed Beta.

#4 Wikus

Wikus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted October 25 2012 - 09:28 PM

Question regards pre closed beta.  Just  bought a new mech earlier today using hawken points. However that mech is not in my  garage anymore. Is this possibly  the side effect of  using the development commands  while  offline_

Cheers.

Edit: Ahh all good now, points are back and back to the beginner  mech.

Edited by Wikus, October 25 2012 - 10:57 PM.

This is basically a guy, and there's 3 humans here, basically trying to make a warning, you know, saying "I kill 3 humans, watch out for me."

#5 Spiderz

Spiderz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationMarcoola Beach, QLD, AUS

Posted October 25 2012 - 10:38 PM

View PostScapes, on October 25 2012 - 09:10 PM, said:

All currencies were reset to 4800 MP and 0 HP. The 4800 MP is yours to use for the duration of Closed Beta.

will closed beta purchases/progress carry on into open beta or will they also be wiped like alpha 2 was_

sorry about the obligatory question i just read somebody saying that last week

Edited by Spiderz, October 25 2012 - 10:38 PM.

DAMN SON! WHERE'D YOU FIND THIS!_
i want keybinding that makes my mech play this tune with acouple twirling beacon lights.
click banner for clan info
Posted Image

#6 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted October 25 2012 - 11:47 PM

View PostSpiderz, on October 25 2012 - 10:38 PM, said:

will closed beta purchases/progress carry on into open beta or will they also be wiped like alpha 2 was_

We will wipe before Open Beta begins.

#7 Culex

Culex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 12:02 AM

Tonight was the first night I've ever had a Hawken client installed. I was monkeying around in the menus and garage and didn't see or realize that I had a total and finite amount of points to spend. I figured that I'd be able to purchase everything even though costs were listed.

Anyway, I spam-purchased most of the starter mechs and actually had bought the same kind (assault) twice. So now I am am left with too little points to purchase the remaining one or two mechs left, and I was hoping I'd get to try them all.

Now I found out that the MP was set to 4800 (before my purchases) for everyone to last for beta. Is this going to be reset for the next Cbe_ Or were these points meant to last for the entirety of closed and/or open beta__ I really wanted to have the chance to explore all the purchaseable options; anything I can do_ It doesn't look like there is a sell back option for purchased mechs either.

I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future...

I consume time... And I will consume you!
Posted Image

#8 PiVoR

PiVoR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted October 26 2012 - 12:18 AM

So we start with 0hp but can we still earn them_ or we are limited to those 4800mp for entire test duration_

#9 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted October 26 2012 - 03:31 AM

View PostCulex, on October 26 2012 - 12:02 AM, said:

Now I found out that the MP was set to 4800 (before my purchases) for everyone to last for beta. Is this going to be reset for the next Cbe_ Or were these points meant to last for the entirety of closed and/or open beta__ I really wanted to have the chance to explore all the purchaseable options; anything I can do_ It doesn't look like there is a sell back option for purchased mechs either.

The 4800 Meteor Points (MP) was given for CBE1, not all of Closed Beta. There will be a wipe of all progress and currency before Open Beta. You can earn HAWKEN Points (HP) to purchase more mechs and upgrades if you have insufficient MP.

View PostPiVoR, on October 26 2012 - 12:18 AM, said:

So we start with 0hp but can we still earn them_

Correct.

#10 CyanideFuse

CyanideFuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted October 26 2012 - 04:39 AM

That is a relief, I thought my account had an issue.

I learned a valuable lesson from my alpha test and that was not to drink whiskey and go on a spending spree.  I spent a tonne of points on a mech I used once or twice.

These tests are useful for many reasons...!

Edited by CyanideFuse, October 26 2012 - 04:39 AM.

#11 AndryRock9217

AndryRock9217

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted October 26 2012 - 12:10 PM

I bought some mechs but something went wrong during the purchase, now i got two sharpshooters instead of one. Can i sell back my mechs_

Edited by AndryRock9217, October 26 2012 - 02:17 PM.

#12 DevilTyphoon

DevilTyphoon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted October 26 2012 - 01:34 PM

The problem is that i have 0 hawken points without any purchase
Posted Image

#13 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted October 27 2012 - 12:08 PM

View PostAndryRock9217, on October 26 2012 - 12:10 PM, said:

I bought some mechs but something went wrong during the purchase, now i got two sharpshooters instead of one. Can i sell back my mechs_
No, mechs cannot be sold back to the store at this time.

View PostDevilTyphoon, on October 26 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

The problem is that i have 0 hawken points without any purchase
As said earlier, accounts do not start with any HAWKEN Points.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News, Announcement, Alpha, Beta, Event, Community

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users