HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

State of the raider right now _

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Gamaran

Gamaran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted June 17 2014 - 09:35 AM

Hi guys

Im back from a break of a few month in the game and last time i was playing the raider was greatly underpowered.

What i would like to know is, has it been fixed _ how is he now _

Thanks for your answers

#2 Coboxite

Coboxite

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted June 17 2014 - 09:38 AM

Its still a strong ambush mech, the claw got a rate of fire boost(At the slight cost of straight damage). Having to recently marathon the thing, I say its pretty good. I'm still working my opinion on the G2 raider though.

#3 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted June 17 2014 - 09:40 AM

its pretty good now, but not strong/overpowered

- lok'tar ogar -

#4 SparkyJJC

SparkyJJC

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationThe country of tea and crumpets

Posted June 17 2014 - 09:41 AM

View PostGamaran, on June 17 2014 - 09:35 AM, said:

Hi guys

Im back from a break of a few month in the game and last time i was playing the raider was greatly underpowered.

Thanks for your answers

The Raider has become one of the most viable CQC mechs in the game capable of decimating entire teams with the correct weapons, items, internals, and a competent pilot. It still has it's weakness of being incredibly weak at long range.
It isn't OP, as it's viability greatly depends on the skill of the pilot.

Edited by SparkyJJC, June 17 2014 - 09:42 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Gamaran

Gamaran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted June 17 2014 - 09:44 AM

Ok thank you also, what about the raider g2 _ Is it like the assault g2 when it went out _

View PostSparkyJJC, on June 17 2014 - 09:41 AM, said:

View PostGamaran, on June 17 2014 - 09:35 AM, said:

Hi guys

Thanks for your answers

The Raider has become one of the most viable CQC mechs in the game capable of decimating entire teams with the correct weapons, items, internals, and a competent pilot. It still has it's weakness of being incredibly weak at long range.
It isn't OP, as it's viability greatly depends on the skill of the pilot.

What build do you recommend for it right now _

#6 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted June 17 2014 - 09:54 AM

It's in a good spot.

#7 mmm_yep

mmm_yep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted June 17 2014 - 10:05 AM

View PostGamaran, on June 17 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:

What build do you recommend for it right now _
Browse through the first couple pages of the mech forum  here, there are already some good discussions about Raider builds.
https://community.pl...ild-for-raider/

https://community.pl..._20#entry540512

Edited by mmm_yep, June 17 2014 - 10:06 AM.

#8 Terr_

Terr_

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted June 17 2014 - 05:04 PM

Got it a few days ago, and I'm a little underwhelmed. Maybe there's some sort of ping-dependence to the MIRV explosive shotgun mode that I'm not adjusting for.

#9 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted June 17 2014 - 10:12 PM

View PostTerr_, on June 17 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

Got it a few days ago, and I'm a little underwhelmed. Maybe there's some sort of ping-dependence to the MIRV explosive shotgun mode that I'm not adjusting for.

The MIRV is a projectile unlike the t-32 or reflak which are hitscan. It detonates at the end of it's falloff range with a tiny explosion (which is why you do self damage with it.) You gotta line the shot up so they are running into it or dodging towards you or down range. If you hit the MIRV full on with every shell it will actually propel the player to the ground.  

I find the best strategy is to be really fuzzy bunny close so i can't miss the mirv. I use the failsafe to negate some of that mirv damage. T-32 complements this playstyle. I also recommend testing and finding the MIRV's fall off range for yourself so that you know the distance at which to use it and the speed it travels. It's a much better weapon than the KLA if you're close in.  

As to the OP's question..

The Raider isn't over or underpowered, it's just unwieldy at first. Once you get its rhythm the raider is a blast. Easily my favorite mech.

Edited by LoC_TR, June 17 2014 - 10:13 PM.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#10 IIIShadow_SparkIII

IIIShadow_SparkIII

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted June 18 2014 - 04:04 AM

i find the alt fire on the secondary can be great for swatting down things like zerkers in flight

Edited by IIIShadow_SparkIII, June 18 2014 - 04:05 AM.

#11 mittens800

mittens800

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted June 19 2014 - 08:20 AM

It's a fun mech :)
I use it on lower level servers.

On higher level, it's harder for me to use effectively :(
I miss too much with corsair - if you do, it totally kills you even more so than normal because of the long cool down.

But I've seen some really good pilots that are very accurate with secondary and just tear it up.  Corsair hurts!

#12 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted June 19 2014 - 08:38 AM

View PostLoC_TR, on June 17 2014 - 10:12 PM, said:

View PostTerr_, on June 17 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

The MIRV is a projectile unlike the t-32 or reflak which are hitscan. It detonates at the end of it's falloff range with a tiny explosion (which is why you do self damage with it.) You gotta line the shot up so they are running into it or dodging towards you or down range. If you hit the MIRV full on with every shell it will actually propel the player to the ground.  

I find the best strategy is to be really fuzzy bunny close so i can't miss the mirv. I use the failsafe to negate some of that mirv damage. T-32 complements this playstyle. I also recommend testing and finding the MIRV's fall off range for yourself so that you know the distance at which to use it and the speed it travels. It's a much better weapon than the KLA if you're close in.  

As to the OP's question..

The Raider isn't over or underpowered, it's just unwieldy at first. Once you get its rhythm the raider is a blast. Easily my favorite mech.

God I love Raider. However, it can also be high risk high reward and is an AMAZING flanker. If a Raider sudden appears behind your team while engaged... you better take him out quick.

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#13 Northpaw

Northpaw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted June 19 2014 - 12:08 PM

I've been playing and enjoying the raider for a while. Its weapons all have their uses and its ability can be used in a variety of circumstances. In general, I like to use the EOC repeater for siege matches since the raider doesn't have the wherewithal to just sit on a point or easily flank heavy mechs. In other modes, I just prefer to use the reflak against heavier mech comps and the T32 against lighter comps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users