HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

sketchbook - bzombie

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#21 bzombie

bzombie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 09:18 PM

View PostSharpApple, on November 08 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

that's some great skill, I draw during my physics classes at school and am capable of drawing human figures but I would sell my kidney to be able to just create such interesting designs like those on the spot do you mind if i ask how long it took to create_

haha, thanks!

Umm.. time that took to create kinda varies since i just have a pad infront of me and just draw here and there. But it averages out to be about 10-20 mins each. The ones with more details obviously takes a little longer though. But yeah, they dont take too long since theres no erasing and tracing.

View PostSharpApple, on November 08 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

and also how long you have been drawing for

Umm.. ive drawn since i was pretty young, and finished an industrial design degree, but i only felt like im going somewhere with mechanical drawings since mid year. :)
Facebook page [Mecha Mornings]: Here
Sketchbook thread: New Here - Old Here

My Blog: Here
Posted Image

#22 bzombie

bzombie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted November 08 2012 - 09:24 PM

keep in mind though, these drawings are quite random with no brief hence why its fast. I just start off with random shapes and then turn them into something.

Posted Image

#23 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 08 2012 - 11:58 PM

Where'd you go for your degree_

By the way, what ballpoint was that_
I tend to use BiC, because the nearby corner store sells those, but I don't really like them. The ink is kind of gooey, and they just don't roll smoothly.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#24 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted November 09 2012 - 03:09 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 08 2012 - 11:58 PM, said:

I tend to use BiC, because the nearby corner store sells those, but I don't really like them. The ink is kind of gooey, and they just don't roll smoothly.

It's not a ballpoint. It is a felt tip, the kind you get at the craft stores

because bow ties are cool

#25 SharpApple

SharpApple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 11:36 PM

well after looking at your work i decided to give your art style a try and after around 2 hours of experiments iv finally got results but there nowhere close to your quality mind giving your opinion

IMG_0360.JPG
wandering gun

#26 SharpApple

SharpApple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted November 09 2012 - 11:53 PM

test.jpg

Edited by SharpApple, November 10 2012 - 12:15 AM.

wandering gun

#27 Ikaruz

Ikaruz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted November 10 2012 - 04:04 AM

Do you have a homepage or some other place where you host your pictures_

#28 rachux3

rachux3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 07:39 AM

View Postbzombie, on October 25 2012 - 10:08 PM, said:

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thats really frigin awesome, nice work.

#29 bzombie

bzombie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 03:57 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 08 2012 - 11:58 PM, said:

I went to monash in melbourne Australia and studied industrial design :)

Yeah, i used a fineliner 0.2, although i dont mind using BiCs. Heres an image of the pen.
Posted Image

View PostSharpApple, on November 09 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

well after looking at your work i decided to give your art style a try and after around 2 hours of experiments iv finally got results but there nowhere close to your quality mind giving your opinion

Attachment IMG_0360.JPG

Thats awesome! but for some reason i can seem to open the picture, ill try again later :)

View PostIkaruz, on November 10 2012 - 04:04 AM, said:

Homepage as in a blog or something_ Ive just started to make a tumblr so ill post the link here when its up :)

Thanks guys!

Posted Image

#30 KitLightning

KitLightning

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 04:21 AM

View Postbzombie, on October 25 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

Well because these are pretty random doodles, instead of spending time scanning them in, I just take a photo and add a default filter that some camera apps have. I guess it adds a bit of life!

Quite the opposite is the impression you'll get from that. It gives me the impression you don't bother to scan the pieces and rather shoot them in awkward angles with spots of light and shadow ruining the work. Not to say you could just as easily add filters on them in PS instead. So imho are killing the images for what they are worth of life.

Posted Image

MechWarrior: Living Legends - a total Crysis Wars conversion

#31 bzombie

bzombie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted November 11 2012 - 04:49 AM

View PostKitLightning, on November 11 2012 - 04:21 AM, said:

View Postbzombie, on October 25 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

Well because these are pretty random doodles, instead of spending time scanning them in, I just take a photo and add a default filter that some camera apps have. I guess it adds a bit of life!

Quite the opposite is the impression you'll get from that. It gives me the impression you don't bother to scan the pieces and rather shoot them in awkward angles with spots of light and shadow ruining the work. Not to say you could just as easily add filters on them in PS instead. So imho are killing the images for what they are worth of life.

Yeah, i do see where your coming from. I dont try to shoot them in awkward angles though, instead i try to take it straight on so it looks as scanned in as possible. Since they are mainly quick doodles for me, i really dont want to bother scanning them in.

I guess i add a filter ontop because i dont think it does justice to the picture if its left in black and white unless it is viewed in real life. But i can be totally wrong. Thanks though!

View PostSharpApple, on November 09 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

Attachment IMG_0360.JPG

Cool so the image worked! It looks awesome! I dont think i really have the knowledge to give much feedback though. Ill probably just say maybe some of the proportions and perspectives are off, but thats the same as mine anyways. Im not sure how you came up with the angles, but i usually start with just random shapes and turning them into something.

I hope you dont mind, but i took one of your angles and did my own version. You might be able to take something away from that. haha
I did take it slightly into photoshop and did some super quick shading and made the "screen" look nicer haha.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#32 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted November 11 2012 - 04:45 PM

^^this for some reason reminds me of comic book art, if your career doesn't pan out you should try story boarding or something

because bow ties are cool

#33 SharpApple

SharpApple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 01:21 AM

thanks i appreciate the advice and your interpretation looks bad ass next time i do something I will try and put some time into it to get the perspective right i got to say coming up with complex mechanical designs is hard

you said you went to monash in Melbourne that makes us fellow melbournians
wandering gun

#34 bzombie

bzombie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 06:33 PM

View PostIkaruz, on November 10 2012 - 04:04 AM, said:

Finally got around to making a blog. Heres the link: http://blee-design.tumblr.com/

View PostSharpApple, on November 12 2012 - 01:21 AM, said:

thanks i appreciate the advice and your interpretation looks bad ass next time i do something I will try and put some time into it to get the perspective right i got to say coming up with complex mechanical designs is hard

you said you went to monash in Melbourne that makes us fellow melbournians

Try looking at construction vehicles and things similar for reference. Also, you dont need to draw a mech straight away. Just drawing random parts help.

So your in melbourne as well! What do you study_

Posted Image

#35 SharpApple

SharpApple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 07:45 PM

you seem to have presumed that iv finished high school and am in uni, I am in Melbourne but i have not yet graduated at least not for very much longer

and again thanks for the advice ill look into reference material for inspiration
wandering gun

#36 bzombie

bzombie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 08:17 PM

View PostSharpApple, on November 12 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

you seem to have presumed that iv finished high school and am in uni, I am in Melbourne but i have not yet graduated at least not for very much longer

and again thanks for the advice ill look into reference material for inspiration

Oh yeah_ so what are u thinking of studying when you get into uni_

Posted Image

#37 SharpApple

SharpApple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted November 12 2012 - 09:31 PM

good question....  I have no idea i was thinking about architecture but i lack the passion for it so at the moment i really have no clue and its doing my head in how did you know what you wanted to do_
wandering gun

#38 bzombie

bzombie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted November 13 2012 - 01:21 AM

lol i dunno man, i guess since young ive always liked to draw and wanted to design things.

Not sure man, if you already feel like you lack the passion in architecture before even starting it, then i wouldnt do it lol.
Just think of what you love doing in your past time and find a career in that. You need to do something you are passionate about.
Passion is the greatest motivation.

Posted Image

#39 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted November 13 2012 - 11:02 PM

Cool material! :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#40 Baslok

Baslok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Locationruhrpott

Posted November 14 2012 - 10:42 AM

hey mate,

check out luca Zampriolo´s art (knowen as kallamity)

http://kallamity.com/

he has made a nice book about his art and they ways they grow (from sketch to a model)

as i saw your first post´s i was thinking direct about lucas stuff

go and make some real models

cheers

baslok from germany

Edited by Baslok, November 14 2012 - 10:43 AM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users