HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Mech will never move...

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 GoldenRatioTech

GoldenRatioTech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted June 19 2014 - 12:00 PM

I tried regular mode, training mode, VR mode, etc... All other keys and mouse seem to work but I cannot use the arrows or WASD keys to move the mech.  It just sits there.  This is the way it started by default on Steam and am wondering if I am missing something or if this is a bug_  Some one please help as I would love to be able to play this on the RIFT in the near future!

#2 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted June 19 2014 - 12:16 PM

It sure is a problem on your end, it's not a bug.

Posted Image

#3 GoldenRatioTech

GoldenRatioTech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted June 19 2014 - 12:27 PM

When I load the game it thinks I have a gamepad... I in fact DO NOT have anything other than a keyboard and mouse connected.  To me this must be a Steam Bug or a Hawken bug within Windows 8... Any ideas_

#4 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted June 19 2014 - 01:52 PM

got to settings (in Hawken game menu), controls/keyboard and rewire all the controls to keyboard keys (seeing as you're new, look at the Hawken game guide on the main website to find out what those are).

I've had only one scenario like that, but it was the E key on my keyboard suddenly being confused with a game pad button.

Hope that helps

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#5 GoldenRatioTech

GoldenRatioTech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted June 19 2014 - 03:44 PM

When I go to controls there are 3 columns for key mappings.  First, second and the third is shown with gamepad buttons... they are all set properly.  I tried to reset them, tried remapping to other keys to test, nothing works!  I tried multiplayer and sat on my one spot and shot turret style until I died... got sent to another location and same thing... very odd.  I thought at first it might be that I was stuck in the ground but even in the tutorial VR it does this.  I assume it is a Windows 8 thing coupled with Steam/Hawken not liking my keyboard and mouse combo maybe_  Any other ideas on how to remove gamepad options and revert to keyboard only options_  IS there a settings file I can hack to set it to keyboard_

#6 stinkycheeseman

stinkycheeseman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted June 19 2014 - 04:12 PM

It sounds like an issue with your KB and/or drivers, where the game is not recognizing it as a KB. What's the Make and Model of KB you are using_ Also, in the future, it's always a good idea to post your equipment specs in full when submitting a tech support request/thread.

#7 GoldenRatioTech

GoldenRatioTech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted June 19 2014 - 04:31 PM

Sorry about that...

Windows 8.1 update 1
Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse
Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Keyboard
Thus 2 USB receivers cause they are 2 different devices... under devices it lists the keyboard as Microsoft USB Dual Receiver Wireless Keyboard (Mouse and Keyboard Center)... and in device manager there are two of these listed, I assume one for the mouse and one for the keyboard as they are similar models but not the same... the mouse can come with a keyboard that works on the one USB receiver with it but I did not like that keyboard so I bought the mouse only model... I assume now that is likely what is going on but to tell Steam or Hawken to ignore that and force keyboard is beyond what I have been able to find info on currently.

i5 2500k proc, GTX 760, lots of RAM... 800W power.  Dual monitors.

I'm pretty sure there is a device conflict somewhere telling Steam and or Hawken that it is a game controller.  I tried to play Portal 2 and it works fine except the mouse moves out of my one screen to a second screen when I am playing...

So if anyone has an idea or a solution that would be awesome since I cannot play the game at all... :(

Edited by GoldenRatioTech, June 19 2014 - 06:02 PM.

#8 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted June 20 2014 - 12:51 AM

Check your device manager again under the HID section (Human Interface Devices), and make sure your KB/mouse didn't install a virtual gamepad driver as well. If so, disable it.

If not, file a ticket with the support staff: https://playhawken.z...us/requests/new

#9 GoldenRatioTech

GoldenRatioTech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted June 20 2014 - 05:16 AM

Nothing listed that would make me think Virtual Gamepad driver... Just many HID-compliant consumer control devices, system controllers and then MS Hardware USB Keyboard x 2 and same for mouse due to both the mouse and the keyboard technically having their own separate counterparts but which were purchased separately.  I am starting to hate that I bought these devices now even though I like them in Windows! i'll submit a ticket :)  Thanks.

#10 GoldenRatioTech

GoldenRatioTech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted June 20 2014 - 12:09 PM

Some additional info if it helps..

DXDiag -- http://pastebin.com/6jvgsx4p
HawkenInput.ini -- http://pastebin.com/UhHeNw2X

It appears to not be an issue with the KB itself, tried all regular troubleshooting avenues suggested in chat and forum.  All keys function normally in game except that WASD does not move the mech when playing... but they do type.

#11 GoldenRatioTech

GoldenRatioTech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted June 20 2014 - 12:25 PM

Tried an alternate KB and mouse, one wired, one wireless, same issue.  Reset everything to defaults, still an issue.  Very odd that I am stuck and can't move... if you look down can you see the legs_

#12 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted June 20 2014 - 02:45 PM

You mention the legs... I don't know if your supposed to or not... hmm, have you redistributed your game packages recently, or at all_

#13 GoldenRatioTech

GoldenRatioTech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted June 20 2014 - 03:58 PM

How do i do that_ I told steam to recheck the game files... and that passed.

#14 GoldenRatioTech

GoldenRatioTech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted June 20 2014 - 07:01 PM

Tried in online game as well and still stuck.  Issue is definitely software... any more ideas_

#15 GoldenRatioTech

GoldenRatioTech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted June 23 2014 - 10:44 AM

Reinstalling the game OR disabling a program called Synergy seems to have fixed the problem.

#16 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted June 23 2014 - 04:28 PM

Yeah, re-installing the game makes sense... FYI, the redistribution file is found at:
C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonHawkenBinariesRedist

Sorry about not including that earlier, didn't think about it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users