HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

National Flags in Paint Shop would be great! decals!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Spiderz

Spiderz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationMarcoola Beach, QLD, AUS

Posted October 26 2012 - 12:20 AM

it would be really great if we could choose our nations flag within the paint shop! even if it was a small decal! playing MOH recently i've realized how it's a great pride to represent your nation! :D

it would also be great to add a variety of different decals to predetermined places on the 6 mechs :ph34r:
DAMN SON! WHERE'D YOU FIND THIS!_
i want keybinding that makes my mech play this tune with acouple twirling beacon lights.
click banner for clan info
Posted Image

#2 Th4nis

Th4nis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted October 26 2012 - 12:30 AM

Yeah, I thought about that too, we could also be able to import a relatively small image (say 300*300 jpg) and "paint it" on a spot pre-selected by the devs. It could be a "meteor point" feature since it is only cosmetic. And make the flags available with both hawken points & meteor_

#3 Wikus

Wikus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 12:56 AM

I also agree to this, Having a pre - selected area where national flags are able to be applied.

Now, bit of a thought about custom textures and decals.
Yes i would  love  the  ability to  go in and  paint over the UV map/ texture map  they provide.  However there is alot of issues.

- Server download: Guess it depends on how  their server is  setup. They would require a constant real time download and upload.. so when lets someone jumps into the same game server the images will download and refresh.

- Monitoring:  Adding  custom logos   would  be  awesome! though you may  get the unhappy gamer who may put  an inappropriate picture  or texture. To  add to this you may get a  few people putting on existing logos  of companies.. this  may cause a  few  issues for the the hawken developers.

But yep overall i think pre selected flag decals or other decals would  be  great. Good idea!

Extended input:
- Now i i  would  love to be able to texture each mech to my liking.. However again  you can get a few who  maybe completely alpha out the  texture so they may  appear invisible.
A solution  to this could be  by allowing an allocated time for artists to be able to upload their own textures and maps. This will allow the  textures  to be  reviewed possibly and pre uploaded onto the  servers.

Anyways Just a thought.

Cheers!
This is basically a guy, and there's 3 humans here, basically trying to make a warning, you know, saying "I kill 3 humans, watch out for me."

#4 Th4nis

Th4nis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted October 26 2012 - 01:17 AM

You're right, I hadn't thought of that regarding custom textures. But flags would be great! :D

Edited by Th4nis, October 26 2012 - 01:17 AM.

#5 Juodvarnis

Juodvarnis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted October 26 2012 - 02:45 AM

I wouldn't mind having my Yellow, Green and Red, tricolour flag on my mech ^_^
Posted Image
*sigh*

#6 Spiderz

Spiderz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationMarcoola Beach, QLD, AUS

Posted October 27 2012 - 12:00 PM

it'd make shooting at mechs more interesting, because they might come from another far away country

Play Hawken, Visit exotic places, Meet strange people, THEN KILL THEM.
DAMN SON! WHERE'D YOU FIND THIS!_
i want keybinding that makes my mech play this tune with acouple twirling beacon lights.
click banner for clan info
Posted Image

#7 Juodvarnis

Juodvarnis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted October 27 2012 - 12:02 PM

Hahahaha, so true.
Posted Image
*sigh*

#8 SweetTooth

SweetTooth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 12:18 PM

Agree
Favorite

Whatever, I want that.

#9 Luftwaffle

Luftwaffle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationNanaimo, Canada

Posted October 27 2012 - 12:26 PM

Also, corporation logos. More fluff!
If you can't stand the HEAT, stay out of the map.

#10 ZeNublet

ZeNublet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted October 27 2012 - 12:28 PM

Been playing xcom lately. Yea it would be cool to have a small flag on the character in the back or something.,

#11 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted October 27 2012 - 12:36 PM

View PostLuftwaffle, on October 27 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

Also, corporation logos. More fluff!

I want a big Frito-Lays logo on the front of mine, right above the Wonder Bread and Hankook Tires logos. Nascar style.
Posted Image

#12 ThaNikkitz

ThaNikkitz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationRight Behind You ;)

Posted October 27 2012 - 03:38 PM

Thing is what happens with the TM rights... and what if this happens:

View PostWikus, on October 26 2012 - 12:56 AM, said:

- Monitoring:  Adding  custom logos   would  be  awesome! though you may  get the unhappy gamer who may put  an inappropriate picture  or texture. To  add to this you may get a  few people putting on existing logos  of companies.. this  may cause a  few  issues for the the hawken developers.

I'm sorry about what you're about to read, but I really don't want to see a disgusting body part (since the censorship is hilarious... fuzzy bunny xDDD) on the side of a mech or something worse if there is.
Although it would be a great idea, I think it shouldn't be implemented due to the actual folks who will play the game, assuming they're immature because that's what the internet has taught us.

Still, the flag or sort of a pre-aproved banner for guilds (if there are going to be any guilds) would be epic IMO

Cya in da GAIMZ!!

Edited by ThaNikkitz, October 27 2012 - 03:39 PM.

You Know it was ThaNikkitz!

#13 Puru

Puru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationGrove Street, Los Santos, San Andreas

Posted October 27 2012 - 04:29 PM

I actually think this is a poor idea. When people start repping their country, we seem to just subconsciously go towards calling everyone outside of our own some really nasty names, and I've played far too many competitive games where that has happened because the game itself included that. England hates Canada hates Russia hates Brazil hates America, and in the end, everyone is going Huehuehue in their own circles and hissing and foaming at the mouth to everyone else.
Shamelessly stealing everything not bolted down

#14 Robsbot

Robsbot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted October 27 2012 - 05:12 PM

Agree with flag decals as well as corporation logos from the fluff. Also, I'd pay out the nose for a sticker of a fuzzy bunny. You read that right, it wasn't censored. I want a big pink fuzzy bunny on the front and or back of my rocketeer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users