HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Unable to download metafile_

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Aryaa

Aryaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 07:39 AM

View PostElix, on October 26 2012 - 07:28 AM, said:

View PostAryaa, on October 26 2012 - 07:27 AM, said:

Ive been lurking (without a user) for a while and that one guy pisses me off.
One shouldnt behave like something you're clearly not.
The hypocrisy was delicious, I thought you'd like to know.
Im not the one behaving like a moderator, or am I_

Anyhow the error is fuzzy bunny stupid and why would they disable the downloads!_ I thought the point of BETAs were to allow people to download the client and its files BEFORE the BETA started so that people (and especially americans with slow dsl connections) can play when its up rather than wait even longer.

#22 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 26 2012 - 07:44 AM

I more meant this:

Stop acting like youre a moderator on this website because youre not. Stop telling people what to do, its not your job.
Because you start by telling him to stop acting like a moderator (since he isn't), then you tell him to stop telling people what to do (because it's not his job).

You aren't a moderator either.

I don't think you understand the problem. They didn't DISABLE the downloads. The system BROKE AT 3AM LOCAL TIME and it's currently being fixed, where it's coming up on 9am local time.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#23 Pollosg1

Pollosg1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 07:44 AM

how much time i have to wait to download the game, i stil get metafile warning.

#24 Loveless

Loveless

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted October 26 2012 - 08:00 AM

View PostPollosg1, on October 26 2012 - 07:44 AM, said:

how much time i have to wait to download the game, i stil get metafile warning.
It's a very small download, it took me roughly sixteen minutes to download and that was while I was playing DOTA2, so I am sure it's fairly small of a download. Most of the game is in the installer you can download from the site.

Edited by Loveless, October 26 2012 - 08:00 AM.

#25 Aryaa

Aryaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

View PostElix, on October 26 2012 - 07:44 AM, said:

I don't think you understand the problem. They didn't DISABLE the downloads. The system BROKE AT 3AM LOCAL TIME and it's currently being fixed, where it's coming up on 9am local time.
Im not american, sorry I dont know what 9am local time is in CET, stereotypical american thinks everyone has the same timezone.
system broke lol bollocks.

#26 Pixelested

Pixelested

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationBill Murray's Space Jam Mansion

Ladies, ladies, take the dispute over the right to free speech somewhere else. I have the same issue, since I let my computer download it overnight, however the servers are not up at this moment, and that may be why it is not authorizing. Give it time, get some fresh air and clear your heads. This is a forum, people. Not an arena to question and attack each other.
"In a world void of absolute truth, opinion prevails."

#27 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted October 26 2012 - 08:08 AM

View PostAryaa, on October 26 2012 - 08:00 AM, said:

View PostElix, on October 26 2012 - 07:44 AM, said:

Im not american, sorry I dont know what 9am local time is in CET, stereotypical american thinks everyone has the same timezone.
system broke lol bollocks.
Well, let's see... first, I gave the times relative to the time of my post. Maybe you don't know what 9am local time is in CET, but I bet you know what time it is now in CET. Well, guess what, it's just after 9am for Hawken's local time. And at 3am, most people tend to be sleeping, in many cultures around the world.

Second, if you look at my profile, it says I'm Canadian, not American. If you can't tell the difference, we're not having this conversation.

Third, computers go down while everyone is asleep sometimes. If you think that Adhesive Games decided to disable downloads, and that's more likely than a computer glitch, why are you even bothering to give this game your time_ Clearly, if they intentionally disabled downloads during European prime time, they're a pack of useless monkeys, so you should go elsewhere more worthwhile.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users