HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

New game mode

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted June 21 2014 - 05:00 PM

alright, you guys didn't seem to enjoy the king of the hill idea, so here's a new one.  I have no idea what to call it though.

Basically, there's an arena containing all the players,  one player is selected (randomly) to play the "boss".  This person has health times the amount of people there are.  So say he's playing Assault, he has 565 health and there are 10 people, he will have 5650 health.  get it_

This person also has some added benefits for being the boss.  I.E. Larger heat capacity, more weapon damage, etc.  also, this "boss" player is versing every other person on the server.  and once you're dead, you're dead for the rest of the round.  Round ends when everyone is dead or "boss" is killed.  I know, this is very similar to deathmatches in certain parts but I personally think this is a different concept that (sort of) revolves around it.  

anywho, share your feedback :)

#2 SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Spaceman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationDropped on Illal

Posted June 21 2014 - 05:05 PM

It's cool but...

Posted Image

To be chill, drink warm tea. You paradoxical madman. -TwentyFirstPilot

#3 Zdragow

Zdragow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDrowning in energy drinks

Posted June 21 2014 - 05:11 PM

View PostSatelliteJack, on June 21 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

It's cool but...

Your point being_ Many games have done the boss fight style. One of the most well-known being TF2.

I'd see nothing wrong with Hawken adapting its own version of the style. Perhaps with a powerful rogue drone created by the collective drones already being made.

#4 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted June 21 2014 - 08:16 PM

I guess it is pretty similar to that game, but as Zdragow said, a lot of games have adopted that idea already.  I got my inspiration off the (now gone) game mode from TF2.  I think it'd be cool though if a player controlled it because players behave much more differently from bots AND because they get to use the default mechs with buffs, people should know it's strengths and weaknesses.

anyhow, it's just a rough idea, as i already said, feedback is much appreciated :)

#5 SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Spaceman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationDropped on Illal

Posted June 22 2014 - 02:20 AM

Yeah, I suppose that's true. Shoot, one of my favorite gamemodes out of TF2 is VSH, so I do like idea. It's all in the execution, I guess is what I'm getting at. Last I heard, members of the HAWKEN team are working on Outrise, so there couldn't be too much overlap. Would still be pretty fun, though.

Edited by SatelliteJack, June 22 2014 - 02:21 AM.

Posted Image

To be chill, drink warm tea. You paradoxical madman. -TwentyFirstPilot

#6 camtheking20

camtheking20

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted June 22 2014 - 02:56 PM

Sunds cool i think evolv will be something like this

#7 Groff

Groff

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted June 23 2014 - 05:37 AM

View PostInfyrno, on June 21 2014 - 05:00 PM, said:

alright, you guys didn't seem to enjoy the king of the hill idea, so here's a new one.  I have no idea what to call it though.

Basically, there's an arena containing all the players,  one player is selected (randomly) to play the "boss".  This person has health times the amount of people there are.  So say he's playing Assault, he has 565 health and there are 10 people, he will have 5650 health.  get it_

This person also has some added benefits for being the boss.  I.E. Larger heat capacity, more weapon damage, etc.  also, this "boss" player is versing every other person on the server.  and once you're dead, you're dead for the rest of the round.  Round ends when everyone is dead or "boss" is killed.  I know, this is very similar to deathmatches in certain parts but I personally think this is a different concept that (sort of) revolves around it.  

anywho, share your feedback :)

So... it's like Juggernaut from the Halo series_
Every reality is naught but a dream and every dreamer a god unknowing...

#8 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted June 23 2014 - 02:43 PM

yeah, more or less.  you just kill the big "boss" guy to win.  Only, as the boss, you have some buffs, such as increased weapon damage and health (duh, its' like 8 on 1), and some other abilities or the like

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users