HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Addicted to the Shear Awesome!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Oxxnard

Oxxnard

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationIn my CR-T

Posted July 11 2014 - 07:53 AM

Hey Guys! Oxxnard here. I'm brand new to this game. I found it last night when I was browsing steam for some games and thought it looks pretty cool. I woke up this morning to find that the download was done and I started my game. I ran through the tutorial and was ready to play. I thought the matches were going to pretty slow like the tutorial and was afraid I would uninstall the game if the combat turned out to be boring.

Guys... let me tell you what happened. I didn't que for a match, what I had qued for an all out team death match consisting of Gods made from steel ripping into each other. I have a surround sound system in my game room hooked to my PC so it might have made the game more intense then it seemed but man was it crazy! I start out as a reaper and I roll out into combat with my team. I was just waddling along when suddenly I received some damage and I looked around to see where it came from. I learned very quickly that this pause I took would be foreshadowing my role for this match. I begin hearing guns fire and seeing my mech take serious damage. I go from waddle to a full boosted sprint to the nearest pillar hoping that a noob pitying teammate will fall out of the sky and hide me. I take cover but the guns won't stop. I'm looking for the enemy team but all I hear is their guns which sound like the horns of Hell blaring to release the devil-beasts upon my mega weenie mech. I peek out of my hiding spot and see two mech come shooting up from below unleashing their unforgiving, high caliber, soul crushing weapons upon my poor little Kleenex box of a mech. I was awe struck. I was just annihilated... for pausing for a brief moment. One little pause and I was wiped off the map like pigeon poo off of a windshield. It was... beautiful! The mechs all look way awesome, and even though I learned how to play a predator so I could keep from getting my face melted for the rest of the match and eventually stop dying enough for my team to lead its self to victory, when I did die, it was the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen in a game. The mechs and weapons are visually stunning and the combat is awesome and fast pace. I found out the hard way that you don't get pinned down in the game if your a noob, you're just allowed to hide long enough for the enemy to find a better spot to kill you from lol.

Anyway, yeah this game is awesome and I've been checking out the forums all morning from work and I have to say the community looks really friendly too! Glad to be here guys!
"I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion" - Alexander the Great

#2 SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Spaceman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationDropped on Illal

Posted July 11 2014 - 08:20 AM

Welcome aboard, Pilot! A glutton for punishment, eh_ Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it. The best thing to keep in mind is that radar at the bottom left corner, for it sees all. Or at least most. Also, you're on the right track with the forums. There's all sorts of tips and tricks threads (#ShamelessSelfplug), and tutorials for every mech out there. Good luck, have fun, and catch ya on the battlefield! :D

Edited by SatelliteJack, July 11 2014 - 08:03 PM.

Posted Image

To be chill, drink warm tea. You paradoxical madman. -TwentyFirstPilot

#3 Brycko

Brycko

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationA place in physical space

Posted July 11 2014 - 08:37 AM

You see, whats interesting is that Hawken develops skills that other FPS's don't, and that is why it is such a good game. You'll get the hang of it.

Welcome Aboard!

#4 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted July 11 2014 - 10:18 AM

Welcome to the game!

#5 Wi2P

Wi2P

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Location.. Recalculating ..

Posted July 11 2014 - 11:01 AM

Welcome to HAWKEN, Pilot!

You have quite the opening story, Oxxnard! I am most certain you'll enjoy your stay in our Illalian battlefields and the forum "garage".
I'ma Wisp. Feel free to ask me or any of the other friendly pilots queries. We are happy to assist! ^_^

Edited by Wi2P, July 11 2014 - 11:04 AM.

#6 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted July 11 2014 - 11:33 AM

Welcome to HAWKEN, pilot! :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#7 KelevAdom

KelevAdom

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Locationלא בארץ

Posted July 11 2014 - 04:14 PM

If you need in-depth guidance on how Not to play this game, it's also available. Ranking up is fairly basic:

1.  Don't die.

Everything else is easy, once you get that part down!
Welcome aboard!

Edited by KelevAdom, July 11 2014 - 04:14 PM.

#8 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted July 23 2014 - 11:56 PM

WELCOME FRESH MEAT- I mean... FELLOW PILOT!!!!

Lol, in all seriousness, welcome to Hawken. If you ever need help, don't hesitate to click my sig. I've got quite a few videos up that should help new players get used to the game. I'm adding more so be sure to check it out.

Glad to see your enthusiasm is sky high for this game. Kinda wish I had that awesome setup like you have but oh well. Enjoy your (hopefully) long stay in the realm of Hawken!
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users