HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

DM Guide/tips

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RumbleBall

RumbleBall

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted July 18 2014 - 09:30 AM

DM guide/tips:

1. Positional awareness: Look around you to spot enemies. Simple right_ Now do this while keeping your peripherals on the radar so you can notice any red blips.
2. Knowing when to engage: Go for the most favorable situation. Try to score as many points as possible! It's not always about kills; try to sustain yourself for a long time while dealing damage gets you the most points. This coincides with positional awareness, stay away from ganks - if you are being sandwiched, run and wait for the other two to engage eachother.
3. Who to aim for: I usually aim for the better player or the player winning the 1v1 fight because it usually leads to you getting a double kill or a kill + assist
4. Know your mech's strengths and know your enemie's weaknesses. If you are a scout trying to maneuver around a brawler with a flak you're gonna have a bad time.
5. Play smart! Never be in a situation in which you don't have control. If you control the initiation, the engagement (this means you chose the proper situation after obtaining a good positional awareness and that you know your mechs capabilities), you will win the fight!
6. Know when to push and when to back off. (this one is more advanced maybe ill write some more about it some later time)

#2 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted July 18 2014 - 09:43 AM

One of the best in DM: http://www.youtube.c...R7JKJgC1H9plsrg

Obviously it's not just DM videos only, but the DM videos are pretty good. I really encourage him to make even more video, and also other people to subscribe to his channel.

Posted Image

#3 JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationMO

Posted July 18 2014 - 10:07 AM

View PostRumbleBall, on July 18 2014 - 09:30 AM, said:

2. Knowing when to engage: Go for the most favorable situation. Try to score as many points as possible! It's not always about kills; try to sustain yourself for a long time while dealing damage gets you the most points. This coincides with positional awareness, stay away from ganks - if you are being sandwiched, run and wait for the other two to engage eachother.
3. Who to aim for: I usually aim for the better player or the player winning the 1v1 fight because it usually leads to you getting a double kill or a kill + assist

I can't really think of any DM-exclusive tips more important than those. I've seen so many decent players absolutely suck at DM because they don't understand how important it is to use the rest of the players in a match to their advantage.

#4 spo0n

spo0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted July 18 2014 - 10:18 AM

View PostJeffMagnum, on July 18 2014 - 10:07 AM, said:

I can't really think of any DM-exclusive tips more important than those. I've seen so many decent players absolutely suck at DM because they don't understand how important it is to use the rest of the players in a match to their advantage.

And I can't believe how angry I get when I see someone else doing this, while all the other players are being complete tardises.

#5 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted July 18 2014 - 11:16 AM

View Postspo0n, on July 18 2014 - 10:18 AM, said:

View PostJeffMagnum, on July 18 2014 - 10:07 AM, said:

And I can't believe how angry I get when I see someone else doing this, while all the other players are being complete tardises.

I operate on pure fancy. By whim of moustache.
I'm so bad at dm. Just awful.
In fact, If I get the best of you in dm, you should just uninstall.

Posted Image

#6 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted July 18 2014 - 02:43 PM

positional awareness yes my favorite focus on that you'll notice how many others dont and feel like a ninja, its just hard on my brain haha i usualy spend half the time not trying to stay aware and just run in blasting but when i focus on the radar and imagining what they are most likely to do it gets crazy
i don't mean any of it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users