HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Trading mechs

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Alpha86

Alpha86

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted July 18 2014 - 02:52 PM

Not sure if this has been posted before, but it would be awesome if you could trade mechs with other users or even just friends, but only of same type (trade class A for class A)

Obviously it would have to be based on mutual agreement, but I think it would be a great way for players to get a feel for what they really like or dislike, instead of having to save up 12000 credits only to find out they hate the new mech.

Just a suggestion

#2 cornshuckerprime

cornshuckerprime

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted July 18 2014 - 03:13 PM

What's wrong with the mech test drive_
it's always been wankershim

#3 Alpha86

Alpha86

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted July 18 2014 - 03:23 PM

There's nothing wrong with test drives, but say you've test driven a mech and really want it, but it'll take longer than you'd like to purchase it. Then say someone has that mech, but grew tired of it/didn't really feel it matched their playstyle. If you may have a mech that they want, both parties win.

Perfect scenario for a trade right_

#4 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted July 18 2014 - 06:01 PM

It's been posted in various forms over the years. A swap garage, HC or MC boost to your account for return to Hawken/ADH, direct value trade for different mech from ADH or player, etc, etc.
The thread will get tons of likes, then fade into the sunset.
It used to be a joke (sorta) about how that and Clan Support were all going to be "Coming Soon to Hawken".
It WOULD be nice--but I don't see it happening.
:P
edit: Possible reason--the bottom line. You wanted it. It's yours, you bought it. Want something different_ Fine. Pony up the HC or MC (cash--essential ingredient to produce fat Bottom Line), and buy it, too!
It is, after all, one means for keeping Hawken healthy.
Yay.

Edited by EM1O, July 18 2014 - 06:04 PM.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#5 Terr_

Terr_

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted July 18 2014 - 06:26 PM

There's a big problem I think you missed. Internals, deployables, and weapons. (Cosmetics_)

If they come with the mech, then people will abuse this feature to create dummy accounts and transfer MC (or things bought with MC) to benefit a main account.  If they're lost forever, that sucks too.

Either way, it's a problem.

Edited by Terr_, July 18 2014 - 06:26 PM.

#6 Alpha86

Alpha86

Advanced Member

• Full Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 65 posts

Posted July 18 2014 - 06:41 PM

EM10, you're right, I guess that's how the Devs will make their money for their hard work.

Terr_ , I was thinking the trading process would be more like a re-stocking fee similar to NCIX. Once you buy it, use it, upgrade it and get rid of it, you pay some sort of price.

Even if your mech has upgraded internals and cosmetics, when you trade you lose it all and you only trade/receive the base mechs that you can buy from the market. That way, if players don't feel like working through HC/MC points to upgrade, they'll have to re-purchase items and upgrades. I guess the idea sounds easier theoretically than actually implementing it into the game.

#7 Ishy1261

Ishy1261

• Full Members
    • Pip
    • 4 posts

Posted August 30 2014 - 06:43 AM

I think you should be able to sell a mech, for the EXACT price you bought it at, including buying it with MC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users