HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

What's with the Co-op bot destruction queue_

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Purnylla

Purnylla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted July 21 2014 - 04:29 AM

I love this mode, but the biggest challenge is to actually find a team for it. I've been hitting the play button, but now five times in a row Hawken was unable to find a match for me. And the few times it actually find a match, people leave while connecting or there's only 1 or 2 other human players in the team.

Is co-op bot destruction that unpopular, or does Hawken fuzzy bunny up making teams_ It's been holding me back and kinda ruining my gaming experience TBH.

#2 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted July 21 2014 - 04:57 AM

People probably got bored of the repetition ... my advice to you is to add people who play that mode whenever you're lucky to get a game going. If you make a good number of friends who like to play the mode, then you could just go in a party. Add everyone you find playing it, and if you gather a good 10-20 friends out of that, then you'll be able to get a game going at any time.

The developers are working on databases, servers and trying to pay a technical debt ... basically busy working on non-content stuff. But as that is finished, they will get back to creating more content, including Co-Op related content, and then people will get back to playing the mode a lot more, which will make life a lot easier for you.

But for now, you should consider making friends who like to play the mode, and regroup in a party, and go play together, maybe use steam group voice chat for mode fun and team-play.

Posted Image

#3 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted July 21 2014 - 10:30 AM

Also if you're playing on US servers, you're trying to find matches during low population hours. Evenings and weekends are the best times.

Posted Image

#4 WarlordZ

WarlordZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted July 21 2014 - 02:39 PM

View PostEliteShooter, on July 21 2014 - 04:57 AM, said:

The developers are working on databases, servers and trying to pay a technical debt ... basically busy working on non-content stuff. But as that is finished, they will get back to creating more content, including Co-Op related content, and then people will get back to playing the mode a lot more, which will make life a lot easier for you.
To be clear, "technical debt" means that they have a lot of old and ineffective technology that they have to replace.  It doesn't involve money, at least not directly.  I'm posting this because most people are too lazy to actually look up the term and just assume that the developers are going bankrupt.

#5 Purnylla

Purnylla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted July 23 2014 - 09:17 AM

View Postnokari, on July 21 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

Also if you're playing on US servers, you're trying to find matches during low population hours. Evenings and weekends are the best times.

No I'm from EU servers. I'm definately having troubles during peak hours. Just tried queueing again. Two times it failed to find a game. Two times I ended up in a lobby all alone.

View PostWarlordZ, on July 21 2014 - 02:39 PM, said:

To be clear, "technical debt" means that they have a lot of old and ineffective technology that they have to replace.  It doesn't involve money, at least not directly.  I'm posting this because most people are too lazy to actually look up the term and just assume that the developers are going bankrupt.

Well, that explains, because this pretty much sucks and ruins my whole gaming experience. Can't even get in a game... :/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users