HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

My (kinda big) grabbag of suggestions, mostly for fixing things

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 BIsmuthZornisse

BIsmuthZornisse

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted July 23 2014 - 06:21 AM

SUGGESTIONS MARKED AS >>>URGENT<<< SHOULD BE IMPLEMENTED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, AS THE PROBLEMS THESE ARE MEANT TO ADRESS ARE REALLY HARMING MY (AND MAYBE OTHER'S) ENJOYMENT OF THE GAME. I don't want this game to die.
If any of my suggestions can't be implemented due to technical limitations or because my ideas are just too stupid, please say so, maybe i can refine them or something. Please point out factual errors, too.
Also, i'm terrible at putting things into words, so if anything about my suggestions is not clear enough, just tell me i'll try to clear it up.

I also colorcoded the sections, hopefully making reading them more convenient, the sections being mechs, weapons, items, modes, server/matchmaking and system/other, with my explanations for the thought behind the suggestions
I guess i'll just not use colorcoding, since other humans appearantly cannot read colors. So instead the sections each get their own spoiler box, each suggestion is in default color and my thoughts behind them in defaultly colored italic/cursive text. R.I.P. colors.

HEY, DEVS, IN CASE THE LIST BELOW IS TOO LONG TO READ FOR YOU, I COPIED THE URGENT STUFF INTO ITS OWN SECTION HERE. PLEASE AT LEAST READ THIS.
Spoiler

MECHS
Spoiler

WEAPONS in general
Spoiler

ITEMS
Spoiler

MODES
Spoiler

MATCHMAKING/SERVERS
Spoiler

SYSTEM
Spoiler

BONUS: New Mech suggestion (this was originally part of a seperate list of suggestions containing actually new stuff, but i figured this one would be easy enough to implement to include here)
G2 Sharpshooter aka Civ
Basically, i just want the civ-model to be officially assigned, and i think i read that civ used to be used as the default sharpshooter model in alpha phase, so there. i want this one's gimmick to be "high damage at long range, long reload times"
Stats: Fueltank>Airspeed>BoostSpeed>Overheat>Radar>FuelRegeneration>GroundSpeed>Armor
(G1 Sharpie's for reference: Overheat>Radar>Fueltank>Boostspeed>GroundSpeed>AirSpeed>FuelRegeneration>Armor)
Ability: G2 Poweshot
Slightly weaker version of G1 Sharpshooter's ability, but while it is active, shots can penetrate shields (like charged breacher)
Right weapon:
KE-Sabot G2ss
Left weapons:
1: Slug rifle G2ss
Maybe more power and longer reload time.
2: Breacher G2ss
Uncharged shot should have narrower spread and longer effective range than standard version
3: HEAT Cannon G2ss
In accordance to the proposed gimmick, this version of the HEAT should have an increased reload time and, to compensate, either increased damage or a larger explosion radius.

Edited by BIsmuthZornisse, August 21 2014 - 03:14 AM.

My big list of suggestions: (Warning: Contains lots of text)
https://community.pl...-fixing-things/

#2 Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted July 23 2014 - 06:39 AM

those colors hurt my eyes

Posted Image

Spoiler

#3 SparkyJJC

SparkyJJC

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationThe country of tea and crumpets

Posted July 23 2014 - 06:46 AM

I came for suggestions. I got a rainbow.
Posted Image

#4 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted July 23 2014 - 06:58 AM

I can't read it bro!  Hurts my eyes. :c

#5 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted July 23 2014 - 07:14 AM

Make the colors lighter, and make your suggestions shorter, believe me, no dev will read that, not even in 1000 years.

Posted Image

#6 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted July 23 2014 - 07:20 AM

I like the idea of a Flak-Hellfire combo...
I`ll fix it later.

#7 BIsmuthZornisse

BIsmuthZornisse

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted July 23 2014 - 07:26 AM

Changed colors of the text, is it better now_
I could read the original colors just fine. I guess my eyes are weird.

@EliteShooter
I hope a dev at least reads the ones marked as "urgent" (since that is the entire of marking them as such). The devs can take their time reading these, i'm not expecting a reply from them within this day, especially since they are busy with database migration or something.

#8 Z3roCool007

Z3roCool007

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in you're room.

Posted July 23 2014 - 08:39 AM

TL;DR Rainbow crack
Posted Image

Now I know we can never be friends

-EliteShooter

#9 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationEmpire of the Sun

Posted July 23 2014 - 09:50 AM

I read most of it.  I'll probably read the rest later.  You spend a lot of time thinking of the game and how to make it better.  The Hawken community should be more grateful of your suggestions.

I have not doubt the Dev's will read this and take your suggestions in to consideration.  Its a hundred times better that the Fluffy Troll P O O P that gets dropped here more often then not.

Edited by BurnsHot, July 23 2014 - 09:51 AM.

#10 caduceus26

caduceus26

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted July 23 2014 - 11:36 AM

tl;dr all

I got through some of it but it is way too long and the colors make reading it even more difficult.  If you can figure a way to condense it to something more manageable for general consumption you'll probably get a lot more feedback.  The detailed specs can be saved for the devs.

Or as an alternative you might want to consider breaking this up and posting in several smaller pieces so that it is easier to digest.

Just a suggestion.
ASUS P9X79LE /i7-3820 3.6 (OC 4.7) /Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooling /16 Gb RAM /Dual-SLI EVGA 670 2 Gb Sig II /Antec 850 PSU /Antec 1200 Black Steel Tower
MaddMaxx (Zerker) / Silent Knight (Infil) / BurnYa (Scout) / Scythe (Reaper) / S0ckd0lag3r (Aslt) / PopOff (SS) / Bluto (Bruiser) / xXRoadRageXx (CR-T) / ShiftySwifty (Raider+G2) / PatchUp (Tech) / Krusher (Brawler) / Seekin' Ya'! (Rocketeer) / Doughboy (Vngrd) / FireFly (Incin)

#11 camtheking20

camtheking20

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted July 23 2014 - 03:58 PM

My i's its like a fuzzy bunny pride prade

How is homosexual a bad word!_

#12 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted July 23 2014 - 05:02 PM

View Postcaduceus26, on July 23 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

*snip*

Just a suggestion.
Suggestion-ception

#13 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted July 24 2014 - 04:25 AM

View PostEliteShooter, on July 23 2014 - 07:14 AM, said:

Make the colors lighter, and make your suggestions shorter, believe me, no dev will read that, not even in 1000 years.

I agree with the colours but if the devs are not reqding this simply because it's too long then this guy is obviously making more effort than the devs.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#14 BIsmuthZornisse

BIsmuthZornisse

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted July 24 2014 - 05:06 AM

Further modified the colors (maybe the background for typing the text should be identical to that of the actual post so that the lighter clors aren't difficult/impossible to read; sorry for liking colors, i guess) and made amendments to the suggestions for reporting bugs/players and the G2 Sharpshooter.
Regarding the length of my opening post, i have, in addition to THIS list, two other lists (one for new mechs, items, cosmetics, maps etc., and one for new drones including bosses with attack patterns for bot destruction) that, when finished (which is gonna take quite a while, especially the botdestruction one), may equal or even exceed the length of this one. If i posted each section seperatedly, i'd probably end up horribly clogging this suggestion board, drowning out other peoples ideas, which i'd like to not happen.
I guess i just can't help being full of ideas, sorry.

Not to sound rude, but can i please have more opinions on my suggestions and less of posts consisting only of "too much colors/post is too long"_ You don't have to read EVERYTHING if you're not the devs. Alternatively, you can take your time reading it all, i can wait.

Edited by BIsmuthZornisse, July 24 2014 - 05:16 AM.

#15 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationEmpire of the Sun

Posted July 24 2014 - 06:04 AM

View PostBIsmuthZornisse, on July 24 2014 - 05:06 AM, said:

Siege:
The engine of the ship should be invulnerable to playerfire until it is one aa-missile away from death. (give it some kind of barrier visual effect or something)
This is meant to prevent players from trying to kill the ship instead of taking the aa.
Change the damage output of the ship as follows: Main ship deals 4dps, each turret deals 3dps, for a combined 10 damage per second to the base.
With this change, there might actually be a point to shooting the ship's turrets! (I know it's a relic from a time when the ship used to shoot the enemies too)
The eu requirements below the base health should turn red once it is 100 or below.
That way, people might know when to go to the aa.
The base must have a bullet proof shield (similiar to the item) that extends up to the cut-off point for the base turrets
This way, the team can have a chance to approach the anti-air silo without being "baseraped".
The HUD should always show how many players of either team are at the anti-air silo, even when no ship is airborne.
This way I can tell if the enemy is already at aa, and thus not deliver eu to launch a doomed ship!

I think the core problem is the frustration of new players NOT knowing how to play the mode, NOT the mode itself.  It will take a few (a lot of)games for a new player to pick up on when to get eu and when to take the AA.  Adding your coop bot mode for Siege sounds like a good idea for a training mode, but make it a condensed or cripple version of Siege.  Maybe allow for only one or two wave of ships then the mode ends.  Basically we need to get the New pilots trained and into the REAL fight as fast as possible not create a pseudo version of Siege.

Most of this has been discussed a thousand times over, so I'm probably repeating it, but I don't think that preventing players from shooting the ship until it is one AA missile from death is the solution.  Often you will find that the weaker team does try for the AA but can never take control of it and before you know it the Ship with practically full health is parked right on top of your base.  With no hope of taking the AA, the team SHOULD shoot the ship.  I can't imagine standing in base because we are too weak to take the AA and just waiting till the Ship had one HP bar left before players can begin shooting at it.

Again if the player is shooting the ship at the wrong time it is because he is bad at playing the Mode not that the Mode is bad.  Life is: You live and you learn.  If I do something and it causes me to lose, do I really have to be a genius to figure out that what I did was bad and maybe next time don't repeat my same mistakes.

Maybe next time I shouldn't shoot the ship while the rest of my team is fighting at the AA, or if 2 of my team is shooting the ship and it is parked on top of our base with 2 bars HP left, well maybe I should just shoot the ship instead of dying alone at the AA.  This all comes with experience.  We vets just have to be patent with New players and help them with kind words of advise when appropriate.  New players are just going to mute you or ignore you if you start yelling at them.

I don't like the base shields Idea.  Instead of putting up a Huge shield how about moving the Base Turrets out just a little further.  Base r ape still occurs but I think its more of how the map is designed. Some maps have choke points were the enemy can effectively push you back into your base. On Last Eco, although it does have an exit in the back of the base for flanking, players forget to use it.

My one gripe about Siege is the fact that if a Team is dominating and has control of the AA.  It is too easy for them to launch their next ship.  Its a terrible feeling to be on the losing team when your team just can't take the AA and their Ship is finally destroyed only to have the enemy launch again in less than 30 seconds.

How about the team who has their ship launched can not collect EU from the EU Tree or from players.  Only after their ship goes down does it allow that team to begin collecting again.  The opposing team has no restrictions on collection.

Otherwise, I like the Mode the way it is.

Edited by BurnsHot, July 24 2014 - 06:10 AM.

#16 Hell_Diguner

Hell_Diguner

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted July 25 2014 - 08:04 PM

View PostBurnsHot, on July 23 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

Its a hundred times better that the Fluffy Troll P O O P that gets dropped here more often then not.

*cough* hehe*~erm, sorry I just.....
Spoiler

I'll give a proper response later ^_^
Frikkin' wall of text ¬_¬ There's a reason people usually don't write long articles in forums. Others aren't likely to read what isn't condensed into as few words as possible. Truth be told, the english language is far from dieing out. Memes and one-liners are like easier to compose poetry that express complex ideas in few words. Brevity is the soul of wit.

#17 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted July 25 2014 - 10:19 PM

View PostBurnsHot, on July 24 2014 - 06:04 AM, said:

*snip*

This. There is so much more to Siege than what the tutorial tells you or what you even learn in your first 20 games. I win about 75% of my Siege matches these days and I only just learned yesterday that the AA is faster at destroying the ship only for the first 3 launches than a dedicated firing squad.

#18 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted July 25 2014 - 10:39 PM

while I agree that there is more than the tutorials tells you about siege and other game modes,i believe the objectives that are shown at the starting screen before the match,the problem is that some players don't follow that.The perfect example is TDM when u hear every few mins "we must stay together to win",honestly what else should the devs do_Imo I think all the objectives are very clear,we lack of some detailed info yes,but that's not the point.Brain people,just use your brain!

Edited by Odinous, July 25 2014 - 10:41 PM.

#19 Hell_Diguner

Hell_Diguner

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted July 26 2014 - 05:40 PM

View PostAmidatelion, on July 25 2014 - 10:19 PM, said:

*snip*

This. There is so much more to Siege than what the tutorial tells you or what you even learn in your first 20 games. I win about 75% of my Siege matches these days and I only just learned yesterday that the AA is faster at destroying the ship only for the first 3 launches than a dedicated firing squad.
You have it backwards. Every launch the ship has more health. The first two or three launches your team can fairly easily kill it by directly shooting the engines. From then on, AA control becomes increasingly important, as it can do a LOT more dps than your puny mech weapons.

#20 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted July 26 2014 - 08:56 PM

View PostHell_Diguner, on July 26 2014 - 05:40 PM, said:

View PostAmidatelion, on July 25 2014 - 10:19 PM, said:

*snip*

You have it backwards. Every launch the ship has more health. The first two or three launches your team can fairly easily kill it by directly shooting the engines. From then on, AA control becomes increasingly important, as it can do a LOT more dps than your puny mech weapons.

D'oh, yeah that's what I meant. That'll not teach me to write while at work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users