HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Suggestion for G2-RAIDER

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 marcin107

marcin107

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted July 30 2014 - 03:47 AM

Hi,
I just bought G2-RAIDER. My expections were:
- "Oh it must be cool, because you can buy him when you are 6 with RAIDER",
- "He must be pretty boosted", etc.
So without hesitation i bought him and i got really dissapointed.
What was making G1-Raider cool_ His mobility. He was pretty fast, so he could come closer and fight. The G2 version is a sloow tank with even weaker guns. Primery weapon(only one avaible to buy) is a weak and slow shotgun. The secondary weapon is the same as G1's... Oh wait, it's not! The name is Corsair-kla XT instead of  Corsair-kla!

Don't fool ourselves. In my opinion you screwed up the G2-version of RAIDER, if you don't think so, then i'm sorry about it.
If you want to do something about that, change his weapons! They are too slow and definitely too weak! One more important thing: When you're making tank type of mech, a "Double-speed" ability won't help, so you are loosing the idea i think, because even the name of mech tells us that is RAIDER.

I'm sorry if i wrote something wrong in english.
greetings

#2 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted July 30 2014 - 04:13 AM

The ideology of G2`s are in general screwed up.
I`ll fix it later.

#3 marcin107

marcin107

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted July 30 2014 - 04:35 AM

G2 pretty makes sense, because you must get the 6lvl and then you still got something further, so it's not boring but it's encouraging people to get the max lvl of mech. The only thing that breaks everything is that the G2 mechs are made wrong.

Edited by marcin107, July 30 2014 - 04:35 AM.

#4 RozerMahbub_

RozerMahbub_

fishy scout

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • LocationTorino,To-10125 ,italy

Posted July 30 2014 - 05:20 AM

its tooooo slowwwww -_-

Posted Image

I DON'T CARE

i want to tell you a true story , once upon a time everyone was a perfect pure NOOB ^_^

#5 Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationBeing a Turnip.

Posted July 30 2014 - 05:25 AM

I agree with pretty much what you're saying, but the Corsair KLA-XT is actually a different weapon, technically.
It has a lower ROF but more burst damage. With a fully charged T-32 BOLT-XT and a KLA-XT in "Shotgun mode" you can one-shot a technician :D

Also,the devs have said that G2's are meant for fun, not actual functionality. However, the G2 Assault does both quite well, in my opinion :)
Posted ImageWhoever said Turnips couldn't play Video Games was wrong. Probably.
Spoiler

#6 marcin107

marcin107

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted July 30 2014 - 05:34 AM

@Miscellaneous but from what range_ And try to shoot those little flying bastards :P

I think G2-Raider should have the model changed because when i see this actual model the only think that comes to my mind is Tank!(slow, low accuracy)
G2-Raider should be at least as fast as G1, with changed ability.
Where are the other 2 primary weapons_

Oh getting back to our mech models: Are you, the game creators really have no ideas for mech models_ They are all look pretty the same_ If you got some problems with this, you still got your players who have plenty of ideas, u just need to ask.
The strong side of the game is PhysX(High settings only for nvidia) why don't you take advantage of it and make a mech with flamethrower or something where the effects are beautiful_

Edited by marcin107, July 30 2014 - 05:37 AM.

#7 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted July 30 2014 - 07:26 AM

G2s are not made wrong. Your expectations were just off. Devs said long ago that G2s are meant to be novelty mechs for unique play styles, not OP monsters meant to dominate the field better than their "G1" counterparts.

Posted Image

#8 marcin107

marcin107

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted July 30 2014 - 10:20 AM

@nokari Imagine that you have a phone Galaxy Stars 2. When the Galaxy Stars 3 will be released so what would you expect from it to be_ Better_ Or something completely different_

Edited by marcin107, July 30 2014 - 10:23 AM.

#9 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted July 30 2014 - 10:35 AM

View Postmarcin107, on July 30 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:

@nokari Imagine that you have a phone Galaxy Stars 2. When the Galaxy Stars 3 will be released so what would you expect from it to be_ Better_ Or something completely different_
.... These are very different things. A phone's technology improves in real time. A game designer doesn't implement greater levels of virtual technology in the same (multiplayer) game. That's called, at best, game imbalance, and at worst, pay to win.
Like nokari said-your expectations are off.
Furthermore, the G2 Raider is actually almost the same exact mech as the regular raider, just with some different stats (health, speed, ability recharge, fuel consumption). Same (though slightly tweaked) weapons, same ability. The different stats require you to adopt a different playstyle.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, July 30 2014 - 10:47 AM.

Posted Image

#10 marcin107

marcin107

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted July 30 2014 - 10:45 AM

I was thinking something like: When you buy a smartphone in first edition, it shouldn't level up to tablet in second edition.
I see Raider so it's like G1-Raider and G2-Raider, so for me it is a bit misleading, when suddenly you become a slow tanky mech, after you were pretty fast.
I don't know how you guys, but i got caught on it and now i'm just a bit miserable. No hard feelings.

#11 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted July 30 2014 - 10:46 AM

To be completely honest, they shouldn't have called the G2 line of mechs 'G2'.  G2 (aka Generation 2) makes people believe this line would be better and improved compared to the previous generation of mechs.  They should have named them something else.  For example, instead of G2 Assault, it should be called Assault X2 Custom or something of the sort.

#12 marcin107

marcin107

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted July 30 2014 - 10:57 AM

@Hijinks_The_Turtle
The name Assault X2 Custom would make me belive that his skin would be changed(Custom), the generation would be the second(X2) and the same series, which is Assault, so it wouldn't make the situation better for me :P
But i'm glad that you also think in that way.

Edited by marcin107, July 30 2014 - 10:58 AM.

#13 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted July 30 2014 - 11:06 AM

View Postmarcin107, on July 30 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

@Hijinks_The_Turtle
The name Assault X2 Custom would make me belive that his skin would be changed(Custom), the generation would be the second(X2) and the same series, which is Assault, so it wouldn't make the situation better for me :P
But i'm glad that you also think in that way.

As I said...

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on July 30 2014 - 10:46 AM, said:

They should have named them something else.  For example, instead of G2 Assault, it should be called Assault X2 Custom or something of the sort.

:D

#14 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted July 30 2014 - 11:08 AM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on July 30 2014 - 10:46 AM, said:

To be completely honest, they shouldn't have called the G2 line of mechs 'G2'.  G2 (aka Generation 2) makes people believe this line would be better and improved compared to the previous generation of mechs.  They should have named them something else.  For example, instead of G2 Assault, it should be called Assault X2 Custom or something of the sort.
That's actually true. I suppose since I've been here a little while that was sort of lost on me, and just became an identifier rather than a word with any meaning. That being said, whenever possible, the devs do make it clear that they are not an upgrade, rather a different variant of the initial mech, though it would be uncommon for someone to start out knowing that.
Posted Image

#15 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted July 30 2014 - 11:21 AM

well, first off.  making a g2 mech better is both pay to win and vertical progression.  both things, the devs are trying strongly to avoid (why they got rid of tweaking).  also, I find the g2 raider is a fairly different playstyle compared to the g1 raider being slower and all.  it's not an easy mech to use. (nor is the raider)

#16 marcin107

marcin107

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted July 30 2014 - 11:32 AM

Can't the creators just focus on making new mechs, with other names, skins(there are a lot of "tanky" mechs with the shields) and some other guns not like a grenade launcher and gun with ammo.(silently suggest something like a flamethrower)

I think that the creators are just a bit lazy(especially with the mechs' model(skin)) ;)

#17 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted July 30 2014 - 12:14 PM

View Postmarcin107, on July 30 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:

You're still not getting it. A Galaxy S3 is promised to be improved over the S2. The G2 mechs are NOT promised to be better than G1s, just different. Again, they have always been qualified as novelty mechs.

Edited by nokari, July 30 2014 - 12:14 PM.

Posted Image

#18 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted July 30 2014 - 12:16 PM

View Postmarcin107, on July 30 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

Can't the creators just focus on making new mechs, with other names, skins(there are a lot of "tanky" mechs with the shields) and some other guns not like a grenade launcher and gun with ammo.(silently suggest something like a flamethrower)

I think that the creators are just a bit lazy(especially with the mechs' model(skin)) ;)
I understand you're trying to avoid inflaming this subject.. but that isn't the way to go about it. I am under the assumption that you have 0-5% of an idea of how a game company or a business works. I'm not saying I'm 100%, or even 50%, but I do know that at any given time, barring very specific, large issues, they have two teams of developers working on entirely new mechs. These teams are not where the G2 variants come from. The G2 variants are comparatively easy ways for the devs to come out with new content to keep people busy, as well as a reasonable source of income. They are balanced and refined as they develop the game.
The G2 Assault was very underpowered when it came out, and is now a reasonable mech to play in many situations. The G2 Raider will likely be the same. They prefer to undershoot initially in a game where things are already finely tuned, than risk creating a game breaking mech and have to rush to put out an update just to nerf it-and nerf it to oblivion just to be safe. It just puts them back a step, and creates community outcry.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, July 30 2014 - 12:16 PM.

Posted Image

#19 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted July 30 2014 - 12:23 PM

Just wait, a new mech is coming, possibly in its own class.  SIEGE TANK!  SIEGE TANK!  SIEGE TANK!  SIEGE TANK!

P.S.  don't feed the troll...

#20 marcin107

marcin107

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted July 30 2014 - 01:17 PM

I am under the assumption that you have 0-5% of an idea of how a game company or a business works.
Maybe you are right. My point of view is like a normal player. One day i want to help developing games probably in some programming way, but that won't be so soon yet ^^.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users