HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Adjust the Breacher's Charge up Sound_

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted August 04 2014 - 05:17 PM

The Breacher is a pretty neat weapon. It's both the mother of all shotguns, and a mini slug rifle.

However, I find a problem with its charge up sound. I've no problem with how loud it is-- rather, I dislike that the weapon 'clicks' but a split second before it has fully charged. This has lead to me firing off a great many flak shots when I don't require them.

Learn to play_ Watch your charge meter_ Get good_ I try. However, this fix-- to make it so the Breacher does not click until it is fully charged --is but a simple, quality of life adjustment.

As I so often like to end my topics: Thoughts_

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#2 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted August 04 2014 - 11:20 PM

Well you are denying my suggestion about hitscan so I will do the same:

Just because YOU can't play with it, why does someone need to change the sound_ Maybe others who got used to the sounds are then confused and misshot too.

There is no problem with the sound, in fact, you are the first one who complains about this.

Good Morning :D

PS: This is no offense to you in person, but a revenge for my hitscan topic :P Nothing more haha

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#3 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted August 05 2014 - 12:41 AM

I don't care really lol

#4 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted August 05 2014 - 06:12 AM

View PostFakeName, on August 04 2014 - 11:20 PM, said:

Just because YOU can't play with it, why does someone need to change the sound_ Maybe others who got used to the sounds are then confused and misshot too.

There is no problem with the sound, in fact, you are the first one who complains about this.

PS: This is no offense to you in person, but a revenge for my hitscan topic :P Nothing more haha

I salute your maturity.

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

#5 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted August 05 2014 - 07:30 AM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on August 05 2014 - 06:12 AM, said:

View PostFakeName, on August 04 2014 - 11:20 PM, said:

I salute your maturity.

This is not honest, god damn. Do I have to say everything clear like we have to do it with little 6 years old kids_

Man I salute your maturity and abillity to recognize irony.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#6 mmm_yep

mmm_yep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted August 07 2014 - 12:49 PM

This is probably a good thing, actually. Apparently everything up to the point of being fully charged will do the full 144 damage but still tightens the spread of projectiles depending on how long you hold it down. As soon as it's fully charged, you'll do the reduced damage with the "slug" shot. So I would say the ideal firing time with the Breacher at mid range is just before it gets fully charged; you'll get max damage and max reduced spread.

#7 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted August 07 2014 - 02:51 PM

View Postmmm_yep, on August 07 2014 - 12:49 PM, said:

This is probably a good thing, actually. Apparently everything up to the point of being fully charged will do the full 144 damage but still tightens the spread of projectiles depending on how long you hold it down. As soon as it's fully charged, you'll do the reduced damage with the "slug" shot. So I would say the ideal firing time with the Breacher at mid range is just before it gets fully charged; you'll get max damage and max reduced spread.

I would vehemently argue against that. Waiting a split second longer removes 44 damage from your shot, but it also gives you a noticeably faster reload.

As well, you may not get max damage at midrange. Missing two spikes is all it would take for your half charge to be a definite liability.

Consistent, accurate damage is the much better option in most midrange scenarios while using the Breacher.

#8 mmm_yep

mmm_yep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted August 07 2014 - 03:20 PM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on August 07 2014 - 02:51 PM, said:

View Postmmm_yep, on August 07 2014 - 12:49 PM, said:

I would vehemently argue against that. Waiting a split second longer removes 44 damage from your shot, but it also gives you a noticeably faster reload.

As well, you may not get max damage at midrange. Missing two spikes is all it would take for your half charge to be a definite liability.

Consistent, accurate damage is the much better option in most midrange scenarios while using the Breacher.
That's s fair argument. I have nothing more to say except that the slightly off Breacher sound is not as bad as the very off animation of the Raider's Corsair. :P

Edited by mmm_yep, August 07 2014 - 03:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users