HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Elite Skin/Model Customization Limitations

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 BlindFireBarry

BlindFireBarry

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted August 08 2014 - 09:11 AM

So far I've only had one problem with the skin customization system. I'd been looking forward to getting my elite Fred/CR-T up to mech rank 5 because I love the little tuna can shaped torso but when I got it I found that I couldn't change any of the trim or the over all colors of the mech. I'd love to be able to actually use the camo pattern I unlocked at rank 6 on the little guy but as its set up I'm unable to do so. Something tells me I'm not the only one who'd appreciate this being rectified.
Your KDR is meaningless & your score is irrelevant. All that matters is the team. The team is life, the team is victory.

#2 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted August 08 2014 - 12:41 PM

It's not a problem, so don't say rectified. And this also has been talked about many times, but the Elite Parts and the custom parts are there for only one reason: A specific look. The Elite parts are to show your prestige, though by how the system works, anyone can have that prestige. The custom parts are to just appeal to the user's desire for something other than colors and camos.

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#3 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Defender of Pork Products

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationUsually hanging out in #spawn

Posted August 08 2014 - 01:29 PM

Actually, I brought up this point as well when they were introduced and asked for the ability to change the trim and apply camos as well.

For most of the parts, the elite skins are just that, colour and design changes, but the ones for fred are more, so...  :)

(I don't mean to necro threads, I'm just almost always running behind.  My apologies)

Posted ImageFollower of Wheaton's Law, #spawn camper, test dummy for science, and being one of "those guys" <3

Youtube: thebaconavenger - Twitch/Twitter: bacon_avenger

System specs: i5 2500k // Asus P8Z68-V // eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked // 16 GB 1600 DDR3
New to siege_  Give Bacon's Guide to Siege Mode a watch

#4 Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted August 08 2014 - 01:55 PM

The problem with that is if they do it for the Fred, they have to do it for all the other mechs too. Only Fred's prestige has a whole new chassis. The rest are just reskins, not much different from paintjobs. Allowing that customization would undermine their purpose.
Posted Image

#5 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted August 08 2014 - 06:14 PM

Primarily, Elite Chassis was the only user customization "bling" option for all of the mechs (besides the stripes, & outside of CA and CB exclusive skins) for a long, long time after OB started, and was bound into the code likely as a body/chassis option only, as it still is now.
So, this places it in a completely different category on Fred, as it is for all Custom chassis mod selections, for some reason, and I am reasonable sure that's just where it'll stay: in the chassis customization area with the monkey, elephant (sorry, but you're NOT gonna get yer Pink Elephant.), nemesis, etc, and seperate from camos, colors & designs fer evah & evah widdout end.
:)

Edited by EM1O, August 08 2014 - 06:24 PM.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#6 KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Locationsaving money..

Posted August 08 2014 - 06:22 PM

if you look closely, when you enable skins on elite parts, it slightly changes
Posted Image

#7 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted August 08 2014 - 08:12 PM

Only thing i dislike about elite parts is aside from the colour change, barely anything else changes.  What I'm saying is, we need more elite chassis like fred where the entire look changes.

#8 BlindFireBarry

BlindFireBarry

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted August 09 2014 - 10:02 AM

@IronClamp: I'll admit you are right about my wording. Its not so much a problem as it is something I'd like to see changed.

@EM10: That was both enlightening and disappointing. Thank you.

@Infyrno: You my friend may be on to something. Still that'd likely mean a lot of work for the modeling guys that they may not have time for right now.
Your KDR is meaningless & your score is irrelevant. All that matters is the team. The team is life, the team is victory.

#9 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted August 09 2014 - 01:02 PM

View PostBlindFireBarry, on August 09 2014 - 10:02 AM, said:

@IronClamp: I'll admit you are right about my wording. Its not so much a problem as it is something I'd like to see changed.

@EM10: That was both enlightening and disappointing. Thank you.

@Infyrno: You my friend may be on to something. Still that'd likely mean a lot of work for the modeling guys that they may not have time for right now.
True, they do have to set their priorities.  Also, instead of saying "@username", on the bottom right of their post, there's a button that say "quote". Just press that next time instead ;)

#10 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted August 10 2014 - 04:00 PM

I'm sorry to be so terse in my original post, but I was rushed. Anyways, the alternate chasis were not mean't to be edited, they were just put in so that people would spend money to look cool while 1) they got stomped or 2) beat the living fuzzy bunny out of the enemy team.

#11 DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationCanada, Eh_

Posted August 10 2014 - 06:57 PM

I'm not sure about allowing full camos on elite parts since they have a specific look that they're each aiming for, but trim lines could be nice to add to them.

For camos, maybe just have smaller areas on the parts that the camos are applied to, not the whole thing. I think this could open up possibilities for some cool designs, but I know it wouldn't be a very high priority anyway, so meh.

#12 BlindFireBarry

BlindFireBarry

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 07:53 AM

View PostInfyrno, on August 09 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

True, they do have to set their priorities.  Also, instead of saying "@username", on the bottom right of their post, there's a button that say "quote". Just press that next time instead ;)
Thanks.

View PostIronClamp, on August 10 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

I'm sorry to be so terse in my original post, but I was rushed. Anyways, the alternate chassis were not meant to be edited, they were just put in so that people would spend money to look cool while 1) they got stomped or 2) beat the living fuzzy bunny out of the enemy team.
Its cool. I wasn't upset by it.

Also could someone please explain the whole "fuzzy bunny" thing. I think my n00bishness is showing.

#13 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 01:42 PM

Fuzzy bunny: everything and anything considered offensive by the forum censorship software (such as fuzzy bunny, fuzzy bunny, fuzzy bunny, but not ass).

#14 BlindFireBarry

BlindFireBarry

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 05:08 PM

View PostIronClamp, on August 11 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

Fuzzy bunny: everything and anything considered offensive by the forum censorship software (such as fuzzy bunny, fuzzy bunny, fuzzy bunny, but not ass).

Ah, thank you. Now back to the matter at hand... Which we seem to have wrapped up rather well for the time being.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users