HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Been playing Mech games since 1986 - Huge fan of MSTK3, Underground Hip Hop & Industrial Music

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 DigitalJoyDivision

DigitalJoyDivision

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted August 10 2014 - 08:53 PM

Hi All!

New here. Just looking to find a group of people that play regularly. I am in the process of building my PC and should be done by next weekend. I've been wanting to play Hawken since it was first previewed a few years back. Super excited to finally get the chance to play it! The visuals remind me of a lot Akira.

I am also interested in Playing Titanfall (One, 360 & PC – Have all 3 versions) and Mech Warrior Online once my PC is up and running.

Hopefully my subject title gives a little more insight on the stuff I'm into.  

Side note! Ive been working on a “War” Hip hop Play list to play Hawken with. I’m also working on a 90s Industrial (NIN, Filter, Stabbing Westward, Tool, Vast Etc.) Playlist as well!

http://www.youtube.c...ywKZwrA1gQ-j67W

Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks guys! Look forward to playing with you all.

#2 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted August 10 2014 - 09:56 PM

i hope he knows to look for the small print.... heh.

uh, was that supposed to be MST3K_
i'm an old Outer Limits, Twilight Zone, One Step Beyond, etc. fan too. (yeah, i'm that old). And Tripping the Rift.

and Hip Hop is what my great grand daughter does barefoot on a 100deg day. i prefer DnB.
welcome aboard the Hawken!
:D

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#3 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted August 10 2014 - 10:29 PM

View PostEM1O, on August 10 2014 - 09:56 PM, said:

i hope he knows to look for the small print.... heh.

uh, was that supposed to be MST3K_
i'm an old Outer Limits, Twilight Zone, One Step Beyond, etc. fan too. (yeah, i'm that old). And Tripping the Rift.

and Hip Hop is what my great grand daughter does barefoot on a 100deg day. i prefer DnB.
welcome aboard the Hawken!
:D
Dude you're like 75 lol.  U got grandkids and stuff.  Plus, you're the most american man i've ever met on the forums, +1

Also, WELCOME TO ZE GAME. Plz add me so we can be friends forever

#4 luxebo

luxebo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted August 10 2014 - 10:46 PM

View PostDigitalJoyDivision, on August 10 2014 - 08:53 PM, said:

Hi All!

New here. Just looking to find a group of people that play regularly. I am in the process of building my PC and should be done by next weekend. I've been wanting to play Hawken since it was first previewed a few years back. Super excited to finally get the chance to play it! The visuals remind me of a lot Akira.

I am also interested in Playing Titanfall (One, 360 & PC – Have all 3 versions) and Mech Warrior Online once my PC is up and running.

Hopefully my subject title gives a little more insight on the stuff I'm into.  

Side note! Ive been working on a “War” Hip hop Play list to play Hawken with. I’m also working on a 90s Industrial (NIN, Filter, Stabbing Westward, Tool, Vast Etc.) Playlist as well!

http://www.youtube.c...ywKZwrA1gQ-j67W

Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks guys! Look forward to playing with you all.
Welcome to the game! I know for a fact both Mechwarrior Online and Hawken are worth giving a try, but remember the huge difference in gameplay.

Remember that Hawken iirc requires the same if not more than Mechwarrior Online's amount of hardware advancements and computer processor and graphics. Titanfall is neat, though I don't play that very much. I'm not much of a music guy, while sometimes during MWO I may flip on some old-school MW2-3-4-Living Legends soundtrack (the 90's), I usually just go with the flow since it's better in concentration and it doesn't lag my computer quite as much. You definitely should hop on to MWO as they are releasing Community Warfare soon (but if you aren't familiar with battletech well you can't quite apprehend and understand that lore aspect.) Hawken while people play it quite often, I question how long it might be before we would see another giant update.

So TL;DR welcome to both Hawken and MWO!

#5 DaPheel

DaPheel

EXPLOSIONS_

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted August 11 2014 - 12:31 AM

View PostDigitalJoyDivision, on August 10 2014 - 08:53 PM, said:

NIN, Filter, Stabbing Westward, Tool, Vast

I approve of this message, you may stay........ :lol:
Posted Image"OFFICIAL SHIELD BEARER"
Spoiler

#6 crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationWest Coast Best Coast

Posted August 11 2014 - 01:37 AM

Add me! Same username (obviously) in game.

Now about that underground hip-hop.... I know he's pretty hipster, but what do you think of Watsky_ I love some of his stuff, but some of it is plain weird. Same with Childish Gambino lol

EDIT: Or add my drunk smurf, awwyiess. But that is my account for drunkeness, so.... Be warned
Also 1986 for your first mech game_ Damn, maybe I'm asking about hip hop that's too recent lol

Edited by crockrocket, August 11 2014 - 01:39 AM.

Signing on the dotted line

#7 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted August 11 2014 - 04:46 AM

Good stuff pal, welcome to the forums of this mechtastic game!

#8 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted August 11 2014 - 11:57 AM

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on August 11 2014 - 04:46 AM, said:

bad pun detected :P

#9 Wi2P

Wi2P

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Location.. Recalculating ..

Posted August 12 2014 - 02:50 PM

Welcome to the Hawken, Pilot!

Enjoy your stay. :)

Music tip: Two Steps from Hell, Invincible Album. (Fight music in epic proportions!)

Edited by Wi2P, August 12 2014 - 02:55 PM.

#10 Wi2P

Wi2P

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Location.. Recalculating ..

Posted August 12 2014 - 02:56 PM

View PostInfyrno, on August 11 2014 - 11:57 AM, said:

View PostHijinks_The_Turtle, on August 11 2014 - 04:46 AM, said:

bad pun detected :P

*Beep boop, beep*

#11 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted August 12 2014 - 09:48 PM

http://m.youtube.com...h_v=3qpcyJ-nse0
Mobile link. Hopefully will work on desktop. Uncommon valor by Jedi mind tricks.

Might not be the sort of war you're looking for.
Welcome.
Check out TAW.net if you're going to stay a while. We play together all the time, have practices at least twice a week, host public events, and are generally good company. It's a good way to familiarize yourself with the game.
Also, good luck on your build. I absolutely love seeing a fresh PC boot up for the first time. (Especially with an SSD.)

Edited by ticklemyiguana, August 12 2014 - 09:51 PM.

Posted Image

#12 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted August 17 2014 - 05:15 PM

WELCOME FRESH MEAT- I mean... FELLOW PILOT!!!!

Lol, in all seriousness, welcome to Hawken. If you ever need help, don't hesitate to click my sig. I've got quite a few videos up that should help new players get used to the game. I'm adding more so be sure to check it out.

Also, recently I haven't been playing as consistently, but don't worry. In the near future, I'll be able to play Hawken for like 4 hours a day like I used to.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

#13 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted August 18 2014 - 07:49 PM

WooHaa!
BTW: spend 10 minutes on the Co-op TDM, too!
You'll jack your Win Bonus for the day, and boost the MMR level for the practice.
I camp out there, practice, and encourage a lot of noobs, and some folks that aren't too sure this is what they want on their computer.
Help is needed here to give folks the Boom! for Hawken that they were looking for!
Welcome, again! :)

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users