HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Corrosive Mist mech

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Gootintag213

Gootintag213

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted August 16 2014 - 09:02 AM

Hey everyone, not sure if this is where this goes, but anyway I think an interesting mech idea would be one that has maybe like a gas launching weapon that leaves behind a mist that corrodes enemy armor over time. Or another idea would be to give this mech a flamethrower type weapon but it sprays the mist. I just want a mech that will allow me to hit an enemy and have them continue to take DOT. I'm not sure how the weapons would work, or what primaries would compliment this playstyle best. Maybe some EOC action to lay some sweet traps if you had a gas launcher_ Gas 'em then lead them into your mines. But yea who else would like to see this type of mech_ I think it's interesting and would be a unique new mech to add to the family.

#2 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted August 16 2014 - 09:20 AM

Yes! This is the correct place to post this. First a side note, if you're over twenty one, I sincerely recommend ordering some Smoke and Dagger Black Lager (if beer is your thing) next time you're about. The brewery is Jack's Abbey, located in Framingham outside of Boston. Is delicious.

On to the suggestion, as a support or area denial mech, I do indeed like the idea. It's similar to the idea of a mine, except a little larger- and hopefully with much less burst potential. I feel there are ways that this could be certainly balanced, but I know there are some people on here who will disagree, and in fact may be able to shed some light on that. One possible thing to watch out for is the fact that unless the duration of this mist was very short, (EOC repeater times or less) then it possesses a huge potential for spamming the weapon, and making things pretty unfortunate. Also, a couple of these mechs (if the effect stacked by concentration of the mist- which I think is appropriate) could shut down lanes in siege like nothing else.

It's a great idea (probably won't be implemented though, just a heads up, the devs produce mechs pretty slowly, and they have a lot of ideas to choose from) but it would need some tweaking and further definition to be considered a balanced weapon.
Posted Image

#3 SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Spaceman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationDropped on Illal

Posted August 16 2014 - 09:24 AM

Could be interesting. Would really need to be balanced carefully. Friendly fire could be an issue as well. As a side-note, it would be pretty swagtastic if the mist was effected by axes boosting through it. Like someone boosted through the cloud, and it trailed out in the direction of the boost. Ya know, like waving your hand through smoke.

Posted Image

To be chill, drink warm tea. You paradoxical madman. -TwentyFirstPilot

#4 SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Spaceman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationDropped on Illal

Posted August 16 2014 - 09:27 AM

View Postticklemyiguana, on August 16 2014 - 09:20 AM, said:

... the duration of this mist was very short, (EOC repeater times or less) then it possesses a huge potential for spamming the weapon, and making things pretty unfortunate.

Maybe this plus a firing rate similar to Hellfires (stupidly slow) would help keep things clear.

Posted Image

To be chill, drink warm tea. You paradoxical madman. -TwentyFirstPilot

#5 Wi2P

Wi2P

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Location.. Recalculating ..

Posted August 16 2014 - 09:27 AM

I'm liking this idea aswell. Chemical weapons +1

The Redox needs a friend. ^^

#6 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted August 16 2014 - 10:35 AM

Reminds me of my acid cannon concept

View PostInfyrno, on July 29 2014 - 10:47 PM, said:

Secondary, Acid hound
a chargeable secondary that shoots globs of acid with a strong ark.  when it lands on the ground it will create a puddle that lasts about 15 seconds.  Mechs in that puddle take damage and once out of the puddle continue to take a slightly decreased amount of damage than when standing in the puddle for a short period of time.  On a direct hit, mechs will take increased damage (redox style) and take damage over time for around 5 seconds.  damage overtime is equivalent to standing in the puddle on the ground.  charging obviously increases effectiveness by increasing damage and longevity of puddles/damage over time on direct hits.
Shameless self promotion
https://community.pl..._hl__+g2 +scoot

#7 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted August 16 2014 - 02:26 PM

Or better yet, for the Tech, a Redox-G2 formula that keeps the present armor hit-buff, and continuously degrades enemy health (say, at 10 HP/sec--just throwin' this out there--for 30 seconds to a minute), or until the victim does a 100% kneel-and-heal or dies.
It's lookin' better 'n' better for the Tech G2!

edit: o hellyeah!
Dev Alert! you wanna make a fast 10 bucks off me, give me This on a B Frame Technician, with amped Vamp (as in: a Red-Ray-on-Steroids version of the Green Ray, w/cooldown) secondary.
Rockin'!!!
:)
i guess you could say a Technician-G2 version of the Sharpshooter (with slugger). Not as fast as a Reaper, but deadlier, more armor, and actually boost the secondary during Ability activation.
!

Edited by EM1O, September 05 2014 - 07:56 PM.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users