HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Newbie Suggestions Please read ^_^

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 KallenKozuki_

KallenKozuki_

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted August 17 2014 - 12:52 PM

I'll start by saying please excuse any English errors, it isn't my best language :P
I've played many mech games, from Mech Warrior to cosmic break, exteel, to console armored core and chrome hounds. Along with mmo's like wow, dfo, grand chase blah just to credit myself

Ok so I've played for a few minutes now

Posted Image
*~Add me franz~*
I feel like it was longer than that but I pretty much got a gist of the game and have thoughts on it.

Community

-Now I don't expect to see an anime happy jpop loving community, but I do think an ingame community would help. Maybe like a server wide general chat and ingame supporting of guilds.
*I've been through a lot of games that simply got dull after awhile, but a game that supports a good community in game is another way entirely to attract more people and keep people playing. A fun in game community makes a average game great! I've noticed really good sportsmanship in this game so that would be nice ^_^ Plus guilds are something this game needs,

This is merely a stretch, but it'd be really cool, and a way to generate more money for the game. If there was some type of area that people who are just idling could go like with there pilot, and you could chat, use the garage etc, and match making all while in this small open world of pilots. You could have cosmetic options to make yourself look cooler and that type of stuff. That'd be awesome but maybe that's me.

Mech Customization

- Just because this is a mech game, I get tired of seeing the same old hunk of junk robots featured in games like mech warrior or chrome hounds. I'm not saying they have to look like gundams, but it'd be cool if my mech didn't look like a smashed a few buildings together and threw a generator on it. Or took my tv and threw arms and legs on it... The current mech customization parts are disappointing, they are just ewwy painted parts from other mechs.  I would look to see some actual good looking mechs, especially since this game is taking on a faster paced shooter. I don't know if my graphics just aren't maxed but the paints also look pretty poor when applied. They took the time to make the maps look rather beautiful, so I think the mechs need the same attention.
They are setting themselves apart with the faster gameplay, compared to the slow crawling mech play that exists now. I'd love to see them to the same with mech appearance

Items
- The emp and the shut down one, I forget the name :P I understand you want it to be visible, but a huge flying disc is annoying to look at for me, and a bit too easy to dodge.

-The shield
Each time someone has deployed this two things happen 1. They sit there and look at me because they can't do anything or 2. They try to heal in my face and I just casually walk into the shield and smack them in the face, I think you should be able to either, shoot through them from the inside, or have the shield cause a slow effect on an enemy trying to walk through it, other wise these have no actual practical use. Or that i've seen thus far.

-Dash
Forgive me being an armored core player but of course I think there should be a forward dash

I assume things like new maps, weapons, and etc are in the future so I want mention those. That's about it for me right now...I'll be on the lookout for more. Add me in game let's play! >.</

Edited by KallenKozuki_, August 17 2014 - 12:54 PM.

Posted Image

#2 KallenKozuki_

KallenKozuki_

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted August 17 2014 - 01:02 PM

oh and another thing

Leaderboards and rankings. I noticed a lot of people aren't supporting of this but I think its needed,
As a competitive person by nature I like to see my work somewhere on a board as well as others. I like to know where I stand in terms of stats among players. If you don't care for it you don't have to look. Even when I play casually I like to know stats, and who the "good" and known players are supposed to be. It doesn't mean i'm obsessed over numbers or stats are everything, it's just something all pvp games should have honestly. Not having it turns a lot of competitive players off because playing has no point other than strictly fun.
Posted Image

#3 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted August 17 2014 - 01:07 PM

I would vote "no" for server wide chat for the reason is that in games I've played that had that feature ended up being spammed by hacking sites and ADH doesn't have enough employees to keep that in check.

That smashed together look goes with the lore, there is a reason they look like that. They could add brand new mech looks like the elite parts but it would diminish the vision of what they want the world's inhabitants to look like.

Both the Shield and EMP was changed from what you are suggesting because they were very powerful items and gave too much of an advantage against people that didn't have those items. They are still powerful items and are used alot just not as overpowering as they were.

Ashfire908 is working on a leaderboard.

Edited by Sylhiri, August 17 2014 - 01:09 PM.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#4 Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted August 17 2014 - 01:51 PM

You used to be able to shoot from the inside of a shield. In fact, you used to be able to attach shields to mechs and give them a personal mobile bubble. But, if we're honest, I'm much happier with how it is now. Shield play is much more fun now and the potential mind-games are great.

FYI, if someone puts down a shield in the middle of a fight and starts repairing, they are a supreme idiot.
Posted Image

#5 Moreapples

Moreapples

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationHilversum

Posted August 17 2014 - 02:54 PM

View PostKallenKozuki_, on August 17 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

guilds are something this game needs,

I'm sorry is this English_

Lol, in all seriousness I think they're working on official clan support.
For now all clans are kinda unofficial, but pretty much most/all of them have a TS server and stuff.

View PostKallenKozuki_, on August 17 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

This is merely a stretch, but it'd be really cool, and a way to generate more money for the game. If there was some type of area that people who are just idling could go like with there pilot, and you could chat, use the garage etc, and match making all while in this small open world of pilots. You could have cosmetic options to make yourself look cooler and that type of stuff. That'd be awesome but maybe that's me.

I think this has been suggested before.
It'd be cool, but, Priorities™.

Derpy suggestions:
Spoiler

I don't really know what I'm saying, I'm drunk on sushi okay.

Posted Image

#6 KallenKozuki_

KallenKozuki_

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted August 17 2014 - 03:13 PM

It's not hard to make bots that filter chat!
I'm not too sure what the lore is but, looking nearly identical to every other mech game is a big con.

And I see, about the shield how would that be op though_ it only makes logical sense. I don't see that being overpowered,

And I know about the chat regarding pilots, even if they did consider that it would be something way down the line. Share some sushi!

Thanks for the replies!
Posted Image

#7 Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted August 17 2014 - 03:26 PM

View PostKallenKozuki_, on August 17 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

It's not hard to make bots that filter chat!
I'm not too sure what the lore is but, looking nearly identical to every other mech game is a big con.

Not sure what you mean here. All the mechs look pretty different. Sure, once you start out you won't see much variety outside the free test drives, but that's because no one has been playing long enough to buy another mech or want to customize their looks. Once you get into the higher ranking matches you'll see a lot more variety and a lot fewer TV boys.

View PostKallenKozuki_, on August 17 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

And I see, about the shield how would that be op though_ it only makes logical sense. I don't see that being overpowered,

It wasn't really. There were a few complaints about it, but it didn't really affect the game too negatively. It just didn't makes sense for the shield to be an offensive weapon. Now it makes much more sense and takes more thought to use well. Since it was changed, putting down a shield triggers its own little dance between players diving in-and-out trying to land a hit on each other. It's a lot of fun.
Posted Image

#8 KallenKozuki_

KallenKozuki_

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted August 17 2014 - 03:33 PM

I've seen all the mechs, and all of them are just sad sights to look at. It doesn't stand out from other mech games is what I mean. It's a personal opinions, on top of that the customization options are very bad. It's probably not a big deal to some, but I know it is for others
Posted Image

#9 Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted August 17 2014 - 03:40 PM

View PostKallenKozuki_, on August 17 2014 - 03:33 PM, said:

I've seen all the mechs, and all of them are just sad sights to look at. It doesn't stand out from other mech games is what I mean. It's a personal opinions, on top of that the customization options are very bad. It's probably not a big deal to some, but I know it is for others

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't think the mechs look at all anything like other mech games. I think they look like spare parts thrown together into killing machines and love that unique and genuine aesthetic it gives them. The same goes for the customization options. The cockpit could use some more decorations, sure, but that was a recently implemented feature and they haven't added enough choices yet. As for everything else, I've been able to give each and every one of my mechs a completely distinct look and I love them all.
Posted Image

#10 KallenKozuki_

KallenKozuki_

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted August 17 2014 - 03:44 PM

I guess so, but I also see where you're coming from
Posted Image

#11 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted August 17 2014 - 04:13 PM

I suggest you read hawken : genesis, then you'll get a better idea of mech looks, even if you don't play hawken, you should read it, it's awesome ^_^

#12 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted August 17 2014 - 04:16 PM

Also, there was a time where you could shoot through the shields from the inside, it wasn't fun...

#13 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted August 17 2014 - 05:05 PM

View PostSilk_Sk, on August 17 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

It wasn't really. There were a few complaints about it, but it didn't really affect the game too negatively. It just didn't makes sense for the shield to be an offensive weapon.

Everyone had a shield back then, it had one minor downside and that was if someone rushed you and your mech only had explosive weapons. It pretty much just added health to your mech, made Sharpshooters all the more annoying. Shields were one of the reasons a lot of people packed around an EMP.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#14 LONEDEADWOLF

LONEDEADWOLF

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • LocationHell-Fires Point Of Origin

Posted August 17 2014 - 05:05 PM

your new and you have no idea how bad it is to stop a good skilled SS killing all your mates while hiding inside a shield...That was a nightmare......and that was not the worse of them ...so many dirty tricks played with it ..  was horrible....
meet death with both eyes open.....and a fist full of hell-fires...Long live the Rocketeer ©>~}~~~

#15 Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted August 17 2014 - 05:43 PM

View PostSylhiri, on August 17 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

View PostSilk_Sk, on August 17 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

It wasn't really. There were a few complaints about it, but it didn't really affect the game too negatively. It just didn't makes sense for the shield to be an offensive weapon.

Everyone had a shield back then, it had one minor downside and that was if someone rushed you and your mech only had explosive weapons. It pretty much just added health to your mech, made Sharpshooters all the more annoying. Shields were one of the reasons a lot of people packed around an EMP.

It still is for me. I keep a mark I in the can just in case I run into a bubble to pop.

View PostLONEDEADWOLF, on August 17 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

your new and you have no idea how bad it is to stop a good skilled SS killing all your mates while hiding inside a shield...That was a nightmare......and that was not the worse of them ...so many dirty tricks played with it ..  was horrible....

Lol, Deidarall and I pioneered what I like to call the ball-and-chain formation. Me in a tech, him in a Brawler. Before charging in, He'd throw a shield on me. Then we'd storm the silo, me green-healing him from inside the shield. Pretty much a guaranteed capture. And that was when items replenished after a minute instead of having limited ammo.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users