HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

perfect! but could need some things.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 titan002

titan002

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 12:03 AM

I love how the game is it self, but I feel there should be a way to sell mechs that is ether never used or just plain boring anymore. Also I think it would be cool to pay mc to place any weapon on any mech of your choosing.New maps and mechs would be awsome, kinda make upgraded mechs from the current selection.and bigger maps maybe with turrets to activate for help with maybe a defend and attack game.

#2 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted August 18 2014 - 02:24 AM

Yes, please, give me a Sabot on my Infiltrator. With a slug rifle on the other hand. The rage would be DELICIOUS.

ETA: Oh! Oh! No, wait! Just gimme the breacher and leave me the grenade launcher! Hell yes I will pay money to be that OP.

Edited by Amidatelion, August 18 2014 - 02:50 AM.

#3 Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 06:42 AM

Dual Heal-beam Brawler.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 01:27 PM

View PostSilk_Sk, on August 18 2014 - 06:42 AM, said:

Dual Heal-beam Brawler.
ew

Edited by ticklemyiguana, August 18 2014 - 01:27 PM.

Posted Image

#5 crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationWest Coast Best Coast

Posted August 18 2014 - 01:46 PM

Rev-GL on everything. Lol
Signing on the dotted line

#6 titan002

titan002

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted August 19 2014 - 11:12 AM

I would love to trade the predator's primary with an prestige assault rifle.Also its secondary should switch with the eoc repeater.items should let you hold more also.

#7 DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationCanada, Eh_

Posted August 19 2014 - 11:34 AM

The option to sell mechs is one that has been asked for a lot, and would be beneficial IMO. I wouldn't use it myself because all of my duplicates are set up with alternate weapons and items, but for people who buy a mech only to hate it or somehow got a double they don't want, this would help alleviate some of the game's grindyness.

As for spending MC for changing the set weapon loadouts, that would be insanely pay to win and I would probably drop this game immediately. There have been many discussions on how in Alpha/pre-alpha there was free reign on weapon customization, and the result was OP apex builds that people flocked to. If people who paid money were given the option to create these apex builds that other people had no access to, that would be absolutely terrible. Don't mean to be harsh, but this shouldn't ever be a thing.

New maps and mechs would be awesome, but I would rather the devs focus on the issues that drive players away first (grindyness, lack of hooks to keep new players interested, long wait times, etc).

#8 Onstrava

Onstrava

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationThe Abyss.

Posted August 19 2014 - 04:02 PM

Lasers......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................LASERS!!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted August 20 2014 - 11:04 AM

Heat+heat on ALL THE THINGS

#10 titan002

titan002

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted August 24 2014 - 03:22 AM

Who are you_ Dm30.pay to win only applys to a higher grade of thing that would dominate most. The weapon's I chose are by fare the best. But would be cool to have a chance to earn this"feature"at a set level in game. Such as level 50.keeping players playing.......again such weapons won't give much of an advantage.

#11 KallenKozuki_

KallenKozuki_

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted August 24 2014 - 01:03 PM

Zerks with flak cannons ~~
Posted Image

#12 Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted August 24 2014 - 01:40 PM

View PostKallenKozuki_, on August 24 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

A.k.a. scouts.
Posted Image

#13 KallenKozuki_

KallenKozuki_

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted August 24 2014 - 02:08 PM

I find a zerk and a scout to be pretty different. And if I could put any weapon on any Mech first thing I would do is throw a flak on my zerk. Or maybe the grenadier load out o3o
Posted Image

#14 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted August 24 2014 - 02:49 PM

View PostSilk_Sk, on August 24 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

View PostKallenKozuki_, on August 24 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

A.k.a. scouts.

With the damage ability.

OP.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#15 WarlordZ

WarlordZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted August 24 2014 - 05:23 PM

View Posttitan002, on August 24 2014 - 03:22 AM, said:

Who are you_ Dm30.pay to win only applys to a higher grade of thing that would dominate most. The weapon's I chose are by fare the best. But would be cool to have a chance to earn this"feature"at a set level in game. Such as level 50.keeping players playing.......again such weapons won't give much of an advantage.
Except that you don't understand how mech balance actually works.  Many mechs' stats and abilities are only kept balanced by not letting them be combined with certain weapons.  For instance, a raider with a vulcan would be terrifying.  Also, nobody would use the reaper if they could put its weapons on any other light mech.

Edited by WarlordZ, August 24 2014 - 05:24 PM.

#16 titan002

titan002

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted August 27 2014 - 04:27 PM

Well yeah. You can't just throw any gun on any mech.It must be compatable. just like the upper, lower, middle  parts that you can swap.this is critical.but really I would love to get rid of some of the mechs I don't want.

#17 DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationCanada, Eh_

Posted August 28 2014 - 05:20 AM

View Posttitan002, on August 27 2014 - 04:27 PM, said:

Well yeah. You can't just throw any gun on any mech.It must be compatable.

That's what we have now: three primaries and a secondary selected because they're compatible with the mechs' roles and abilities. So why ask to bypass that with MC, if you essentially agree with the restrictions_

Also, in your OP you specifically said any weapon on any mech.

Genuinely curious.

Edited by DM30, August 28 2014 - 05:21 AM.

#18 titan002

titan002

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted August 28 2014 - 07:49 AM

Yeah i'm not a lawyer. My words was chosen to suggest not to fight. I just wanted to suggest some stuff,I understand mech balance. But you have to admirer the ideas. No! I'm not happy with the weapon choices on all the mechs.in fact they are a pretty stupid setup. Most of them have awsome setups for run and gun but anyone can do that. I just think they could at least add another secondary.also I thought this was for suggesting stuff not fighting over the game and What I would find cool in it. Btw who are you_

#19 titan002

titan002

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted August 28 2014 - 08:01 AM

Besides, people on here agreed with some stuff.something needs to change i'm level 30 and find it hard to keep interested. I still love the game but like world of tanks some new stuff must be added like new maps and mechs would help. It's just repeative and and hard to play like I did in the beginning.I really don't want this game to go anywhere. Please, please! New maps, and let me get rid of the mechs i'm not compatible with.

#20 DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationCanada, Eh_

Posted August 28 2014 - 08:44 AM

View Posttitan002, on August 28 2014 - 07:49 AM, said:

Yeah i'm not a lawyer. My words was chosen to suggest not to fight. I just wanted to suggest some stuff,I understand mech balance. But you have to admirer the ideas. No! I'm not happy with the weapon choices on all the mechs.in fact they are a pretty stupid setup. Most of them have awsome setups for run and gun but anyone can do that. I just think they could at least add another secondary.also I thought this was for suggesting stuff not fighting over the game and What I would find cool in it. Btw who are you_

You seem to be taking this personally, which there's no reason for. Chill, dude.

There was no attack in anything I said. You made a suggestion, I provided feedback on why I didn't agree with it. Yes, bypassing the set weapon restrictions in the game and allowing people to buy any weapon for any mech would be OP, and if it's cash only it would be pay to win. Examples: Put a Corsair MIRV on a Scout with Flak and it would be rediculous. Incinerator with PPA + SAARE is already overpowered--put those weapons on a Grenadier with its damage and AOE ability would be stupidly powerful.

Adding another secondary would be interesting and could be very good if done in a balanced fashion, but the problem is that with the limited choice of weapons available in game there would be a lot more overlap than there already is. The devs would have to create a set of new weapons and devote the time to balancing it all accross the board, which is probably more than they're willing to do when they're trying to tidy up the game for full release. It's a good suggestion, but unfortunately not realistic at this point in time.

As for the "who are you": Seriously_ It doesn't matter who I am. I'm an annonymous person on the Internet, same as you, the only relevant difference being that while it appears you started playing Hawken recently, I've been playing since the first Closed Beta almost two years ago. I've seen what has worked with the game and what hasn't, and it's that experience that makes me say that the set weapon combos are important to the balance of the game. Beyond that, who I am has no bearing whatsoever, and again, there is no reason any of this needs to be personal. Making it so just shows immaturity.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users