HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Making a Game (Will be out in the future)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MakerofGames

MakerofGames

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 06:17 PM

Hi guys, since i have shook hands with the unreal engine. now i am able to create a game so after playing hawken i decided to make something similar to  hawken. i have the whole story cooked up in my mind. the game will be out in the future in 4 to 6 years. I can't give any details right now about my game cuz i haven't bought the license for the story but i promise the game.

#2 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 18 2014 - 06:55 PM

Promises, promises.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#3 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 07:01 PM

I'm sleepless

I'm sleepless
You got me wide awake
I'm dreamless
My soul is yours to take
I'm haunted
When I look in your eyes
I want this
And I won't be denied
i don't mean any of it

#4 Umbre

Umbre

Cat/Xeno Hybrid

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Canada

Posted August 18 2014 - 08:25 PM

Okay then. See you in 4-6 years.

#5 coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted August 18 2014 - 09:38 PM

right now, coldest is an open source project that shows the slightest bit of promise.  Wanna make a mech game_ maybe start there.

I dunno.

Posted Image

"Sometimes, You just gotta die... just to get your items back." - Mogote

#6 dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationLegion

Posted August 18 2014 - 10:19 PM

I have ideas too but zero programmers :P

#7 coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted August 18 2014 - 10:20 PM

better yet: Panda3d might be a better place to start.  imo, it's feature complete, and it's bound to python(for quick prototyping) and C++(scalability), with a near 1:1 API call ratio between the two languages.

and because python/multi-platform/open-source!

Do you have any art concepts_ design notes - maybe a link_ something_

I shook hands with the UDK too. I thought its hands were kinda clammy from all that feature bloat, and I was a little intimidated by the size, too.

here goes nothing:  I'd wager that if the devs had sat down and chose a different path as far as their game engine goes, they might have wound up with a little less bugs/quirks to deal with, a more modular approach to updates(even minor updates client side were massive downloads), and more integrity with their server-client aspect.

and cheating.  UDK is to cheating as windows is to malware.  Popularity makes you a common target, and an easy one to boot.

just saying.

Edit: and apologies to the OP for derailing. ugh.

Edited by coldform, August 18 2014 - 10:39 PM.

Posted Image

"Sometimes, You just gotta die... just to get your items back." - Mogote

#8 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted August 19 2014 - 01:22 AM

but unreal has also been the biggest target of programmers coding to counter hacks too over its lifetime i've seen it all down to the UT usermade custom hack detectors  (we are going a step back by not implementing  some custom (bypassable sure but i bet a good portion of haxors cant get by) antihax measures such as hardware IDs  yadayadayada sure can be changed but security through obscurity can make a good impact. if you patch it enough the hackers/hack buyers wont keep cycling money and time to redo the same thing in same game i know because hackers who persistently evaded my bans on dayz eventualy gave up after enough of my log surfing forensics matching their smurfs up

i got plenty of time lol. and people reall notice and appreciate it when you put in your best it makes me feel all warm and fuzzzy inside when they called my server the best in the game tehe

Edited by MechFighter5e3bf9, August 19 2014 - 03:59 AM.

i don't mean any of it

#9 Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Location̵̨ͤ̈́͆̀ͯ̌ͮ͛̋̏͊ͣ̃ͥ̿͢͏̷̩͉̹̪̬̫͍͇̜̼͖͈ ̪͚͙̬̘̼̥̱̣̤ͪ̎́͑̀͟V̶̢̨̛̙̳͙̘̲͚̫̜̯̮̱̯̯̂ͫ͊̆͌͒̾̓̽͑̾ͯͣ̀̚ ͌́́̅̍͛̈́ͩ̏̏ͤ̆̅̋̽ͮ̌̕҉̻̬̳͍͓̺̱̩̜́͢Ȩ̴̘͓̻̫̭̳͈͚̩̭̰͖̝̯̼̥͇̖ͬ̒̇̐̆́͘ ̶̴̡̔̒͒͆̈́͏̠̯̥͍̳͈̘̦̖̖͚͙̬̺̕G̛͖͇̺͔̹͌̿̌̓̉͒ͬ̇̿ͭ͒͂̍̒ͫ̈́̔ͫ͢ ͯ́͛̊͌͊ͮ̓͜͏̥͚̞̺͓̗͙̪̜̰͖͖͈̬̘Ȃ̷̢̭͓̮͈̠̑ͥͫ̍̑̌̈́̔̋͛̑

Posted August 19 2014 - 02:23 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

"The flesh is dying, and we're the next big thing.
The world we know is every bit of real — and a hell of a lot more pure — than this decaying mudball you're trying to save.
Ascension lies in new ideas, not dusted-off old ones."
  - Philosophy of the Virtual Adepts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users