HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Remove grenadier turret mode

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 bad_wolf2013

bad_wolf2013

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted August 19 2014 - 05:05 AM

I know the turret mode is removed from actual gameplay, but we can still use it in the carousel at the end of the match. My request is that the devs should remove this and maybe give the grenadier something else to do when the ability button is pressed. It just makes me feel weird when I see it now.

#2 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted August 19 2014 - 05:08 AM

I like it weird

#3 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted August 19 2014 - 05:12 AM

While I was moving the mouse to open the thread, I knew exactly what I wanted to say: "GRENADIER DOESN'T HAVE TURRET MODE ANYMORE YOU FUZZY BUNNY!!!!".

I was mistaken :)

Edited by EliteShooter, August 19 2014 - 05:12 AM.

Posted Image

#4 bad_wolf2013

bad_wolf2013

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted August 19 2014 - 05:13 AM

View PostEliteShooter, on August 19 2014 - 05:12 AM, said:

While I was moving the mouse to open the thread, I knew exactly what I wanted to say: "GRENADIER DOESN'T HAVE TURRET MODE ANYMORE YOU FUZZY BUNNY!!!!".

I have made the topic like that on purpose, just to mess with guys like you.

@craftydus, it just makes me feel nostalgic, the first time I used a grenadier was when it was its last day on trial and I was new to hawken. I used the turret mode and the damage boost made me feel like a god, I was hitting people all the way across the map. I decided to buy it after I got infil and incin but the day I got incin they announced the change in its ability. The sad part is that I use grenadier more than infil and incin and I never got another day of godlike feels.

Edited by bad_wolf2013, August 19 2014 - 05:18 AM.

#5 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted August 19 2014 - 05:30 AM

View Postbad_wolf2013, on August 19 2014 - 05:13 AM, said:

Yea, guys like me ... hehehehehe ...

Posted Image

#6 bad_wolf2013

bad_wolf2013

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted August 19 2014 - 05:35 AM

View PostEliteShooter, on August 19 2014 - 05:30 AM, said:

Yea, guys like me ... hehehehehe ...
I simply meant people who go ballistic when someone posts something like this. Of course there are some people who do it more than you do, I'm guessing that they just saw the topic and went," Fuzzy Bunny this, I'm not gonna spend my time on something like this."

#7 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted August 19 2014 - 05:45 AM

View PostEliteShooter, on August 19 2014 - 05:12 AM, said:

@craftydus, it just makes me feel nostalgic, the first time I used a grenadier was when it was its last day on trial and I was new to hawken. I used the turret mode and the damage boost made me feel like a god, I was hitting people all the way across the map. I decided to buy it after I got infil and incin but the day I got incin they announced the change in its ability. The sad part is that I use grenadier more than infil and incin and I never got another day of godlike feels.

Grenadier is my current go-to mech for godlike feels.

#8 Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationJoono Araska

Posted August 19 2014 - 10:32 AM

First time I used gren was on a test drive as well. I was still but a mewling newb and was in God awe at who I would now come to know as xacius, giving the enemy hell in his bruiser and yelling at me for going into turret mode a lot :D
This led me to buy the bruiser next
also learning to lead rev-gl shot near perfectly is so damn rewarding

#9 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted August 19 2014 - 05:27 PM

No, turret means more splosions.  I don't care if it isn't there anymore

#10 crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationWest Coast Best Coast

Posted August 19 2014 - 05:34 PM

What did the gren turret mode do_
Signing on the dotted line

#11 WarlordZ

WarlordZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted August 19 2014 - 05:41 PM

View Postcrockrocket, on August 19 2014 - 05:34 PM, said:

What did the gren turret mode do_
Increased damage and blast radius like the current ability, but as a turret.  Since the gren wasn't good at defending itself while nearly stationary, it mostly got you shot in the ass.

Edited by WarlordZ, August 19 2014 - 05:42 PM.

#12 bad_wolf2013

bad_wolf2013

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted August 19 2014 - 06:14 PM

View PostInfyrno, on August 19 2014 - 05:27 PM, said:

Please read the topic I'm not asking for it to come back, I'm just saying that it should be removed from the game altogether(it's still there in the carousel).

I know that the grenadier turret mode was not viable cuz if something came close to it, the grenadier would die easily. But back then I was a new player, playing at low mmr, it just made me feel invincible and now I feel nostalgic when I see it go into turret mode.

#13 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted August 19 2014 - 09:20 PM

when i'm using HEAT Fatfiltrator, it makes really quick work of enemies. the splash on a charged shot seems bigger now.
gotta keep the turret thing for the brag bar at the end, tho: when i throw down my chicken holotaunt, i gotta be able to give him hug luvs.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#14 bad_wolf2013

bad_wolf2013

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted August 20 2014 - 04:12 AM

I was thinking that maybe they could make a stomp animation for it(like incin) without the fire, just explosive goodness. But then i thought," Nah, stupid idea." Maybe one of you guys can come up with a suggestion_

#15 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted August 20 2014 - 11:11 AM

View Postbad_wolf2013, on August 19 2014 - 06:14 PM, said:

View PostInfyrno, on August 19 2014 - 05:27 PM, said:

Please read the topic I'm not asking for it to come back, I'm just saying that it should be removed from the game altogether(it's still there in the carousel).

I know that the grenadier turret mode was not viable cuz if something came close to it, the grenadier would die easily. But back then I was a new player, playing at low mmr, it just made me feel invincible and now I feel nostalgic when I see it go into turret mode.
Yep, i read it, I don't know why i wrote that but it is fun to taunt people with at the end and it reminds some players of ye ol' days (like you said).  I'm not one of those players though lol.

Edited by Infyrno, August 20 2014 - 11:12 AM.

#16 comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationI dunno!

Posted August 22 2014 - 12:28 PM

View Postbad_wolf2013, on August 20 2014 - 04:12 AM, said:

I was thinking that maybe they could make a stomp animation for it(like incin) without the fire, just explosive goodness. But then i thought," Nah, stupid idea." Maybe one of you guys can come up with a suggestion_

I'd be fine with just being able to pop the ability and have the holographic effect on all mechs, except for the g2 raider which would do its whole weird ability thing and stomp forward in place a few times.

Also, current grenadier is an utter beast and if you get the hang of making c classes dance, it really is unparalleled.  Rev-GL gren is amazing when played well, but vulcan gren is probably the very best mech for deathmatches that don't contain extremely defensive scouts, and even then, one good ability-buffed nade and a few bullets takes them down if you're quick, and the absurd AOE means you can't miss if you try.  I have had some fun streaks as king of the hill in fightclubs with it because you can really only lose if you're lazy.

Edited by comic_sans, August 22 2014 - 12:30 PM.

#17 crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted August 22 2014 - 01:08 PM

View PostEM1O, on August 19 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:

when i'm using HEAT Fatfiltrator, it makes really quick work of enemies. the splash on a charged shot seems bigger now.
gotta keep the turret thing for the brag bar at the end, tho: when i throw down my chicken holotaunt, i gotta be able to give him hug luvs.

I love fatfiltrating, I wish more people did it! Fat ninja ftw lol

View Postcomic_sans, on August 22 2014 - 12:28 PM, said:

Also, current grenadier is an utter beast and if you get the hang of making c classes dance, it really is unparalleled.  Rev-GL gren is amazing when played well, but vulcan gren is probably the very best mech for deathmatches that don't contain extremely defensive scouts, and even then, one good ability-buffed nade and a few bullets takes them down if you're quick, and the absurd AOE means you can't miss if you try.  I have had some fun streaks as king of the hill in fightclubs with it because you can really only lose if you're lazy.

Ooh I hadn't thought of that. I love gren, so I'll have to try out the vulcan death match!

Edited by crockrocket, August 22 2014 - 01:08 PM.

#18 MalazanSapper

MalazanSapper

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted August 22 2014 - 01:11 PM

Really_ A whole thread just to remove a carousel animation_

Don't we have enough real issues surrounding this game_

#19 crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted August 22 2014 - 01:24 PM

View PostMalazanSapper, on August 22 2014 - 01:11 PM, said:

Really_ A whole thread just to remove a carousel animation_

Don't we have enough real issues surrounding this game_

Because speculating about other issues actually accomplishes something_ I don't see what the problem is...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users