HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY DEATHMATCH

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

Poll: THEMED DEATHMATCH FUN (47 member(s) have cast votes)

What types of themed matches would you like to see_

1. All C classes (fatmatch) (17 votes [12.14%])

Percentage of vote: 12.14%

2. All B classes (6 votes [4.29%])

Percentage of vote: 4.29%

3. All A classes (11 votes [7.86%])

Percentage of vote: 7.86%

4. Scout Hell (15 votes [10.71%])

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

5. Everyone Plays Technician and Everyone Regrets It (27 votes [19.29%])

Percentage of vote: 19.29%

6. All Turret Mode (go-karts) (25 votes [17.86%])

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

7. All mechs with one specific weapon/ability (t32, tow, gl, raiders, invisimechs etc.) (15 votes [10.71%])

8. G2 Match (raider, assault) (15 votes [10.71%])

9. No Lock Rock (rocketeers played without ever locking on, only dumbfire) (9 votes [6.43%])

Percentage of vote: 6.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 _incitatus

_incitatus

former senator

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationOXR, AL

Posted October 27 2014 - 11:00 AM

comic_sans, on October 27 2014 - 02:52 AM, said:

It looks like this is kind of a done thing.  Scrims seem to have wound up at the exact time I host this, which is about as late as I can stay up and still go to work in the morning, and it has basically destroyed turnout.  Thanks for all the good matches we've had and I'm glad I've gotten to share my love of independent carnage with you.

Maybe try doing it on a different night_  

I love having a DM event.  So refreshing.  None of that teamwork BS.  But scrums and TPG stuff are definitely affecting my ability to attend.

Posted Image

[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on April 23 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

You are the undisputed champion of camouflages.

#122 comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationI dunno!

Posted October 27 2014 - 02:45 PM

I'll be online doing DM pretty much every night this week; what I posted in the dev tracking thread is the thought process that leads me to believe we don't have much time left, let alone another sunday.  Purely my speculation, I hate to be a doomsayer and I have no sources to back up my reasoning in that thread, but if you see a high level DM up, hop in; it's probably me waiting.

For the same reasons, I'm gonna talk about my mmr for the first and last time.  My mmr broke 2600 just before the friends list went down, and I couldn't be happier.  I broke the threshold Xac (even though his name is zay-shee-us, I always pronounce it zack when I shorten it like that) set back when I joined, the highest number anyone had achieved before the pop sunk so low that farming became mandatory and easy.  Some peeps have 2700, 2800 scores now, and they all deserve them, but I'm more than happy with essentially achieving what I thought was an impossible (if small) dream.  Sorry to anyone I focused harder than I should have in doing this; thanks for your patience.

Edited by comic_sans, October 27 2014 - 02:48 PM.

#123 IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted October 27 2014 - 02:48 PM

comic_sans, on October 27 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

I'll be online doing DM pretty much every night this week; what I posted in the dev tracking thread is the thought process that leads me to believe we don't have much time left, let alone another sunday.  Purely my speculation, I hate to be a doomsayer, but if you see a high level DM up, hop in; it's probably me waiting.

For the same reasons, I'm gonna talk about my mmr for the first and last time.  My mmr broke 2600 just before the friends list went down, and I couldn't be happier.  I broke the threshold Xac (even though his name is zay-shee-us, I always pronounce it zack when I shorten it like that) set back when I joined, the highest number anyone had achieved before the pop sunk so low that farming became mandatory and easy.  Some peeps have 2700, 2800 scores now, and they all deserve them, but I'm more than happy with essentially achieving what I thought was an impossible (if small) dream.  Sorry to anyone I focused harder than I should have in doing this; thanks for your patience.

2600_

Casual.

#124 comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationI dunno!

Posted October 27 2014 - 02:52 PM

View PostIareDave, on October 27 2014 - 02:48 PM, said:

View Postcomic_sans, on October 27 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

I'll be online doing DM pretty much every night this week; what I posted in the dev tracking thread is the thought process that leads me to believe we don't have much time left, let alone another sunday.  Purely my speculation, I hate to be a doomsayer, but if you see a high level DM up, hop in; it's probably me waiting.

2600_

Casual.

I'm not the one who sits on his orb couch all day!  You and your loadouts are like the thin guy all fat guys hate cuz you're as active as them but you don't get fat.  Calling me casual.  Pfft.  It's not like I only ever play pubs or... oh wait.

Edited by comic_sans, October 27 2014 - 02:56 PM.

#125 ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationLynn Ma USA tuff place to live

Posted October 27 2014 - 03:03 PM

i think this game would see more players if dave, just dave, took a long vacation
Just your standard fantasy lover don't mind me, Cats > People, LOL@comics sig
http://twitch.tv/ArcanicFlame http://youtube.com/user/gamemaste288
http://Pwning.com <this site is awesome
Hawken Community Events

#126 JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationMO

Posted October 27 2014 - 03:13 PM

View PostArchMech, on October 27 2014 - 03:03 PM, said:

i think this game would see more players if dave, just dave, took a long vacation

But we need feeders like him to make new players feel better about themselves

#127 _incitatus

_incitatus

former senator

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationOXR, AL

Posted October 27 2014 - 03:39 PM

comic_sans, on October 27 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

I'll be online doing DM pretty much every night this week; what I posted in the dev tracking thread is the thought process that leads me to believe we don't have much time left, let alone another sunday.  Purely my speculation, I hate to be a doomsayer and I have no sources to back up my reasoning in that thread, but if you see a high level DM up, hop in; it's probably me waiting.

Hawken is not dead.

You Must Believe.

(Gratz on 2600)
Posted Image

[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on April 23 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

You are the undisputed champion of camouflages.

#128 hestoned

hestoned

Dev Killer

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted October 29 2014 - 01:21 PM

CONGRATS COMIC. FOR AMERICA
http://www.twitch.tv/hestoned
  my stream. Scout and Grenadier play

#129 IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted October 29 2014 - 01:59 PM

I'll take a long vacation, just for you Arch. But I'll also be bringing my gaming laptop with me...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users