HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

New G2 Grenadier (satire)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ThatDamnedBoedy

ThatDamnedBoedy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted August 22 2014 - 08:16 PM

The G2 Grenadier was developed by scientists tripping on Molly.  Like the G2 Raider they decided to go with a C-class.  Instead of any speed boost however it was given a 4-cyl engine from a 2009 Nissan Cube and old air filters from 1956 Chevy's.   Though they updated the body styling and added LED headlamps calling the chassis "Aikmann" It offers no real difference besides a giant over-sized spoiler and 'go-fast stripes'.

Its weapons are Two HEAT Cannon XT's. They have twice the charge time of a normal heat cannon but their fully charged damage is 10% improved!  

Its special ability uses all the fuel in one go and converts it into an air fuel bomb in a radius around it...which the detonates.  The downside is that the mech will always be destroyed by a max fuel dump explosion.

Some widely believe that this mech was designed as a punishment.  However enthusiasts point out that suicidal and depressed pilots really prefer this mech to any other.  They have nicknamed it "The Cutter" and "The Prozac".

The only known issue is that it is far too slow to effectively get into combat.  Most are taken out by reapers and scouts.  To fit the air-fuel pump in they had to remove its ability to turn.

G2 Grenadier - The best mech ever. Go Prosk or Go Home.

#2 I2DI

I2DI

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted August 23 2014 - 12:45 AM

I'm sincerely sorry, but

View PostThatDamnedBoedy, on August 22 2014 - 08:16 PM, said:

...Its weapons are Two HEAT Cannon XT's.
How the fuzzy bunny it's connected with Grenadier_ 2 Heat cannons XT_ Da fuq_ Don't copy-paste stupid ideas from G2 Assault. Please. It's not working that way. You just completely RUINED basic mechanics for grenadier.

...Its special ability uses all the fuel in one go and converts it into an air fuel bomb in a radius around it...which the detonates.
Well this is actually interesting idea, but i saw something similar. *cough*Incinerator*cough*
I don't mean that the idea is bad, but basically you took incin's ability and turn it into charged projectile, which uses fuel instead of heat.

Verdict: "meh" out of "hell, no" (around 2 out of 10)
P.S. I'm NOT sorry. It's my personal point of view. If you think i'm offencive - i actually am, 'cos i don't like the idea.

Edited by I2DI, August 23 2014 - 12:46 AM.

You better shouldn't do !!Science!!, 'cos i will bring it to you myself.
References to the God of References.

#3 ThatDamnedBoedy

ThatDamnedBoedy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted August 23 2014 - 01:14 AM

I guess you don't know what SATIRE IS

View PostI2DI, on August 23 2014 - 12:45 AM, said:

I'm sincerely sorry, but

...Its weapons are Two HEAT Cannon XT's.
How the fuzzy bunny it's connected with Grenadier_ 2 Heat cannons XT_ Da fuq_ Don't copy-paste stupid ideas from G2 Assault. Please. It's not working that way. You just completely RUINED basic mechanics for grenadier.

...Its special ability uses all the fuel in one go and converts it into an air fuel bomb in a radius around it...which the detonates.
Well this is actually interesting idea, but i saw something similar. *cough*Incinerator*cough*
I don't mean that the idea is bad, but basically you took incin's ability and turn it into charged projectile, which uses fuel instead of heat.

Verdict: "meh" out of "hell, no" (around 2 out of 10)
P.S. I'm NOT sorry. It's my personal point of view. If you think i'm offencive - i actually am, 'cos i don't like the idea.

As to that isn't a grenadier - THATS THE JOKE and uhhh there is nothing projectile about it...its a suicide move that happens to be obscenely strong at killing anything within the blast radius (i.e. no falloff).  But again...also a joke.

#4 comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationI dunno!

Posted August 23 2014 - 02:49 AM

View PostI2DI, on August 23 2014 - 12:45 AM, said:

joke missed by 67.9 nautical miles

Way to miss the joke!

#5 Galvanized_Eagle

Galvanized_Eagle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted August 23 2014 - 03:24 AM

Id use it....

#6 bad_wolf2013

bad_wolf2013

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted August 23 2014 - 09:33 AM

I'd use it for the lols when I get a bad team on siege, that would be it's only use.

#7 Galvanized_Eagle

Galvanized_Eagle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted August 23 2014 - 06:58 PM

one of my favorite things to do when im fuzzy bunny around in Chivalry Medieval warfare, is to run straight at an opponent, screaming my lungs out, and, having hit F5 at just the right time, EXPLODE into limbs, torso and head JUST as I reach him.

I feel like this would be kinda like that...

#8 mmm_yep

mmm_yep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted August 25 2014 - 11:57 AM

Love the dual Heat Cannon idea!

#9 ThatDamnedBoedy

ThatDamnedBoedy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted August 26 2014 - 02:01 AM

View PostGalvanized_Eagle, on August 23 2014 - 06:58 PM, said:

one of my favorite things to do when im fuzzy bunny around in Chivalry Medieval warfare, is to run straight at an opponent, screaming my lungs out, and, having hit F5 at just the right time, EXPLODE into limbs, torso and head JUST as I reach him.

I feel like this would be kinda like that...

pretty much that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users