HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Match Making Fix_

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 FateLovely

FateLovely

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationVirtual Reality.

Posted September 01 2014 - 08:38 PM

View PostEM1O, on September 01 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

View PostFateLovely, on September 01 2014 - 09:53 AM, said:

I would almost like to see the match making be based on player or mech ranks for the reasons stated in my last post. That way new players won't be bothered and a specific part of the community won't have to make multiple accounts just to continue playing.
No.
Because of the small population here, this format would pitch my 170 hrs, Rank 6/level 30 garage full of fully loaded mechs at a scrubby 1523mmr, against a skilled "noob" with say, <24 hrs,and a choice restricted among a CRT, Brawler, or Tech, all Rank 6/level 30 at 1800mmr.
One team is going to get stomped.
Something like this has been tried, and it really didn't work well. ;)
Like i said, a pvp game is a pvp game. One team could have the chance of getting a high mmr player just as much as the other. The whole system to me is absurd for reasons i'm not going to repeat. I always thought of people complaining about high mmr players being in their room as a laughing act. I'd expect such things in like...fiesta online or some silly child's play such as. I've played a ton of games for a stupid amount of years and there's either been one of two things. Level and equip gaps in games that have gear and such, or games like forge where everyone is equal and skill is really all that matters. You can't really get around that in pvp based games. Not to mention here in hawken, a crt recruit can very well kill any other mech if the pilot out skills the other person. When I played archage I played for about 30 minutes and got stealth one shotted by a guy 20 levels higher than me with end game equips. In forge I got smacked by a guy who was just plain better than me. This doesn't mean I should go make threads about how these people should be thrown into their own server. Where they can roam the huge ass world for hours without finding another person. When you already have a west server that barely exists, and an eastern server that isn't "big" by any mmo definition, it's a bit ridiculous.

As for how it's calculated, until I see a 2500 player get stomped by a 1500 I think it's as accurate as it's going to get.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users