HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Improving Mech Monocolouring

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Blaz0re

Blaz0re

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 01 2014 - 06:25 AM

Hi Everyone.

I've been playing this game for quite some time now and i thought about buying skins. Not one of these high-end painted shark or tiger skins, but simple plain colour. But as i searched i found out that many of the different colours have a different price, although the way of the colouring shown on the mech is exactly the same and all consist of one colour. Black with 720MC being the most expensive and some other being quite cheap with 144MC. I can understand that many people consider black being the coolest and so it might be more 'precious' than others, but come on, really_ Some people should pay more than others just because they've got a different taste of colour, that doesn't make too much sense to me.

Also i think it's sad that there are really few colours to choose from and in my case i dont like any of them.

So here is my suggestion:
Why not make the same colour-picker as for the trim lines, where you can choose the exact colour you want for a fixed price_ Either being selected the moment you buy it or being changeable afterwards at any time. It would increase the customisability by a lot and i think it's a big appeal to pay for something that is exactly as you wish and your very own custom colour. Since this works on the trim lines there shouldn't be any technical issues with this i think.

I'd really love to see this realised eventually because i'm a big fan of customisation, i hope you like this idea, too.

Greetings,
Blaz0re

#2 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted September 01 2014 - 06:46 AM

Hi dude, welcome to the forums.

The few colors that cost 720 MC are clearly MUCH MUCH cooler than others, that's why. Especially the black color, it's just AMAZING.

Posted Image

#3 Opicron

Opicron

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted September 01 2014 - 07:38 AM

Black is pretty damned nice indeed
Posted Image#94 it used to be

#4 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted September 01 2014 - 08:37 AM

I like the Black Panther stripes effect that OR-FADE gives to my Berzerker custom uppers on my mechs, when you min the Saturation and max the Scale. Looks just plain Evil. ;)Posted Image

Edited by EM1O, September 01 2014 - 08:44 AM.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#5 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted September 01 2014 - 09:59 AM

I agree, the pricing is fuzzy bunny in this game.

But you have trim for a reason, and that's free coloring that everybody can see just as easily as any camo.

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#6 comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationI dunno!

Posted September 01 2014 - 10:13 AM

Kind of agreed.  I also find it odd that the cyan color affects the entire mech, while every other color just affects the usual painted bits.  It's nifty and I'd like to have the option to tint the mechanical bits as well.

#7 Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationBeing a Turnip.

Posted September 01 2014 - 10:39 AM

View Postcomic_sans, on September 01 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

Kind of agreed.  I also find it odd that the cyan color affects the entire mech, while every other color just affects the usual painted bits.  It's nifty and I'd like to have the option to tint the mechanical bits as well.

This is because the cyan colour is the best. Other than maybe the black one. And the pink one. But other than that it's the best.

I also agree with the option to tint mechanical bits. They could have a button like that one you use to tint the reticle in the cockpit.

Edited by Miscellaneous, September 01 2014 - 10:40 AM.

Posted ImageWhoever said Turnips couldn't play Video Games was wrong. Probably.
Spoiler

#8 hellc9943

hellc9943

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted September 01 2014 - 11:48 AM

View Postcomic_sans, on September 01 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

I also find it odd that the cyan color affects the entire mech, while every other color just affects the usual painted bits.  It's nifty and I'd like to have the option to tint the mechanical bits as well.

This. And then there's also stuff like this:
Spoiler
Same mech parts, same camo, middle and lower camo set to zero saturation, yet the middle part isn't fully desaturated. Happens with some other parts and camos as well in different fashion. Oh yeah and the camo on the arms on this one looks also like bad or stretched resolution.

And let's not forget that bug with losing the trim when switching mechs. They've got a lot to polish in that department.

#9 comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationI dunno!

Posted September 01 2014 - 01:22 PM

View Posthellc9943, on September 01 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

[And let's not forget that bug with losing the trim when switching mechs. They've got a lot to polish in that department.

Oh, is that why my spare scout has no trim on the wings_  Is there a way to reproduce this step by step_  I'd like a selectively trimless mech or two.

#10 hellc9943

hellc9943

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted September 01 2014 - 01:52 PM

If you mean you can't select any trim for the wings at all, then this is something different. I was refering to this:
https://community.pl...line-disappear/

#11 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted September 01 2014 - 01:55 PM

and sell bumpmaps normalmaps and all the rest
i don't mean any of it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users