HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

New Mech - Chameleon (G2 Infil)

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: New Mech - Chameleon (G2 Infil) (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see this mech in HAWKEN_

1. YES! (7 votes [53.85%])

Percentage of vote: 53.85%

2. NO! (6 votes [46.15%])

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

3. Yes, but with just the ability, not the weapons suggested here. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MechAnt7

MechAnt7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationOrigin

Posted September 06 2014 - 03:59 AM

So I made this post in the old G2 Infiltrator thread made by someone else in this section of the forums but got like one reply and no one was discussing the G2 Infil and only random G2 mech ideas were being talked about.

I thought I'd post this here clearly, so I can get some feedback on it. This game seriously needs new mechs and I think the G2 Infil is a good place to start. I think that the Infiltrator, though great, needs more infiltration than just invisibility, so I came up with this idea.

All comments and criticism welcome. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

G2 Infiltrator

Class : B - Class (Medium)

Ability :  

True Camouflage / Mask / Chameleon / Blend - When activated the G2 Infil takes the form of any randomly selected member of the enemy team. The mask lasts until the mech takes 25 % damage or 30 seconds, whichever comes first.

Recharge time - 30 seconds

When activated the symbol on the radar changes from blue arrow to red dot for the friendly team and vice versa for the enemy team making them think you are a friendly. The mech will not take friendly fire.

The name above the mech will also change to that of the one whose identity has been stolen. The randomly selected enemy whose identity will be assumed by the G2 Infil may be still active or may be dead at the time the ability is activated. The selection will only depend on how close the G2 Infil is to the enemy team and will try to select a member who is currently far away from the rest of the enemy team.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weapons :

Primaries - PD Vulcan (Primary) /  EOC Repeater (Alternate Primary) / Infiltrator Redox O2 (Prestige)

Secondary -
EOC Infiltrator - This weapon is a modified EOC Predator, the only change being that instead of the pucks detonating on impact, they are meant to stick to the distracted enemy mech and can be remotely detonated by MMB.

In case the mech dies before the pucks are detonated, they will drop where the mech died, serving as a potential trap for enemies who try to heal themselves using their fallen mate's orbs.

If the pucks hit the mech directly they stick without detonating (leaving the enemy unaware), whereas if they hit the floor or another surface they act like normal EOC Pred mines and explode on impact with an enemy walking over them. This will allow the player to still carry out the function of infiltration and sticking the mines on enemies while in a situation that requires CQC, it would be as good as a EOC Pred.

The pucks will appear blue in color to the enemy to give the impression that they are from a friendly but only for the duration of the ability, or when it is activated again.

Play Strategy :

The G2 Infil user guides his mech silently behind enemy lines, activates his ability, deceives the enemy who is too distracted to keep count of his teammates, shoots pucks and latches them onto unsuspecting victims, leaves the area and remotely detonates the pucks eliminating weakened enemies and damaging the rest.

The enemies have been softened substantially for the rest of the team to clean up and the G2 infil is far away waiting for it's 30 second cooldown to finish up.

This mech is a specialized support mech like the Tech or the Incin. It is like a spy that is able to infiltrate enemy lines and do it's job and get out undetected unless it takes more than 25% damage or it's 30 seconds run out.

It is not a 1 v 1 mech, it is not an assault mech, it is a specialized assassin that kills you after it's far away and out of your sights, not leaving any trace other than the burning wreckage of the mech that wasn't vigilant enough to keep an eye on its comrade's actions and numbers.

The first two primaries are for those pilots who are still learning the mech and need something to fight back in case they get detected or their camouflage fails.

The Infiltrator Redox O2 is a modified version of the Tech's Redox and has a slightly buffed damage and weakening effect. It is meant for advanced pilots who serve to act only as enemy weakeners and leave them for their team to finish off. Coupled with the EOC Infiltrator this one two punch can leave any mech dazed and confused as to where the attack has come from and who within their team is the impostor.

This mech will work best in game modes such as Seige or Missile Assault, rather than TDM or DM.

Disadvantage / Counter Balance :

The friendly team might get distracted for a moment by the G2 Infil's camoflage and may attack it fruitlessly wasting precious seconds on the battlefield.

This ability may lead to interesting situations where the indentity thief (the G2 infil) and the victim (from the enemy team) may come face to face and the enemy mech will then expose the G2 Infil's true identity buy proceeding to bombard it and remove it's mask.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: I just realised this sounds a lot like the Spy from TF2. It just occurred to me after finishing this post. Funny thing is I've never actually played the spy in TF2, and have played TF2 only once in my life. :P

Edited by MechAnt7, September 06 2014 - 04:02 AM.

#2 cornshuckerprime

cornshuckerprime

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted September 06 2014 - 04:06 AM

Daddy like!
it's always been wankershim

#3 MechAnt7

MechAnt7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationOrigin

Posted September 06 2014 - 04:10 AM

View Postcornshuckerprime, on September 06 2014 - 04:06 AM, said:

Daddy like!

Then please vote Daddy! :P

EDIT: Stupid me, I see you did already. Forgive my insolence.

Edited by MechAnt7, September 06 2014 - 04:11 AM.

#4 CyberVeil

CyberVeil

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted September 06 2014 - 04:14 AM

Shooting allies is not something I want to do in Hawken.

Posted Image

#5 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted September 06 2014 - 04:15 AM

View PostMechAnt7, on September 06 2014 - 03:59 AM, said:

When activated the G2 Infil takes the form of any randomly selected member of the enemy team. The mask lasts until the mech takes 25 % damage or 30 seconds, whichever comes first.

No.

Posted Image

#6 MechAnt7

MechAnt7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationOrigin

Posted September 06 2014 - 04:18 AM

View PostCyberVeil, on September 06 2014 - 04:14 AM, said:

Shooting allies is not something I want to do in Hawken.

What_ I never said anything about shooting allies. There will be no friendly fire as with all mechs. Any damage will only be to the enemy team whom the mech will be cloaked as.

#7 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted September 06 2014 - 04:51 AM

No way of telling if someone is friend or foe_ Sounds really, really annoying.

#8 cornshuckerprime

cornshuckerprime

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted September 06 2014 - 05:52 AM

View Posthendman, on September 06 2014 - 04:51 AM, said:

Being annoying is my play style. XD
it's always been wankershim

#9 MechAnt7

MechAnt7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationOrigin

Posted September 06 2014 - 05:53 AM

View Posthendman, on September 06 2014 - 04:51 AM, said:

Well it works in TF2. And it might make people be more aware on the battlefield, which is a good thing.

#10 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted September 06 2014 - 06:53 AM

I had a good post on that. Unfortunately, I can't find it to repost it here.

Th gist of my argument was as follows:

Sticky EOC is useless for dueling and almost useless for support, too much work to use, not enough reward.

Its special ability would be overly annoying to the enemy team.

Its role is too specialized, most of the time it won't be worth using. However, this is a G2 mech, so that's not a fatal flaw.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#11 MechAnt7

MechAnt7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationOrigin

Posted September 06 2014 - 08:01 AM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on September 06 2014 - 06:53 AM, said:

Sticky EOC is useless for dueling and almost useless for support, too much work to use, not enough reward.

Its role is too specialized, most of the time it won't be worth using. However, this is a G2 mech, so that's not a fatal flaw.

I took what you had said earlier into consideration and even replied there. In this post I have added that when the mines fall to the ground or walls the act as normal eoc mines. Only when they stick to the enemy they require manual detonation.

Edited by MechAnt7, September 06 2014 - 08:01 AM.

#12 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted September 06 2014 - 08:01 AM

Well, lemme tell you the sad fact here: there could never be a better G2-infil than the predator. So there's really no need to try. The pred is the best G2-infil you can think of.

Posted Image

#13 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted September 06 2014 - 08:13 AM

View PostMechAnt7, on September 06 2014 - 08:01 AM, said:

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on September 06 2014 - 06:53 AM, said:

I took what you had said earlier into consideration and even replied there. In this post I have added that when the mines fall to the ground or walls the act as normal eoc mines. Only when they stick to the enemy they require manual detonation.

Even then, that seems useless. I'd much rather do my damage as soon as my projectile hits.

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

#14 spo0n

spo0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted September 06 2014 - 08:17 AM

Sticky mines, I in no way see why or how you would ever want to stick these to an enemy axe, maybe a tech_  Maybe a bruiser with the ability on or a turreted Vanguard_

Now, if you could put these mines on friendlies and detonate them after a yolodive...

For the ability, would you appear on enemy radar and vanish from friendly radar instantly_  Would you only appear to enemies as a blue dot when you were close enough_  I have a feeling the teams are too small for a player to just vanish and not be missed, and voice coms would also quickly break this (as the scoreboard would still show that a player is using this g2).

Finally, and this is more technical a reason, the g2's only have one weapon set with no alternates, as they start with max xp, and while this could be changed on a whim, I do not think it would.

#15 MechAnt7

MechAnt7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationOrigin

Posted September 06 2014 - 10:07 AM

View Postspo0n, on September 06 2014 - 08:17 AM, said:

Sticky mines, I in no way see why or how you would ever want to stick these to an enemy axe, maybe a tech_  Maybe a bruiser with the ability on or a turreted Vanguard_

Now, if you could put these mines on friendlies and detonate them after a yolodive...

For the ability, would you appear on enemy radar and vanish from friendly radar instantly_  Would you only appear to enemies as a blue dot when you were close enough_  I have a feeling the teams are too small for a player to just vanish and not be missed, and voice coms would also quickly break this (as the scoreboard would still show that a player is using this g2).

Finally, and this is more technical a reason, the g2's only have one weapon set with no alternates, as they start with max xp, and while this could be changed on a whim, I do not think it would.

I like the point about the yolodive bomber. :P  It could already work like that since the pucks can stick to any mech without exploding and don't do friendly damage and can be remotely detonated.

About the radar, I guess that's how I imagined it would work. You must realize that only the best players would have an eye on all their team mates, the ones who are fighting would be distracted enough to take advantage.

About the weapons, I understand but I would like to see some variation. Don't call it a G2 Infil then, just call it the Chameleon.

#16 MechAnt7

MechAnt7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationOrigin

Posted September 06 2014 - 10:11 AM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on September 06 2014 - 08:13 AM, said:

Even then, that seems useless. I'd much rather do my damage as soon as my projectile hits.

Think of the possibilities!

1. Yolodive bomber as suggested by spo0n.
2. Quietly stick mines onto enemy, detonate when they huddle up under a shield to heal.
3. Eliminate runners from behind enemy lines without being spotted.
4. etc.

I would love to hear improvements and/or suggestions from people. That's why I put the idea here in the first place.

#17 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted September 06 2014 - 10:25 AM

View PostMechAnt7, on September 06 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on September 06 2014 - 08:13 AM, said:

Think of the possibilities!

1. Yolodive bomber as suggested by spo0n.
2. Quietly stick mines onto enemy, detonate when they huddle up under a shield to heal.
3. Eliminate runners from behind enemy lines without being spotted.
4. etc.

I would love to hear improvements and/or suggestions from people. That's why I put the idea here in the first place.

The Predator can do that and more.

This concept sounds like it might work in low level play, but once you get into the higher levels it will be overly complicated.

#18 SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Spaceman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationDropped on Illal

Posted September 06 2014 - 10:26 AM

I, for one, can really appreciate the ability to essentially turn an enemy axe into a walking bomb. Stick a few mines to that guy, wait until the big team-fight starts, then BOOM, turn that guy into a smoldering crater and his team into a bunch of terrified roaches scattering for all they're worth. The ability seems... off. Maybe if it only changed the radar signature, rather than the physical appearance. Or maybe is gave a semi-obvious hologram animation, or something like that. I dunno, but what you have here is too much. I still dig it though. :D

Edited by SatelliteJack, September 06 2014 - 10:27 AM.

Posted Image

To be chill, drink warm tea. You paradoxical madman. -TwentyFirstPilot

#19 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted September 06 2014 - 10:37 AM

Next:

G2 Rocketeer that can rocket jump.
G2 Brawler that eats sandwiches.
G2 Sharpshooter that fires a bow and arrow.
G2 Incinerator that blows back projectiles.

Enough with the TF2 mechanics, seriously. There's a game with those mechanics, called TF2. If you want to shoot at your teammates to spy-check, go play that game. Hawken's already becoming less of a mech game and more of a wizard simulator with magic fireballs, magic healing and magic enchantments.

Edited by Kopra, September 06 2014 - 10:40 AM.

#20 MechAnt7

MechAnt7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationOrigin

Posted September 06 2014 - 11:05 AM

View PostKopra, on September 06 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

Next:

G2 Rocketeer that can rocket jump.
G2 Brawler that eats sandwiches.
G2 Sharpshooter that fires a bow and arrow.
G2 Incinerator that blows back projectiles.

Enough with the TF2 mechanics, seriously. There's a game with those mechanics, called TF2. If you want to shoot at your teammates to spy-check, go play that game. Hawken's already becoming less of a mech game and more of a wizard simulator with magic fireballs, magic healing and magic enchantments.

And how does having a holographic disguise ability qualify as magic_ And no, I don't play TF2, played it only once and I did not get the idea from there. I realised this mech was like the Spy once I finished the idea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users