HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

New Mech - Chameleon (G2 Infil)

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: New Mech - Chameleon (G2 Infil) (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see this mech in HAWKEN_

1. YES! (7 votes [53.85%])

Percentage of vote: 53.85%

2. NO! (6 votes [46.15%])

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

3. Yes, but with just the ability, not the weapons suggested here. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 MechAnt7

MechAnt7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationOrigin

Posted September 06 2014 - 11:11 AM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on September 06 2014 - 10:25 AM, said:

The Predator can do that and more.

This concept sounds like it might work in low level play, but once you get into the higher levels it will be overly complicated.

Don't get me wrong, I love the predator, it's one of my best mechs. But I'm looking for something different. Sure the predator can execute those manoeuvres but it will get most probably killed in the process, since the entire team will turn around and bombard the fuzzy bunny out of it.

#22 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted September 06 2014 - 11:14 AM

View PostMechAnt7, on September 06 2014 - 11:11 AM, said:

This concept sounds like it might work in low level play, but once you get into the higher levels it will be overly complicated.

Don't get me wrong, I love the predator, it's one of my best mechs. But I'm looking for something different. Sure the predator can execute those manoeuvres but it will get most probably killed in the process, since the entire team will turn around and bombard the fuzzy bunny out of it.

I can't see this mech doing any better. Maybe if it were a C class, and maybe if its weapons were tweaked to do high damage with high heat gen, maybe it would survive and maybe it would be viable.

Edit: At the very least, its secondary projectiles would have to have a much faster velocity than those of the EOC P. Also, do more damage, and have a longer refire rate.

Edited by TwentyFirstPilot, September 06 2014 - 11:17 AM.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#23 SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Spaceman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationDropped on Illal

Posted September 06 2014 - 11:15 AM

View PostKopra, on September 06 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

G2 Brawler that eats sandwiches.

I would pay good money for this.

Posted Image

To be chill, drink warm tea. You paradoxical madman. -TwentyFirstPilot

#24 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted September 06 2014 - 11:39 AM

View PostMechAnt7, on September 06 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

View PostKopra, on September 06 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

Next:

G2 Rocketeer that can rocket jump.
G2 Brawler that eats sandwiches.
G2 Sharpshooter that fires a bow and arrow.
G2 Incinerator that blows back projectiles.

Enough with the TF2 mechanics, seriously. There's a game with those mechanics, called TF2. If you want to shoot at your teammates to spy-check, go play that game. Hawken's already becoming less of a mech game and more of a wizard simulator with magic fireballs, magic healing and magic enchantments.

And how does having a holographic disguise ability qualify as magic_ And no, I don't play TF2, played it only once and I did not get the idea from there. I realised this mech was like the Spy once I finished the idea.

Be it propelled plasma, focused techno repair nanite beam, alien engineering or holographic disguise (magic shapeshifting), my point is that the game has too much wacky MMORPG elements than arena shooter elements, thus wizards and magic.

#25 MechAnt7

MechAnt7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationOrigin

Posted September 06 2014 - 12:02 PM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on September 06 2014 - 11:14 AM, said:

I can't see this mech doing any better. Maybe if it were a C class, and maybe if its weapons were tweaked to do high damage with high heat gen, maybe it would survive and maybe it would be viable.

Edit: At the very least, its secondary projectiles would have to have a much faster velocity than those of the EOC P. Also, do more damage, and have a longer refire rate.

I like the idea that it the EOC Infil should have a faster projectile speed. It will make it easier to actually hit moving enemies while behind them.

#26 ThatDamnedBoedy

ThatDamnedBoedy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted September 06 2014 - 12:52 PM

G2 Infiltrator is silly unless you get dual Grenade Launcher XT's. Keep it an a-class and mygod the sneaky burst damage.  AHAHAHAHAHA...well they need to fix the G2 raider before they do any more G2 mechs.

#27 WarlordZ

WarlordZ

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted September 06 2014 - 01:04 PM

View PostMechAnt7, on September 06 2014 - 05:53 AM, said:

View Posthendman, on September 06 2014 - 04:51 AM, said:

No way of telling if someone is friend or foe_ Sounds really, really annoying.
Well it works in TF2. And it might make people be more aware on the battlefield, which is a good thing.
Nope, people in public games are just as oblivious whether they have disguised assassins on the loose or not.  The remaining few are very aware even if there are no spies.

Having to spycheck in pubs is irritating and tedious, stupid teammates will sit back and watch as a spy comes up behind you, and stupid friendly spies just get themselves killed thinking they're "UB3RL33T N1NJ4Z".  Also keep in mind, radar in this game reveals you when you fire, so every "chameleon" check would be like lighting up a big neon sign pointing to your location.

There's so much stupid fuzzy bunny that comes with mechanics like this, I would just quit if they added it.  We've already got enough TF2 filth piling up, let's try not to copy the entire damn game and all of its problems.

Edited by WarlordZ, September 06 2014 - 01:06 PM.

#28 CyberVeil

CyberVeil

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted September 06 2014 - 01:11 PM

View PostMechAnt7, on September 06 2014 - 04:18 AM, said:

View PostCyberVeil, on September 06 2014 - 04:14 AM, said:

Shooting allies is not something I want to do in Hawken.

What_ I never said anything about shooting allies. There will be no friendly fire as with all mechs. Any damage will only be to the enemy team whom the mech will be cloaked as.
It's the strategy needed to counter disguised mechs.  So yes, you will need to shoot allies.  If they take damage they are an enemy.  If they don't take damage, then they are an ally.

Edited by CyberVeil, September 06 2014 - 01:13 PM.

Posted Image

#29 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted September 06 2014 - 01:35 PM

View PostCyberVeil, on September 06 2014 - 01:11 PM, said:

View PostMechAnt7, on September 06 2014 - 04:18 AM, said:

What_ I never said anything about shooting allies. There will be no friendly fire as with all mechs. Any damage will only be to the enemy team whom the mech will be cloaked as.
It's the strategy needed to counter disguised mechs.  So yes, you will need to shoot allies.  If they take damage they are an enemy.  If they don't take damage, then they are an ally.

Would that be a clever strategy, or would that be an annoying little thing you have to do_

Cloaker mechs aren't annoying, because they train you to be more aware of your surroundings. This doesn't train you to do anything. It requires you to ping allies every once in a while, and nothing more.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#30 MechAnt7

MechAnt7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationOrigin

Posted September 06 2014 - 02:34 PM

View PostWarlordZ, on September 06 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

Also keep in mind, radar in this game reveals you when you fire, so every "chameleon" check would be like lighting up a big neon sign pointing to your location.

I get what you're saying, but the mechanic will be that when the ability is on the radar indicator would remain a blue arrow for the duration of the ability or till it's disengaged. That's the whole point of the mech.

Edited by MechAnt7, September 06 2014 - 02:34 PM.

#31 FateLovely

FateLovely

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationVirtual Reality.

Posted September 07 2014 - 01:15 PM

Sticky this sticky that, the ability of the mech is a no go to start.
Posted Image

#32 CyberVeil

CyberVeil

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted September 07 2014 - 02:29 PM

View PostMechAnt7, on September 06 2014 - 11:11 AM, said:

I think the regular infiltrator is capable of doing what you want to do, but maybe you don't understand how to do that_
Posted Image

I feel like Hawken needs less gimmicks and more solid diversity (stop giving all the mechs the same guns!).

Edited by CyberVeil, September 07 2014 - 02:34 PM.

Posted Image

#33 MechAnt7

MechAnt7

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationOrigin

Posted September 07 2014 - 02:34 PM

View PostCyberVeil, on September 07 2014 - 02:29 PM, said:

I feel like Hawken needs less gimmicks and more solid diversity.

I agree, but what feels gimmicky to one may feel diverse to another. I get that people don't like the idea but some do and that's why the poll is at 50/50. :)

#34 spo0n

spo0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted September 07 2014 - 02:42 PM

View PostMechAnt7, on September 07 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

View PostCyberVeil, on September 07 2014 - 02:29 PM, said:

I feel like Hawken needs less gimmicks and more solid diversity.

I agree, but what feels gimmicky to one may feel diverse to another. I get that people don't like the idea but some do and that's why the poll is at 50/50. :)

Poll only has eight votes, so being 50/50 isn't very meaningful.

#35 Zycon

Zycon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted September 07 2014 - 04:58 PM

Actually, friendly fire would be great.

Them ship shooters are gunna go down. :P

Edited by Zycon, September 07 2014 - 04:58 PM.

#36 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted September 07 2014 - 05:08 PM

I'd probably use this mech to have fun.  :D  Sounds like fun to impersonate another mech.  Not sure how well that would be received though.  The meta would probably change and everyone will be shooting each other to make sure no one is a doppelganger.

#37 MalazanSapper

MalazanSapper

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted September 07 2014 - 05:24 PM

Hmmm .... I dunno - how useful this would end up being_ It's kinda easy to notice at a glance on radar how many teammates you have - one extra isn't going to be a subtle thing - especially when we're talking duplicates.

I can see it becoming the low tier pub stomp mech - while it dies over & over again (yet somehow convinced of its usefulness) in anything serious.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users