HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

how about responsive controls_

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 The_Ender

The_Ender

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted September 06 2014 - 10:16 AM

yeah, simple as that.

so since i first started playing this game back in may, i have had a persistent controls issues. not being able to dodge, fire at all, but for the most part, not be able to move at all(when this happens, i need to let go of everything). i actually did pretty well considering i was starting off every match from behind.

i tried everything, clean instals of EVERYTHING, even bought new mouse and keyboard. my pc is brand new also. i have tried talking to people in-game about this also, few have this same issue as well.

so, add these issues to the fact the game is severely lacking content, and each match becomes pointless after some time(i care very little which fanboy or 'pro' player gets butt-hurt over this), it is time to just let go. talked to many others, when Destiny comes out, they will also be dropping hawken like a hot potato.

i can already see the comments i will get xD but you know what_ this game or any other isn't made bcs developers are your friends, its all for the money. and for something like that, the product has to work(bcs sure as hell, my money will have no issues).

unresponsive controls for a small group of people, few same maps over and over again...well, best of luck everyone who do remain playing, may hawken turn out o be everything you want and need it to be, in time ^^

Edited by The_Ender, September 06 2014 - 10:17 AM.

Every End Must First Begin...

#2 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted September 06 2014 - 10:23 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 The_Ender

The_Ender

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted September 06 2014 - 10:25 AM

View PostLeonhardt, on September 06 2014 - 10:23 AM, said:

Posted Image

ah man, that is sad as hell for some reason

#4 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted September 06 2014 - 11:12 AM

Are you asking for help; or are you looking to whine at, insult, and alienate the community_

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#5 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted September 06 2014 - 11:46 AM

View PostThe_Ender, on September 06 2014 - 10:25 AM, said:

It really is. Why don't you write out what exactly you have been experiencing_ If I can't help you I am sure one of the more experienced guys from the support forums can.

Please make sure to include your computer specs and parts as well as a detailed description of what happens when the controls are unresponsive.

Posted Image

#6 The_Ender

The_Ender

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted September 06 2014 - 02:03 PM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on September 06 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

Are you asking for help; or are you looking to whine at, insult, and alienate the community_

View PostLeonhardt, on September 06 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

View PostThe_Ender, on September 06 2014 - 10:25 AM, said:

It really is. Why don't you write out what exactly you have been experiencing_ If I can't help you I am sure one of the more experienced guys from the support forums can.

Please make sure to include your computer specs and parts as well as a detailed description of what happens when the controls are unresponsive.

believe me, i try and i tried hard for months, i even finish first or 2nd most of the time. but the thing is, the controls simply won't respond a LOT of the time. when that happens i need to quickly let go of anything i am pressing for a second or two and then it is ok briefly again. i mostly cannot move at all, and a lot of times just dodge or shoot.

the specs, fx 4350, 8 gb of hyperX kingston, gtx 770, mbo is fx990 gigabyte. mouse and keyboard, coolermaster devastator gaming

did i not write i will care not for hard fanboy feelings_ besides, i have asked for help many times. and the answer i got is, the game just sometimes has script problems or something, and a new keyboard and mouse won't fix it.

#7 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted September 06 2014 - 02:13 PM

View PostThe_Ender, on September 06 2014 - 02:03 PM, said:

did i not write i will care not for hard fanboy feelings_ besides, i have asked for help many times. and the answer i got is, the game just sometimes has script problems or something, and a new keyboard and mouse won't fix it.

Okay-- looking for help. What do you gain by insulting us_ You're frustrated-- I get that. However, speaking like that will only push people away from you. You're not making us want to help you.

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

#8 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted September 06 2014 - 02:33 PM

believe me, i try and i tried hard for months, i even finish first or 2nd most of the time. but the thing is, the controls simply won't respond a LOT of the time. when that happens i need to quickly let go of anything i am pressing for a second or two and then it is ok briefly again. i mostly cannot move at all, and a lot of times just dodge or shoot.

the specs, fx 4350, 8 gb of hyperX kingston, gtx 770, mbo is fx990 gigabyte. mouse and keyboard, coolermaster devastator gaming

I looked up your mouse and keyboard combo. It seems that one of the most reported issues is unresponsiveness from the keyboard at times. Some people have it worse than others, but it seems like Coolermaster will replace your keyboard and mouse combo if you have this defect. I suggest you contact CM support on their website from here or here

If your keyboard is only unresponsive in Hawken you may want to check the drivers available for your particular model as they could be out of date or acting up with Hawken in which case you may want to roll them back. My guess though is that this is not a driver issue as it would be rather rare these days and CM is a good company so I doubt their drivers are having any stability issues.

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on September 06 2014 - 02:13 PM, said:

Okay-- looking for help. What do you gain by insulting us_ You're frustrated-- I get that. However, speaking like that will only push people away from you. You're not making us want to help you.

Everyone gets angry or frustrated at times and we say things we may not mean. Whether someone insults me or not they deserve help just as much as anyone else. This reminds me of a story.

Story:

When Bankei held his seclusion-weeks of meditation, pupils from many parts of Japan came to attend. During one of these gatherings a pupil was caught stealing. The matter was reported to Bankei with the request that the culprit be expelled. Bankei ignored the case.

Later the pupil was caught in a similar act, and again Bankei disregarded the matter. This angered the other pupils, who drew up a petition asking for the dismissal of the thief, stating that otherwise they would leave in a body.

When Bankei had read the petition he called everyone before him. “You are wise brothers,” he told them. “You know what is right and what is not right. You may go somewhere else to study if you wish, but this poor brother does not even know right from wrong. Who will teach him if I do not_ I am going to keep him here even if all the rest of you leave.”

A torrent of tears cleansed the face of the brother who had stolen. All desire to steal had vanished.

Edited by Leonhardt, September 06 2014 - 02:46 PM.

Posted Image

#9 The_Ender

The_Ender

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted September 07 2014 - 12:16 AM

ah...sorry, but it is you who felt insulted, where no insult was given in the first place. i do not post much on forums but i do read a lot and i know things go usually when someone dares say something is wrong with hawken. how daaaaare he! so please, keep your biased emotions in check first and we will have a reasonable conversation effortlessly

#10 The_Ender

The_Ender

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted September 07 2014 - 12:22 AM

View PostLeonhardt, on September 06 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

I looked up your mouse and keyboard combo. It seems that one of the most reported issues is unresponsiveness from the keyboard at times. Some people have it worse than others, but it seems like Coolermaster will replace your keyboard and mouse combo if you have this defect. I suggest you contact CM support on their website from here or here

If your keyboard is only unresponsive in Hawken you may want to check the drivers available for your particular model as they could be out of date or acting up with Hawken in which case you may want to roll them back. My guess though is that this is not a driver issue as it would be rather rare these days and CM is a good company so I doubt their drivers are having any stability issues.

Everyone gets angry or frustrated at times and we say things we may not mean. Whether someone insults me or not they deserve help just as much as anyone else. This reminds me of a story.

Story:

When Bankei held his seclusion-weeks of meditation, pupils from many parts of Japan came to attend. During one of these gatherings a pupil was caught stealing. The matter was reported to Bankei with the request that the culprit be expelled. Bankei ignored the case.

Later the pupil was caught in a similar act, and again Bankei disregarded the matter. This angered the other pupils, who drew up a petition asking for the dismissal of the thief, stating that otherwise they would leave in a body.

When Bankei had read the petition he called everyone before him. “You are wise brothers,” he told them. “You know what is right and what is not right. You may go somewhere else to study if you wish, but this poor brother does not even know right from wrong. Who will teach him if I do not_ I am going to keep him here even if all the rest of you leave.”

A torrent of tears cleansed the face of the brother who had stolen. All desire to steal had vanished.

i have tried different hardware also, and its always the same issue and only in hawken. everything is up to date, squeaky clean and functioning. i guess its why beta is still in fact a beta :D but i thank you very much for your effort to help and the way you approach the matter. bcs some people have very strong feelings about this game, and if you say something they don't like, it matters not if what you say is true or not, the polite shaming will follow, and it will get more and more direct as the convo gets on. so thank you for doing none of that ^^

and that is quite a story there :D though come on, i am not that thief student xD i have just lost all patience playing with as much as 3 times as effort then everyone else(well, not everyone, i think 2 or 3 people said to me the same issue).

#11 FateLovely

FateLovely

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationVirtual Reality.

Posted September 07 2014 - 05:59 AM

This thread is funny, you're funny, and I like how you edited your orginal post. I wish some of these biased fanboys, and whatever, other  insult that was in that paragraph, didn't take the time attempting to help you. Strange way to ask for help I must say.

Edited by FateLovely, September 07 2014 - 06:01 AM.

Posted Image

#12 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted September 07 2014 - 06:28 AM

View PostThe_Ender, on September 07 2014 - 12:22 AM, said:

i have tried different hardware also, and its always the same issue and only in hawken. everything is up to date, squeaky clean and functioning. i guess its why beta is still in fact a beta :D but i thank you very much for your effort to help and the way you approach the matter. bcs some people have very strong feelings about this game, and if you say something they don't like, it matters not if what you say is true or not, the polite shaming will follow, and it will get more and more direct as the convo gets on. so thank you for doing none of that ^^

and that is quite a story there :D though come on, i am not that thief student xD i have just lost all patience playing with as much as 3 times as effort then everyone else(well, not everyone, i think 2 or 3 people said to me the same issue).

Ah, well sorry to hear that. If you are still interested in getting this fixed I suggest you take this to the support forums as those guys are more experienced then me and may be able to figure out what is going on.

Posted Image

#13 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted September 07 2014 - 06:52 AM

View PostThe_Ender, on September 07 2014 - 12:16 AM, said:

ah...sorry, but it is you who felt insulted, where no insult was given in the first place. i do not post much on forums but i do read a lot and i know things go usually when someone dares say something is wrong with hawken. how daaaaare he! so please, keep your biased emotions in check first and we will have a reasonable conversation effortlessly

My premise is this: You're assuming the worst of us, and you're feeding a generalization. I dislike that.

Edited by TwentyFirstPilot, September 07 2014 - 06:58 AM.

#14 Desert_Fox2

Desert_Fox2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted September 07 2014 - 01:33 PM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on September 07 2014 - 06:52 AM, said:

My premise is this: You're assuming the worst of us, and you're feeding a generalization. I dislike that.

Honestly, is there any reason this type of conversation should continue_ It has no reason to. If anything it would get this topic locked. The only thing I see going on at the moment is a need to be right and to be loudest. Whenever I check for new posts and see a locked topic I can't help but feel how badly that reflects this community. For quite a while this game and forum felt like the local town gathering place after work.

I know what it is like when this game really messes you up. For the past couple months I have been getting 12 fps after five minutes or so. It is really frustrating. This game isn't perfect, but no one said it wasn't fun!

Take a deep breath. Cue the epic music. Close your eyes and dream. Dream of destroying Scouts and Incinis in your favorite mech! It is well worth it!

#15 The_Ender

The_Ender

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted September 08 2014 - 09:32 AM

View PostLeonhardt, on September 07 2014 - 06:28 AM, said:

Ah, well sorry to hear that. If you are still interested in getting this fixed I suggest you take this to the support forums as those guys are more experienced then me and may be able to figure out what is going on.

nah..

View PostFateLovely, on September 07 2014 - 05:59 AM, said:

This thread is funny, you're funny, and I like how you edited your orginal post. I wish some of these biased fanboys, and whatever, other  insult that was in that paragraph, didn't take the time attempting to help you. Strange way to ask for help I must say.

i edited my original post bcs of some grammar issues nothing more. what i did is that i did not ask help from people like that, who in every right actually feel called out. a normal person, who engages normally in the forums will discard that, bcs he DOESN'T feel called out. and oh looky, a single good guy did take his fair share of time and tried to help(leon).

like i said, i read every day how things go down in these forums and how people will get blasted by the so called pros for even nothing. did i generalize_ i did, and had the right to do so, bcs i am yet to see a different outcome.

#16 The_Ender

The_Ender

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted September 08 2014 - 09:35 AM

i am assuming the worst of you_ no, i am addressing quite a large part of you the way you deserve. you dislike that_ well, i imagine people who get blasted in the forums over nothing at all like it. as i said in a reply under this one, a person who doesn't do that sort of thing will not feel called out and proceed normally. so...you disliking this, i...i am sorry...but my whole being is unraveling from the concern over that as i type this

#17 The_Ender

The_Ender

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted September 08 2014 - 09:37 AM

View PostLeonhardt, on September 07 2014 - 06:28 AM, said:

awwww thanks man ^^ you took the time to really try to help. and i am sorry i wasted your time. no, i think i will check in here and there periodically and see how things are going and what issues have been sorted out. and to you good sir i wish best of luck in all your endeavors ^^

#18 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted September 08 2014 - 09:37 AM

View PostThe_Ender, on September 08 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

i edited my original post bcs of some grammar issues nothing more. what i did is that i did not ask help from people like that, who in every right actually feel called out. a normal person, who engages normally in the forums will discard that, bcs he DOESN'T feel called out. and oh looky, a single good guy did take his fair share of time and tried to help(leon).

like i said, i read every day how things go down in these forums and how people will get blasted by the so called pros for even nothing. did i generalize_ i did, and had the right to do so, bcs i am yet to see a different outcome.

Quit victimizing yourself. This that you've created is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

View PostThe_Ender, on September 08 2014 - 09:35 AM, said:

i am assuming the worst of you_ no, i am addressing quite a large part of you the way you deserve. you dislike that_ well, i imagine people who get blasted in the forums over nothing at all like it. as i said in a reply under this one, a person who doesn't do that sort of thing will not feel called out and proceed normally. so...you disliking this, i...i am sorry...but my whole being is unraveling from the concern over that as i type this

I understand your frustration. However, poking at and insulting a half of the community will not bring you anywhere good.

You're asking for help, and at the same time you're expressing your frustration over an aspect of the forum community. That is not bad at all. However, in the way you do that is a way that seems meant to attract indignant replies, and not spur discussion over what we should do about this problem.

Even then, those who delude themselves into thinking Hawken has no problems would not deny that the bug you're facing here exists. Those people speak in great sweeps about Hawken's grand state.

Edited by TwentyFirstPilot, September 08 2014 - 09:43 AM.

#19 RamMan

RamMan

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted September 08 2014 - 10:10 AM

I think that the root of the problem is slow/bad netcode that eats too much cpu time. I don't have this problem on my fastest comp.

#20 The_Ender

The_Ender

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted September 08 2014 - 10:13 AM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on September 08 2014 - 09:37 AM, said:

View PostThe_Ender, on September 08 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

Quit victimizing yourself. This that you've created is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

View PostThe_Ender, on September 08 2014 - 09:35 AM, said:

I understand your frustration. However, poking at and insulting a half of the community will not bring you anywhere good.

You're asking for help, and at the same time you're expressing your frustration over an aspect of the forum community. That is not bad at all. However, in the way you do that is a way that seems meant to attract indignant replies, and not spur discussion over what we should do about this problem.

Even then, those who delude themselves into thinking Hawken has no problems would not deny that the bug you're facing here exists. Those people speak in great sweeps about Hawken's grand state.

i am not playing a martyr, please stop making up premises of eloquency(ha, how you like that :D ) to make it seem like you are putting me in my place. bcs as we all know, its not what you say, its how cool you look saying it haha

ofc i am expressing frustration, i read what goes on here all the time, just like you. i myself have already complained about something once, right at the start of my time playing this game. i approached this community in a very mild manner, naive almost. you know what happened_ i was ridiculed over nothing. and no, i am not playing a victim even now, i am just saying, there is a trend that goes on, and i'd much rather take the first poke righ from the start then grinning put my face into it again.

your concluding statement, i will actually agree with that though. but still not 100%

View PostRamMan, on September 08 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:

I think that the root of the problem is slow/bad netcode that eats too much cpu time. I don't have this problem on my fastest comp.

i really don't know man :/ this processor isn't the top i know, but you'd thing a quad core of 4,7ghz should be enough for hawkjen to function properly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users