HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

how about responsive controls_

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 OliverTwisted

OliverTwisted

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted September 08 2014 - 10:28 AM

I've had some responsiveness issues but I figured it out. I use single press macros for jump left and jump right, keyed to some of my g600 mouse buttons. I noticed that if im pressing any other directional button on my keyboard(a g13)  the jump buttons will not work the exception is if im jumping left I can be pressing the key to go left and it works fine, but  if im pressing the key to move forward or right it will not jump left. If I press the key to move backward while pressing my key to jump left or right it will perform the 180 about face movement. Occasionally I guess when im pressing too many buttons at the same time nothing will work so I quickly remove my hands from the keyboard and then choose 1 key and it seems to return to normal but that is quite rare and usually ends in death. On a side note you would think those members with hundreds and thousands of posts would have thicker skin by now but it doesn't seem to be the case. It is possible that im misinterpreting the conflict in this thread though. If so set me straight im a big boy I can deal with it.

#22 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted September 08 2014 - 10:34 AM

View PostOliverTwisted, on September 08 2014 - 10:28 AM, said:

I've had some responsiveness issues but I figured it out. I use single press macros for jump left and jump right, keyed to some of my g600 mouse buttons. I noticed that if im pressing any other directional button on my keyboard(a g13)  the jump buttons will not work the exception is if im jumping left I can be pressing the key to go left and it works fine, but  if im pressing the key to move forward or right it will not jump left. If I press the key to move backward while pressing my key to jump left or right it will perform the 180 about face movement. Occasionally I guess when im pressing too many buttons at the same time nothing will work so I quickly remove my hands from the keyboard and then choose 1 key and it seems to return to normal but that is quite rare and usually ends in death. On a side note you would think those members with hundreds and thousands of posts would have thicker skin by now but it doesn't seem to be the case. It is possible that im misinterpreting the conflict in this thread though. If so set me straight im a big boy I can deal with it.

I don't think you have a great enough understanding of this thread's context and of this forum's history to really comment on that. Of course, that wasn't meant as an insult.

Edited by TwentyFirstPilot, September 08 2014 - 10:35 AM.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#23 OliverTwisted

OliverTwisted

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted September 08 2014 - 10:47 AM

Yes I thought that may be the case. But im trying to be more involved as I am new and I enjoy this game so far and it seems to need some fresh participants. Thank you for your honesty.

#24 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted September 08 2014 - 10:49 AM

View PostOliverTwisted, on September 08 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

Yes I thought that may be the case. But im trying to be more involved as I am new and I enjoy this game so far and it seems to need some fresh participants. Thank you for your honesty.

Indeed it does.

Don't let this thread put you off. The forum is a decent place. It has its stupid themes, but they're hardly what we're defined by.

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

#25 OliverTwisted

OliverTwisted

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted September 09 2014 - 01:42 PM

This I'm sure goes without saying but don't use a wireless keyboard for gaming.  By the way my nephew who is watching over my shoulder won't shut up about how much he loves your avatar(twentyfirstpilot) he's now hitting me in the head with the pony he made at Build A Bear, which then sings a song, its the purple one, so thanks for that :angry: :)

#26 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted September 09 2014 - 03:10 PM

View PostOliverTwisted, on September 09 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

This I'm sure goes without saying but don't use a wireless keyboard for gaming.  By the way my nephew who is watching over my shoulder won't shut up about how much he loves your avatar(twentyfirstpilot) he's now hitting me in the head with the pony he made at Build A Bear, which then sings a song, its the purple one, so thanks for that :angry: :)

This is excellent! Let everything be ponies!

Also, Twilight Sparkle (the purple one) is excellent too as well also.

#27 FateLovely

FateLovely

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationVirtual Reality.

Posted September 10 2014 - 02:56 PM

You're processor isn't related to what you're saying. All this playing with words attempting to reply to 21st and you still don't make sense. I don't know what argument you have. I highly doubt if you would have posted a normal question you would have gotten negative posts. What you said was just unnecessary, I'm not sure why you're trying to justify it.

It's most likely internet related. I doubt its your keyboard not responding. But it's possible.
Posted Image

#28 RamMan

RamMan

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted September 11 2014 - 02:24 AM

View PostFateLovely, on September 10 2014 - 02:56 PM, said:

You're processor isn't related to what you're saying.

Have you tried playing the game with both, a slow and a fast cpu _  I'd say that with current netcode all AMD's CPUs make the game feel unresponsive - fastest models not so much but..

#29 Zycon

Zycon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted September 11 2014 - 02:42 AM

Either you're not being serious or you missed the "Bug Reports" forum where this should have been, though, I haven't seen anyone else with these issues, so Hawken may not be the cause.

Also Destiny_ That potato isn't even in the same basket as Hawken.

Edited by Zycon, September 11 2014 - 02:43 AM.

#30 Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationJoono Araska

Posted September 11 2014 - 02:00 PM

Ill be honest, I have noticed this problem before, but it doesn't happen to me often, but when it does it keeps happening. Mainly boost stutters and the occasional weapons or items not being used the first time I click. I have also recently been noticing my game getting a large lag spike and my ping doesn't change, then about 3 seconds later I'm teleported at full armor and everything to a set point on the map. Also there are times where the profile of the guy who killed me pops up and I'm allowed to continue shooting and visably dealing damage until the game decides I'm dead.

#31 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted September 12 2014 - 12:06 AM

Fresh Idea... Disassemble your computer for a deep clean. No trace residual dust on the Grafix card etc; and if you have SLI make sure your bridge is connected solidly.

The best idea is to reseat all components {after all it is a deep clean.}
The only thing I don't recommend deep cleaning is the CPU of the motherboard. it's a bugger to pull out so just blast the heatsink with strong air say 90 psi through a taper nozzle. I use a hobby AirCompressor with a one 1 gallon tank. I do it in bursts but it blasts out the crud without killing the fins.

It made the problem you described go away for me. give it a try. reseatiung the cards if nothing else might make the problem fix by itself.
Also If you got any grafx card updates and you have an SLI bridge you might have to re-enable it after the update was applied. this has also happened to me and it fixed many problems.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users