HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Heat cannon for grenadier

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 bad_wolf2013

bad_wolf2013

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted September 06 2014 - 09:00 PM

Just got the heat cannon for the grenadier, I see a lot of potential while using it.
Could the grenadier pilots share some tips and suggestions on different loadouts_

#2 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted September 06 2014 - 09:16 PM

Still learning the mech, but I'm finding a failsafe very useful.

#3 crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationWest Coast Best Coast

Posted September 06 2014 - 09:17 PM

There's a really good Gren guide around here somewhere. I'll edit my comment with a like once I find it.

EDIT: Just find it from this https://community.pl...ll-mech-guides/
I liked zdragow's gren guide, but they are all very informative and helpful.

Edited by crockrocket, September 06 2014 - 09:19 PM.

Signing on the dotted line

#4 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted September 06 2014 - 09:57 PM

View Postbad_wolf2013, on September 06 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

Just got the heat cannon for the grenadier, I see a lot of potential while using it.
Could the grenadier pilots share some tips and suggestions on different loadouts_

As another new Fatfiltrator pilot, I second this.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#5 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted September 06 2014 - 10:31 PM

Ask thirdeye.

Posted Image

#6 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted September 06 2014 - 11:09 PM

Close combat with full charged Heat cannon, release Heat and a Grenade for maximum splash power!

Optional: Activate the abillity for incredible damage and throw a H.E. charge while active abillity. Add a fail safe for extreme close combats if you feel confident with Heat Gren.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#7 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted September 06 2014 - 11:38 PM

Every time a heat cannon is installed on a grenadier, a unicorn contracts the ebola virus, a leperchaun has his pot of gold siezed by the federal government, and santa claus dies a little bit inside.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#8 spo0n

spo0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted September 06 2014 - 11:52 PM

My gren has air comp and replenisher.
The ability is nice when you just wanna spam heat and not care about missing/aiming well.

I find using/saving a charged heat shot while near teammates to finish someone off a good way to pick kills, kinda being a jerk, but the shorter cooldown for the damage boost, this doesn't really apply unless you are using replenisher or other post kill benefit internals, makes me feel better about it.

I should probably use failsafe still, I think my original gren has it (one slot version though, all grens need an air comp) yet I feel sad it was nerfed into being fair, but I like deflectors too, if you dodge as you shoot someone at point blank you get some of the reduction from your shots, and some from theirs.

As for air comp, it's nice on heavily vertical maps (origin_) and going up jump pads more safely.  You can also air dodge into certain surfaces and "bounce" off of them to climb quickly and without using much fuel, to be specific getting on top of the aa or any structure that looks similar.  Most people also don't expect it, which is always nice.

Oh, if you are on origin and like hiding in tunnels, barricades are a great way to escape, trap or just confuse people.  But if you on origin in a tunnel and aren't using rev I would be confused.  Generally speaking, when I make that mistake I am very confused myself, as I expect a pile of revs and I don't even shoot one, then my gun starts shaking and I realize why I only shot one grenade, although everyone still ran off.

Spoiler

#9 bad_wolf2013

bad_wolf2013

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted September 07 2014 - 01:34 AM

View Postcraftydus, on September 06 2014 - 11:38 PM, said:

Every time a heat cannon is installed on a grenadier, a unicorn contracts the ebola virus, a leperchaun has his pot of gold siezed by the federal government, and santa claus dies a little bit inside.

Posted Image

Spoiler
I do agree that rev GL is best GL but I find the heat cannon to be more effective when the whole enemy team decides to go berserker, I mean yeah I can kill them with the normal GL but when there's 6 of them the fire rate of GL hits you in the face. It's harder to shoot flying targets with rev GL which I don't have a problem with since I always go for the flank and can handle with GL in 1v1 and sometimes 2v1 but not any extra enemies.

I am gonna be using both, not depending on the situation but depending on what come to my mind second, heat or rev GL

Edited by bad_wolf2013, September 07 2014 - 01:38 AM.

#10 bad_wolf2013

bad_wolf2013

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted September 07 2014 - 01:43 AM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on September 06 2014 - 09:57 PM, said:

View Postbad_wolf2013, on September 06 2014 - 09:00 PM, said:

As another new Fatfiltrator pilot, I second this.

The surprising thing is that I was never good with heat cannon on infil(I was never good with infil in general) but I really enjoyed using it on the grenadier I also managed to win my first dm with heat cannon gren with a score of 398

BTW I just read zdragow's guide for heat cannon, I was actually looking for something more like full offense rather than the ninja play style comparable to that of infil

Edited by bad_wolf2013, September 07 2014 - 01:48 AM.

#11 Zdragow

Zdragow

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • LocationDrowning in energy drinks

Posted September 07 2014 - 02:07 AM

View Postbad_wolf2013, on September 07 2014 - 01:43 AM, said:

full offense rather than the ninja play style comparable to that of infil

If you insist on playing Grenadier and want to play aggressively on full offense, equip yourself with Vulcan/GL.
High DPS/Damage and controllable grenades with damage boost equals one hell of a bullet hell of fury. Perfect for very agressive playstyles.

Just make sure to play on Phantasm and get those graze points.

#12 bad_wolf2013

bad_wolf2013

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted September 07 2014 - 02:50 AM

I was thinking more on the lines of corner play type offense since I really don't like machine guns, I currently act as a incinerator but much less spammy and much more corner play, most fights are started by me and I live due to the high armor pool

Edited by bad_wolf2013, September 07 2014 - 03:09 AM.

#13 hellc9943

hellc9943

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted September 07 2014 - 05:38 AM

I run Advanced Armor Fusor and Replenisher on my Grenadier, but then, I am doing it right and only use the Rev GL because of said unicorns. Also Shield MK2 and Scrambler MK2.
If you need a fail safe on the grenadier you could as well use heat or vulcan. Oh, wait...

#14 SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted September 14 2014 - 11:32 AM

It's not a heat grenadier, it is a Fatfiltrator and you should play it as such. That's the best (albeit, obscure) advice I can give you. If anything, you can click on my signature and look for the grenadier video I have. I go into more detail with the mech, there.
Need help with Hawken_ Click here for my Handy Hawken Handbook!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users