HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

TOW Rocket ROF

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ZeroSteelfist

ZeroSteelfist

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted September 14 2014 - 04:07 PM

Could not find this topic elsewhere in the forums.
I thought I was having an issue with the TOW Rocket on the Trainer and Assault Mechs but now I think that it is a deliberate misfire (in this case it blows up in the tube) if you try to fire before the reload is complete. Is what I am observing correct_

#2 cornshuckerprime

cornshuckerprime

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted September 14 2014 - 04:21 PM

someone correct me if my thought is off.

do you have another mouse you can try_

is it possible your current one has a faulty switch causing a random extra click_
it's always been wankershim

#3 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted September 14 2014 - 04:34 PM

You shouldn't be able to detonate your TOW for a .5 second or so after you fire it. At least, that's the case if it's anything like the grenade launcher.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#4 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted September 14 2014 - 04:34 PM

It can't explode before being fired. You can right-click on your mouse as many times as you want while reloading and nothing will happen. A misfire is a glitch and it's something that occasionally happens to everyone unpredictably. All that's happening is the weapon goes through the shooting animation, but nothing is fired. It's like firing a blank. The only solution is for devs to fix the coding.

Posted Image

#5 spo0n

spo0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted September 14 2014 - 05:20 PM

If you right click while you have a missile still in the air but have not reloaded yet you will air detonate.  Just like the middle click does.  Working as intended.

#6 MajyckToad

MajyckToad

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationLat 36.9N Lon 76.2W Elev 1.2m

Posted September 14 2014 - 05:52 PM

that double click works even if the TOW is still "in yer face". the other post mentioning a bad rhmb could be a thing, too. some mouse software will have options for multi-click programming for different buttons. if you have a 6+ button mouse, you may be triggering a consecutive multi click on another button that is programmed to trigger the TOW, ability, item, or something else, that's making your TOW detonate on launch. this includes the roller/middle button, which will also early detonate the TOW. this can happen with Detonator or Explosive items as well. if you do have a 6+ button mouse, ensure you aren't conflicting button designations between any mouse software, your keyboard, and the Settings Menu values in-game.
example: my #5 mb is set for item #1 launch (Detonator)
my kb is set for number key 1 to launch (Detonator)
if i launch the Detonator with the kb, and i'm squeezing the mouse too tight in a CQC panic, the Detonator explodes on launch, due to the "double trigger".
Boom! solution: /null the #5 mouse button. you may have the same situation, involving the rhmb/#3button-roller/something else. just check your overall configs. Luck!
been there, done that.
:)

Edited by MajyckToad, September 14 2014 - 06:08 PM.

#7 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationEmpire of the Sun

Posted September 14 2014 - 05:56 PM

View PostMajyckToad, on September 14 2014 - 05:52 PM, said:

that double click works even if the TOW is still "in yer face". the other post mentioning a bad rhmb could be a thing, too. some mouse software will have options for multi-click programming for different buttons. if you have a 6+ button mouse, you may be triggering a consecutive multi click on another button that is programmed to trigger the TOW, ability, item, or something else, that's making your TOW detonate on launch. this includes the roller/middle button, which will also early detonate the TOW. this can happen with Detonator or Explosive items as well.
been there, done that.
:)

EM10  You taking all your Smurfs for a test drive_

#8 MajyckToad

MajyckToad

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted September 14 2014 - 06:19 PM

this is the smurf i ran as primary drunk-driving beast for a Loooooong time. it was my lvl30 goto for TAW, back when.
it has all my pre-Ascension toys, XMas Yeti jinglebells, and more hours than EM1O even.
i do admit poor KelevAdom and RogerBall have been undernourished as of late. but i enjoy the loose low-key level of schizophrenia. i don't have to make excuses or apologize here. everyone knows i'm "odd", and life moves on.
besides. i tire of keeping a death-grip on my mind. modern pharmocology is wonderful, but i was never much of a druggee.
it's sorta fun to have a public venue where everyone looks just as odd as I do. sorta. I still feel the jury's out on Crafty
:D

#9 ZeroSteelfist

ZeroSteelfist

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted September 14 2014 - 06:49 PM

Going to test the mouse config and buttons shortly. If the problem is still there I will try to capture a short clip to show what I am experiencing. Thank you all for the helpful replies.

EDIT: Had trouble reproducing the effect as regularly as I was before after a reboot. Seem like it is a graphical glitch and the rocket is firing as it should, I just can't see it sometimes due to a bug or what have you.

Mouse config looks clean and spamming the rocket button as fast as possible couldn't detonate it closer than about 5m from me. Hard to say what was going on before. Pilot Johnny_Lexicon has had a similar problem with the rocket seeming to not fire and I will pass along what we have covered to him for a second test.

Edited by ZeroSteelfist, September 14 2014 - 07:19 PM.

#10 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted September 14 2014 - 07:03 PM

View PostMajyckToad, on September 14 2014 - 06:19 PM, said:

this is the smurf i ran as primary drunk-driving beast for a Loooooong time. it was my lvl30 goto for TAW, back when.
it has all my pre-Ascension toys, XMas Yeti jinglebells, and more hours than EM1O even.
i do admit poor KelevAdom and RogerBall have been undernourished as of late. but i enjoy the loose low-key level of schizophrenia. i don't have to make excuses or apologize here. everyone knows i'm "odd", and life moves on.
besides. i tire of keeping a death-grip on my mind. modern pharmocology is wonderful, but i was never much of a druggee.
it's sorta fun to have a public venue where everyone looks just as odd as I do. sorta. I still feel the jury's out on Crafty
:D

That was the single most brilliant paragraph I've read in a long time.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#11 MajyckToad

MajyckToad

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted September 14 2014 - 08:12 PM

Throughout history those that society has branded as "insane" have long been producers of that which has been labeled as Brilliant.
Thank you.
You may never know how much that simple post meant.
-O

#12 ZeroSteelfist

ZeroSteelfist

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted September 15 2014 - 08:40 PM

Had a little on and off trouble with it again today. Gonna chalk it up to lag/game bug. Not a serious issue in the big picture.

#13 phed

phed

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted September 19 2014 - 06:09 AM

This happens to me occasionally as well.

Seems like it only happens if I fire at the exact moment it comes off cool down.  Though I've never been able to make it happen when I want...

#14 ZeroSteelfist

ZeroSteelfist

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted September 19 2014 - 08:10 PM

View Postphed, on September 19 2014 - 06:09 AM, said:

This happens to me occasionally as well.

Seems like it only happens if I fire at the exact moment it comes off cool down.  Though I've never been able to make it happen when I want...

Yeah, it seems like there is some other factor in play, it almost never happens if I am alone in map explore but does happen in MP fairly often. Maybe it is a little network spike or something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users