HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Bring back HC bonuses for all service awards

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted September 17 2014 - 07:26 AM

I've mentioned this several times in the past. I thought it was a bad idea when they were removed, and believe I have been proven right. They were removed to balance the economy. People had too much HC, or so the reasoning went. But that had more to do with the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of HC everyone got when people were compensated for all the items they bought in the former equipment system.

The HC bonuses for service awards were this game's most valuable and attractive feature for new players. Early on, they receive tons of awards all at once and get HC at very increased rate. The grind is minimized and they have a great early experience being able to safely try out various mechs and item/internal combos. It gets them HOOKED.

And then, once they're addicted, the awards stop coming as frequently. They start having to keep playing to get more awards to get more HC to get more stuff. But since they're already hooked, they won't mind so much. It's completely mad that they currently have to deal with all that right at the start on top of learning the basics of the game. Player retention is low and this is the reason.

But if this feature does come back, what about all the awards people have gotten since_ Won't they be mad about all the awards they got without any HC_ Just compensate everyone 8000 HC or something. It's not nearly what they would have earned from the awards, but still a bigger sum than most are used to getting. Seriously, I am 100% convinced this needs to come back.
Posted Image

#2 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted September 17 2014 - 07:51 AM

You should've saved the suggestion for ... later ...

Posted Image

#3 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted September 17 2014 - 07:52 AM

A

HA

HA

HA

HA

Who is there to read your puny suggestion, mortal_ The Tooth Fairy_

Edited by DerMax, September 17 2014 - 07:53 AM.

#4 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted September 17 2014 - 07:56 AM

they will do it right after incinerator fix

- lok'tar ogar -

#5 hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • LocationShow Me State

Posted September 17 2014 - 08:06 AM

Posted Image Do you think we'll be able to sell our excess mechs_ :huh:

#6 Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted September 17 2014 - 08:16 AM

View Posthoghead, on September 17 2014 - 08:06 AM, said:

Posted Image Do you think we'll be able to sell our excess mechs_ :huh:

Or something...maybe...
Posted Image

#7 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted September 17 2014 - 11:47 AM

View PostSilk_Sk, on September 17 2014 - 07:26 AM, said:

I've mentioned this several times in the past. I thought it was a bad idea when they were removed, and believe I have been proven right. They were removed to balance the economy. People had too much HC, or so the reasoning went. But that had more to do with the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of HC everyone got when people were compensated for all the items they bought in the former equipment system.

The HC bonuses for service awards were this game's most valuable and attractive feature for new players. Early on, they receive tons of awards all at once and get HC at very increased rate. The grind is minimized and they have a great early experience being able to safely try out various mechs and item/internal combos. It gets them HOOKED.

And then, once they're addicted, the awards stop coming as frequently. They start having to keep playing to get more awards to get more HC to get more stuff. But since they're already hooked, they won't mind so much. It's completely mad that they currently have to deal with all that right at the start on top of learning the basics of the game. Player retention is low and this is the reason.

But if this feature does come back, what about all the awards people have gotten since_ Won't they be mad about all the awards they got without any HC_ Just compensate everyone 8000 HC or something. It's not nearly what they would have earned from the awards, but still a bigger sum than most are used to getting. Seriously, I am 100% convinced this needs to come back.

Under the previous system people paid money to speed up the grind.
So in essence it was a pay not to grind system; which it technically still is.

I used to use Hawken credits to buy items and such. But I used cash to buy mechs, specialty skins and specialty taunts. I assume many others felt the same way.

The current system makes players feel they need to buy the items to "compete" early on as thy can't buy items with in game credit; and then they have no more cash for the fun stuff like skins, etc...

This is a huge fault to the current system...

#8 Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted September 17 2014 - 12:52 PM

View PostSpliff_Craven, on September 17 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

Under the previous system people paid money to speed up the grind.
So in essence it was a pay not to grind system; which it technically still is.

I used to use Hawken credits to buy items and such. But I used cash to buy mechs, specialty skins and specialty taunts. I assume many others felt the same way.

The current system makes players feel they need to buy the items to "compete" early on as thy can't buy items with in game credit; and then they have no more cash for the fun stuff like skins, etc...

This is a huge fault to the current system...

The previous system was no different with regards to paying to speed up the grind. The difference was that the grind was much lighter initially to ease players into the game. I'm not sure what you're talking about has to do with HC bonuses for service awards.
Posted Image

#9 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted September 17 2014 - 06:16 PM

My contast:

People who use MC to buy items to avoid the grind do not always have enough to buy bling like camos and taunts.

People that can grind items easily usually use MC to buy the flashy things like camos and taunts.

Tying it together:

People will use money to buy items or bling but rarely have enough to do both. They will use money for where they feel they will get the best value.
If they can grind items and not have to pay. They wont.
And they won't use money to buy bling if the grind is too high, They feel gouged and will stick it to the man...
Also prices in MC and HC for any thing is too high.
Someone once started a thread about specifically that: https://community.pl...ar/#entry401189

I personally think that a reduction in costs {especially in MC} would drive up sales.
But now this also brings about the next problem...

No new things to buy.
We need content, fast...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users