HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Ditching Air Compressor: Advice_

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted October 13 2014 - 05:05 PM

View PostKopra, on September 23 2014 - 10:43 AM, said:

What you described there is basically doing it wrong. Spinning around in a vulnerable position and when getting shot at, expecting for the internal to do something_

Your inability to use it productively doesn't mean others can't use it to great effect. It does exactly what I described earlier; it's up to you how well you abuse that feature.

So how do you use air 180 "correctly" besides canceling jump pads_ For that matter, how do you use 180 correctly_ I've found that any time I need to 180 I'm either better off with a side dash-reverse or so far out of position that its irrelevant to my survival.
On second thought let's not go to #hawkenscrim. Tis a silly place.
Watch me pretend to be good at Hawken (Twitch).
...And recordings thereof (Youtube)

#22 Skitzo1d

Skitzo1d

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted October 14 2014 - 08:18 AM

So far the only affective combat situation Ive found the air 180 useful on is on the reaper.  If running away from a battle to get max distance covered between you and said opponent,  Run bunny hop air 180 shoot, air 180, land immediatly boosting again repeat and rinse till ur at a safe distance.  This keeps your momemtum moving away from the enemy while providing a bit of coverage fire.

Not sure if this is more effective though than angle dashing backwards while providing cover fire since your able to provide more cover fire this way.

Havent used air 180 that much and not on jump pads to test the effectivness of it.  I think it can be somewhat useful but in rare situations but it is only 1 slot internal so its not taking up very much valueable space so why not give it a try_

Forgot to add my advise about the AC in genreal.  Its a useful item but it can really make you less of a player in the sense that it gives you a bit of an ego and makes you think you can escape everything you get urself into, so it makes you get urself into bad situations more.  Where as if you dont have it, you think twice before going in and are essentially a better player because your thinking strat more versus skill.

I would recommend using  Adv repair kit, extractor  internals if not useing Ac because you will stay on the ground more so that healing from orbs stacking on each other is going ot be really helpful.   Learn how ot dodge on the ground from boosting at angles then dashing sideways making urself a hard to hit target.  If you learn to do this well you can break the turn cap rate of your enemy a lot which helps in duels.

For about 3 weeks I ran No Ac on any of my mechs besides zerker.  Ive currently switched the reaper and infil back to AC.  The reaper because cqc the ac helps him live longer versus someone using the same set up.  The infil I switched back because ive been useing heat more and being in the air is advantageous to the heat cannon.

My advice using the infil without AC though is stick with the AR, you dont have to worry about judging how far on the ground they are to get splash damage with heat cannon because you arent in the air to help you judge that distance.  plus with AR you can keep a little distance yourself so to help you stay alive and escape when needed.

Although I switched the infil back to AC, im thinking of going back to the no AC AR infil again, using the adv repair kit , extractor.

Edited by Skitzo1d, October 14 2014 - 08:32 AM.

Fred is sad hes not like the other robots

Posted Image

[12:43] <@ThirdEyE> skitzo1d = worst reaper NA

#23 LoC_TR

LoC_TR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted October 15 2014 - 12:38 PM

I'm pretty sure LEmental uses the pred without AC on a lot of maps. You just have to engage smarter, put yourself in spots where AC isn't gonna be as useful. Use the Preds ability to do indirect damage. Right now I do NOT run AC on the following mechs.. Scout, Raider, Zerk. These mechs are generally considered better with the AC, and that could be true but the flow of battle sometimes takes that advantage out of your hands. I generally like the way I can control ground combat anyways.

Posted Image

vR-Gaming

Raider Vids>>>Twitch Youtube<<<Raider Vids 2500mmr

Fuzzy Bunny Stats

#24 Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationJoono Araska

Posted October 15 2014 - 02:12 PM

I only feel the need to run A/C on pure projectile mechs like heat scout or eoc raider. the rest is all ground game

#25 mittens800

mittens800

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted October 15 2014 - 02:13 PM

Less air time makes grens and incins happy :) esp on Seige / MA
But since there aren't that many good gren and incin pilots I guess it's fine to not fly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users