HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Siege TDM Mode

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Brooklyn77

Brooklyn77

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted September 29 2014 - 08:07 AM

Hello!
I'd like to start off by saying I'm not some angry kid that just started playing this. I own every mech and have sunk a bunch of money into this game for cosmetic upgrades because I like this game alot. I have been playing during the days of beta before it got to Steam where you used to be able to customize your, mechs attributes etc.
So I come to you as an experienced player, one that has seen this game take many transformations.

I play siege alot and I notice that people will leave the server if it doesn't fill up fast enough so my recommendation is this:

Siege Mode (collecting EU, dropping off EU) isn't enabled till there are at least 5 vs 5. While you're waiting for players to show it's just Team Death match, that way there's an incentive for people to stay.

Once both teams have 5 players then a sound or something will go off and Siege Mode officially begins. Like a sound at a hockey game. An air horn or something lol.

Otherwise being in a server and launching ships early is pointless. I would't stay on a server in the hopes that it will fill while I'm taking damage from an enemy ship with no hopes of countering it.

Also lets get some more map updates, how about a night time map or rain swamp map_ I also would like to use the misc trucks sitting around the map as traps, when a enemy get s near it you blow up a truck and it does 3x's the damage from the gas sitting in it's tanks or some fuzzy bunny.

I'd use that tactic esp since I play Predator, I'd put 8 mines on a truck wait for some big bloated fat  C class to walk near it and do like 100000000 damage.

Why is there no way to start your own server like say Left For Dead_

Can you make the EOC Repeater like the way it was during beta days_ It shot way faster.

How about some mechs that burrow into the group and come up and like do some melee damage, like those things in Borderlands 2. Almost like Tremors.

How about some caltrops like in old TFC to slow down enemy mechs esp scouts.

PLease make the emp a straight shooting orb like in beta days, it was easier to aim, that new bouncing thing is so bad.

Make the Predator dodge without breaking his cloak, that was a good one. Make cloaking go to -100% opacity. I wanna be completely invisible. Same with infiltrator.

Make it so the predators mines can be detonated  in mid air like the Demo man in TFC. Not just when they hit a surface. Remove the glowing light on the mines, there supposed to be hard to see. If you go through the trouble of setting up traps but then the mines have lights on them, it defeats the purpose. I would make the mines use the same camo hiding technology the Predator uses, so the mines really blend into their surroundings.

Breakable walls would be good so you can make new ways of getting to the AA, instead of the enemy team just camping it and watching from all the usual directions.

:D

#2 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted September 29 2014 - 08:13 AM

As another Predator player, I have a few thoughts on this. Don't have time for a detailed reply, but I'll come back later today and give one when I can.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#3 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationEmpire of the Sun

Posted September 29 2014 - 08:30 AM

What's up Brooklyn77_  Wow this is your first post_  Well welcome to the Forums.

I know you are not new to the game.  You are practically a Vet and we've played many Siege matches.

About your first idea about Siege TDM, I don't think you took into account that the Devs want to limit the time for each match.  In the old days, a good Siege could last for hours.  It was Hell of a lot of fun but in reality that's way too long.  Your idea might help solve the problem of players leaving but causes its own problems with extended match times.

About your other ideas, they too would break the balance and make the mech or weapons so Over Powered.

Sorry, its like you took a list of your favorite weapons or mech and thought up how to make them better (nothing wrong with that), but you are not even considering Balance to the rest of the game.

Edited by BurnsHot, September 29 2014 - 08:33 AM.

#4 Brooklyn77

Brooklyn77

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted September 29 2014 - 09:06 AM

I know they might seem over powered at first, thats what they said about the Raider or especially the Technician when they first showed up. But then you need to make new things for the game that balance it, that's all. The game has to evolve. TFC has a million different weapons and items that change the game, but then a player figures out a way to counter it and it balances out.

I know the devs dont wanna hand out as much HC and EXP hence the shorter game play siege times but then so what if players gain alot from it_ I have every item and I'm still here.

Also, just throwing this out there, but maybe reward those that make it to lvl 30 or maybe just reward those with a certain account lifespan with the ability to upload my own avatar not just a preset as a "thank you". A Vet Privilege, or Vet only Perks. As a new player that would make me wanna play alot to gain those.

I remember when the game first came out, everyone played there ass off to get the Vulcan. The point is people will stick around if there's always something new to get. The game hasn't been updated with anything new in ages.

I personally think the Map Bunker is the lazy mans map, build a community of artists and developers like I did and really get the game flowing with new content.

I owned and ran NSArmslab for the Natural Selection, it was a HL 1 mod. That game almost never released anything new after a certain point, the only reason it kept growing was because people were able to make new things for it. Maybe do a Steam workshop like TFC does where independent people can create things for the game, like a market place. I would personally make cool things for it. This way it takes some of the pressure from the devs.

#5 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted September 29 2014 - 09:10 AM

View PostBrooklyn77, on September 29 2014 - 08:07 AM, said:

my recommendation is :

-Siege Mode (collecting EU, dropping off EU) isn't enabled till there are at least 5 vs 5. While you're waiting for players to show it's just Team Death match

-lets get some more map updates,

-Why is there no way to start your own server like say Left For Dead_

-Can you make the EOC Repeater like the way it was during beta days_

-How about some mechs that burrow into the group and come up and like do some melee damage

-How about some caltrops like in old TFC to slow down enemy mechs esp scouts.

-make the emp a straight shooting orb

-Make the Predator dodge without breaking his cloak,Same with infiltrator.

-Make it so the predators mines can be detonated  in mid air

-Remove the glowing light on the mines

-Breakable walls

Posted Image

I like your attitude.
Welcome to the forums!

#6 bad_wolf2013

bad_wolf2013

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted September 29 2014 - 09:15 AM

Your talking about the mine rats and the threshers aren't you, I really don't think it will work, the thing with melee focussed characters in pvp is that they are extremely hard to balance, they usually become op, then they are nerfed and made up and then they are buffed to make them mediocre and other choices end up being better. The amount of coding(now I don't know much about coding but this is my guess) would be a lot to get the underground stuff done, where is it possible to come up, go down, problems in origin and uptown. And all in all, it won't work

Pred with hundred percent invisibility is... I dunno why it isn't there. Also, why do hellfires lock onto cloaked preds, if they are heat guided, then they should not lock onto holograms, if they are based on visual stuff, then they should not lock on either.

Glowing light is actually good for the pred pilot, since it helps you see their position(plus I am bad at setting up mines, don't have the patience to set up more than 5) and it is meant to make the instagib avoidable. Unavoidable instagibs are like hyperius and voracious Novas, no one likes them.

Edited by bad_wolf2013, September 29 2014 - 09:21 AM.

#7 Brooklyn77

Brooklyn77

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted September 29 2014 - 09:32 AM

The hell fire lock-on to cloaked preds need to go, I agree.

What I would like is a icon on the side showing me how many mines I have on the map and a Icon showing me if any sentry guns are still active or they've been destroyed.

It would nice if you can see your mines when your'e cloaked. They can show up like red dots. I bait players all the time and I'd like to know if my mines are still there or if they've been blown up.

The predator also needs a baseball bat with some nails on it.Posted Image

Like that son, Bensonhurst style!!

But for real we do need new content. New mech heads n stuff.

#8 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted September 29 2014 - 09:53 AM

Siege Mode (collecting EU, dropping off EU) isn't enabled till there are at least 5 vs 5. While you're waiting for players to show it's just Team Death match, that way there's an incentive for people to stay.

Once both teams have 5 players then a sound or something will go off and Siege Mode officially begins. Like a sound at a hockey game. An air horn or something lol.

Otherwise being in a server and launching ships early is pointless. I would't stay on a server in the hopes that it will fill while I'm taking damage from an enemy ship with no hopes of countering it.

It's been suggested before and for almost all modes. Basically setting the "pre-game" to a free-for-all until there is an arbitrary number of players. Great idea. Unfortunately there is currently no way to change the game mode without changing the map. Would likely require a major code overhaul. Unlikely to be implemented soon, if ever.

Also lets get some more map updates, how about a night time map or rain swamp map_ I also would like to use the misc trucks sitting around the map as traps, when a enemy get s near it you blow up a truck and it does 3x's the damage from the gas sitting in it's tanks or some fuzzy bunny.

I'd use that tactic esp since I play Predator, I'd put 8 mines on a truck wait for some big bloated fat  C class to walk near it and do like 100000000 damage.

And I want a pony made of diamonds. Needless deprecation aside, new maps would be cool. Unfortunately, the devs need to break their silence first and then fix all of the other problems with the game first. Explodable tanks would be neat, but you'd also have to watch where you step.

Why is there no way to start your own server like say Left For Dead_

There are currently private test servers and, as far as I know, no plans to further develop that at this stage. Making servers hostable from the user-side would be more coding and again, the devs would need to come back first. And when they do, there's a fuzzy bunny ton more to do before then.

Can you make the EOC Repeater like the way it was during beta days_ It shot way faster.

No.

How about some mechs that burrow into the group and come up and like do some melee damage, like those things in Borderlands 2. Almost like Tremors.

What_ No.

How about some caltrops like in old TFC to slow down enemy mechs esp scouts.

Could be cool but rofl, air dodge.

PLease make the emp a straight shooting orb like in beta days, it was easier to aim, that new bouncing thing is so bad.

fuzzy bunny no. We do not need a straight, easy-to-aim EMP. fuzzy bunny no. fuzzy bunny son, are you high_

Make the Predator dodge without breaking his cloak, that was a good one. Make cloaking go to -100% opacity. I wanna be completely invisible. Same with infiltrator.

The dodge thing was a confirmed bug. And yay, you wanna be completely invisible. And I'd like a kitten made of rock candy so I could messily devour it to the horror of onlookers, but we can't all get what we want. Please look at every other game that has ever tried that and the reasons that they immediately nerfed it or made it functionally useless.

Make it so the predators mines can be detonated  in mid air like the Demo man in TFC. Not just when they hit a surface. Remove the glowing light on the mines, there supposed to be hard to see. If you go through the trouble of setting up traps but then the mines have lights on them, it defeats the purpose. I would make the mines use the same camo hiding technology the Predator uses, so the mines really blend into their surroundings.

...are you absolutely certain you're not a noob_ Because this is seriously starting to sound like wish-listing. Giving the pred mines air-detonation makes them strictly better than every other secondary in the game because then they are so flexible there is no downside to their use. Some people suggested maybe a proximity trigger. I dunno, part of the point of the Predator is luring your enemy around in circles to get them to step on mines you've layed already, especially in the course of your duel. Every good predator I've played does this.

I won't even dignify the no-lights bit with a response.

Breakable walls would be good so you can make new ways of getting to the AA, instead of the enemy team just camping it and watching from all the usual directions.

There's a whole thread dedicated to the breakable walls demoed for Hawken years ago and the consensus I think is while its a nice idea, it's never getting implemented except maybe as a new gamemode on new maps if there was a massive cash infusion. It just wrecks what balance there is on current maps.

View Postbad_wolf2013, on September 29 2014 - 09:15 AM, said:

Also, why do hellfires lock onto cloaked preds, if they are heat guided, then they should not lock onto holograms, if they are based on visual stuff, then they should not lock on either.

The cloaks are a purely visual measure and do nothing to prevent active scanning. So yeah, let predators be locked on to but get rid of the locking on to holograms. The holo-lock is just another slap in the face for the uselessness of hellfires.

If you think about it, all of the mechs are stealth-enabled according to our current understanding of stealth in that they don't show up on passive scans until they fire or boost and I'm sorry there's no goddamn system in the world or future that is going to be able to hide the energy output necessary for propelling a mech by chemical thrust.

Edited by Amidatelion, September 29 2014 - 09:54 AM.

#9 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted September 29 2014 - 10:34 AM

View PostBrooklyn77, on September 29 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

I know the devs dont wanna hand out as much HC and EXP hence the shorter game play siege times but then so what if players gain alot from it_ I have every item and I'm still here.

Keeping Siege mode to under 30 mins or less has nothing to do with how much HC or EXP one can gain.  Maybe its keeping in line with most other games, but the Devs want the matches to be in the 15 to 20 min range.  Some players only play an hour or two at a time and playing only one or two match of siege is not really ideal.

Most of your ideas are not well thought out.  You can't Air burst Mines with the current rate of fire.  It just doesn't work.

Completely invisible Cloak for a mech that can already Wallhack_

#10 Brooklyn77

Brooklyn77

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted September 29 2014 - 10:42 AM

First off, you're thinking this too realistic lol, its a game. This is a wish list, I don't have a purest outlook of the game obviously because I also asked for a bat, you didn't mention that one.

Did u say u want a pony made of diamonds__ Youre a dude_ LOL

Anyway Im looking to make a Pred clan. Whos in_

#11 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted September 29 2014 - 11:01 AM

View PostBrooklyn77, on September 29 2014 - 10:42 AM, said:

First off, you're thinking this too realistic lol, its a game. This is a wish list, I don't have a purest outlook of the game obviously because I also asked for a bat, you didn't mention that one.

Did u say u want a pony made of diamonds__ Youre a dude_ LOL

Anyway Im looking to make a Pred clan. Whos in_

Am dude, I want a pony made out of diamonds.

Correct me if I'm misinterpreting you, but it appears as if you're purposefully suggesting overpowered changes to your favorite mech. What good would you expect to come of that_

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

#12 Brooklyn77

Brooklyn77

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted September 29 2014 - 11:08 AM

So go over power some of your fav mechs lol! You guys don't' wanna see any changes to your mechs_

#13 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted September 29 2014 - 11:11 AM

View PostBrooklyn77, on September 29 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

So go over power some of your fav mechs lol! You guys don't' wanna see any changes to your mechs_

Not ones that break the game.

Edited by TwentyFirstPilot, September 29 2014 - 11:12 AM.

#14 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted September 29 2014 - 11:18 AM

TBH:  I wouldn't be surprised if they Nerf the Pred.  It's pretty much OP right now in its current state.

#15 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted September 29 2014 - 11:39 AM

View PostBurnsHot, on September 29 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

TBH:  I wouldn't be surprised if they Nerf the Pred.  It's pretty much OP right now in its current state.

TBH it's surprising you say that, while you play a farthammer-gren. It's pretty much OP right now in its current state.

#16 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted September 29 2014 - 11:59 AM

View Postcraftydus, on September 29 2014 - 11:39 AM, said:

View PostBurnsHot, on September 29 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

TBH it's surprising you say that, while you play a farthammer-gren. It's pretty much OP right now in its current state.

TBH:  I wouldn't be surprised if they Nerf the Grenadier.  Even without wallhacks, it does hit pretty hard.

There are a lot of things still broken in this game but the OP wasn't interested in talking about the Grenadier.

The Pred and the Incinerator are the two worst violators right now.  The Wallhack on Pred and the unlimited spray of the Incin needs tweaking.

You happy now_

#17 ThatDamnedBoedy

ThatDamnedBoedy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted September 29 2014 - 01:49 PM

Your idea is similar to mine in dealing with the imbalances of numbers especially in Missile Assault.  However, being an owner of all the mechs like yourself I have specialized a couple mechs for siege action.  Namely my vanguard and incinerator...sometimes I use other mechs like the technician or even the infiltrator (grenade launcher OP).  However the only thing I find broken in siege (unless you're really imbalanced by say a 3v6 or 3v5 game) is the pilots.  

Many times I join a siege game only to find out that the matching system has put me on a team that is composed mostly of snipers (sharpshooters and reapers).  Those pilots are doing one of two things.  Trying to level up that mech or trying not to die.  Some pilots (the minority) are sniping from the AA itself and that is acceptable...but few of them are adept at CQC combat.  What is broken is the pilots fundamentally don't grasp an objective based game.  If this was a 12 v 12 game instead of 6 v 6 there might be more room for using snipers or more advanced tactics...but it is equally likely that the objective would be harder to take.

Pilots try too hard not to die rather than opening up a gap in the enemy's defensive positions.  I have found that if I take a vanguard in turret mode and push into the aa taking the fire from most of the enemy team...my own team can flood that gap and even though I die...I last just long enough for a decent team to break through and establish our own positions.  Good team work makes siege a pleasure to play.  Two good teams is frustrating but rewarding when it is costing you 1K+ EU to launch every time...gathering EU from dead mechs begins to make more and more of a difference compared to visiting the energy tree.

I don't feel the mode needs as much of a change as players need a better tutorial for this mode.  With the Steam launch of Hawken the player knowledge base has proportionately dropped.  Many don't even know forums exist and so they are largely ignorant of the discussions we have.  They are also ignorant of all the player made tutorials and videos.  Its a problem of pilots understanding and caring about objectives versus not dying.

#18 Brooklyn77

Brooklyn77

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted September 29 2014 - 02:30 PM

Boedy you said it! They need a video tutorial on siege etc. I agree with having different load outs for different game modes. I do that now.

An awful game in my opinion is Planetside, you simply get dropped in and have no-idea where to go or do. This game needs a mandatory siege tutorial, like if the game knows you haven't played it yet, you are locked out of any real siege matches until you do a mock-siege game.

The Incin has the worst weapons I think, his prestige over heats in like a second and takes like 3 seconds just  to get a shot out. If it shot fast I'd use it.

One thing I wish the predator would have the ability to do is drop a whole compliment of mines down at one time, almost like carpet bombing an area.

Actually now that I think about it, just give everyone open access to create custom stuff for the game :D

Have people be able to mod it.

fuzzy bunny it, just bring back the point system!

#19 Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationAustralia, mite.

Posted September 29 2014 - 04:37 PM

View PostBrooklyn77, on September 29 2014 - 02:30 PM, said:

Boedy you said it! They need a video tutorial on siege etc. I agree with having different load outs for different game modes. I do that now.

An awful game in my opinion is Planetside, you simply get dropped in and have no-idea where to go or do. This game needs a mandatory siege tutorial, like if the game knows you haven't played it yet, you are locked out of any real siege matches until you do a mock-siege game.

The Incin has the worst weapons I think, his prestige over heats in like a second and takes like 3 seconds just  to get a shot out. If it shot fast I'd use it.

One thing I wish the predator would have the ability to do is drop a whole compliment of mines down at one time, almost like carpet bombing an area.

Actually now that I think about it, just give everyone open access to create custom stuff for the game :D

Have people be able to mod it.

fuzzy bunny it, just bring back the point system!

About the Incin, I think you are talking about Incin's alternate weapon than the Prestige. The alternate, Papa overheats within a second or two so most players use it in short bursts. M4ma, the Prestige takes like 1.5-2 seconds to start up but overheats in like, I dunno, 5-7 if use constantly without the secondary.

I wasn't here for the point system, but from what I've read of it, it was not the most balanced system. But seriously, we're in mechs - how can we not customise them!_

#20 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted September 29 2014 - 04:51 PM

point system

+1

also: Cs  900-1200 hp
Bs  600-900
As  to 555 hp
TOWs to the original shred your neighbor splash area
Implode your enemy Vampire Tech Ray.
i think all this will suitably derail the OP...btw: if you look at the top left corner of the garage, it sez B E T A
:)

Edited by EM1O, September 29 2014 - 04:59 PM.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users