HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Incinerator - As Objective a Perspective as I can provide

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ThatDamnedBoedy

ThatDamnedBoedy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted September 29 2014 - 01:18 PM

The incinerator stats here and a brief on it.

So I have been playing with a friend for a while and trying to break him into the game.  He was having issues with "learning to aim" and "playing hawken better".  This is partly to him being used to the slower more methodical pace of sims like Mechwarrior Online.  The other part of it is a substandard video card that made it very hard for him to track in a stable manner.  He slightly upgraded his card and is doing better.

Now...he finally collected enough HC to buy either the Vanguard or Incinerator.  I advised him to do the incinerator and that I would partner up with him in my technician.  I told him about all of the abilities it has including absorbing the heat from teammates.

So onto the game.  Bunker Map and we joined in on a match in which our team was already winning like 14:7 or something.  At the end of teh game we were fighting 4 or 5 v 6 and winning with a score of like 30:14 or something...not terribly important other than the fact that it was a royal stomping.

My newbie friend now in the incinerator was laughing his balls off at how OP this mech is especially when coupled with a tech.  He didn't die and neither did I in my tech.  If he was jumping I jumped and stayed in his shadow or otherwise maneuvered well enough that anyone that tried to kill me walked into his fire.  Joining late neither of us came in first but also not last on the team.

He had no internals and only the heat charge for an item.  And he had 5 kills to himself i the 6 minutes or so that we played.  I had a further two or three just from whoring on a guy dying.  This mech...coupled with a team play methodology is exceedingly hard to take down and even by itself is an absolute monster since it can get rid of its own heat and do damage at the same time.

Neither of us can figure out how this mech made it out of testing as a serious rahter than a practical joke on the community.  This is an April Fools level troll mech...but it is actually part of the evolution of the game.  It makes an otherwise terrible player into a force to be reckoned with and for those of you out there who are over 2200 mmr...you are probably the most dangerous people ever.  

It really is a monster on almost every map but especially Bunker.  It being this powerful does one positive thing.  It makes people who hate the game because they get pwn3d...love pwning people when they get this mech.  There is almost no reason not to have a team of 3 or 4 of these in every match with a tech and something else...scout...infiltrator..predator whatever.  It is disgustingly superior to all other c-classes.

#2 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationEmpire of the Sun

Posted September 29 2014 - 01:25 PM

Everybody already knows this and its been discussed in many threads already.

#3 ThatDamnedBoedy

ThatDamnedBoedy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted September 29 2014 - 03:21 PM

View PostBurnsHot, on September 29 2014 - 01:25 PM, said:

Everybody already knows this and its been discussed in many threads already.

oh my god you are so right I should never have posted another thread about it!  I feel enlightened by your amazing intellectual contribution.

#4 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted September 29 2014 - 03:38 PM

But you've been playing the game and coming to the Forums pretty consistently.  Just weird  how you reporting it like it was just discovered.  I didn't mean to come off sounding so rude.

Edited by BurnsHot, September 29 2014 - 03:39 PM.

#5 cornshuckerprime

cornshuckerprime

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted September 29 2014 - 04:08 PM

The combo doesn't work if the tech sucks, the enemy is good at picking techs off, or the incinerator can't aim.
it's always been wankershim

#6 phed

phed

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted September 29 2014 - 04:46 PM

You make some good points, the incinerator is indeed a very strong mech in even almost anyone's hands...  Just not mine...

so sad, my incin is always overheating

#7 Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationJoono Araska

Posted September 29 2014 - 05:11 PM

I stopped using the incinerator almost a month after it came out when I mastered the ppa. at the time nobody used the ppa and it was so damn broken it made me feel bad by using it. Like I got happy by using it so well, but the amount of douchbaggery I was feeling far outweighed the feeling of being successful.

#8 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted September 29 2014 - 05:33 PM

I stopped using it because the FX was too LOUD....  Leveled it to 30 and haven't gone back to it.  I have other mechs I want to play more than the incin

#9 IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted September 29 2014 - 07:05 PM

It's well known by the forum community that the tech/incin is the best 2 mech combo. However, it is by no means gamebreaking. Even a skilled incin is going to have trouble hitting air targets with the saare, which is the mechs greatest weakness and why it is easy to win against it in duels.

#10 ThatDamnedBoedy

ThatDamnedBoedy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted September 30 2014 - 12:28 AM

View PostBurnsHot, on September 29 2014 - 03:38 PM, said:

But you've been playing the game and coming to the Forums pretty consistently.  Just weird  how you reporting it like it was just discovered.  I didn't mean to come off sounding so rude.

Yes well I hadn't done it with a friend on teamspeak...with him being relatively terrible.  Me seeing him suddenly become unstoppable with just me as a single tech powering him was quite an eye opener.

View PostIareDave, on September 29 2014 - 07:05 PM, said:

It's well known by the forum community that the tech/incin is the best 2 mech combo. However, it is by no means gamebreaking. Even a skilled incin is going to have trouble hitting air targets with the saare, which is the mechs greatest weakness and why it is easy to win against it in duels.

I'm fairly good with the tech...and I can shoot down the aerial targets in conjunction.  If this was regular death match I'd say you're right.  But even so I've noticed some people are frighteningly accurate with both the SAARE and whichever primary they are choosing.  I get dunked easy if I'm in something squishy.

#11 mmm_yep

mmm_yep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted September 30 2014 - 07:35 AM

The only gameplay experience you mentioned was with a Technician humping the Incinerator. Maybe try having him play the same game without the Tech and see what his experience is like. As Dave said, Incinerator + Technician is a ridiculous combo.

#12 ThatDamnedBoedy

ThatDamnedBoedy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted October 10 2014 - 04:55 PM

View Postmmm_yep, on September 30 2014 - 07:35 AM, said:

The only gameplay experience you mentioned was with a Technician humping the Incinerator. Maybe try having him play the same game without the Tech and see what his experience is like. As Dave said, Incinerator + Technician is a ridiculous combo.

he does alright without the tech...but the tech makes it insane

#13 mittens800

mittens800

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted October 14 2014 - 03:03 PM

I love incin, so good.

Edited by mittens800, October 14 2014 - 03:04 PM.

#14 Hell_Diguner

Hell_Diguner

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted October 14 2014 - 03:53 PM

Just an FYI, the Incinerator HAS received balance changes since initial release.
Release: https://community.pl...atch-notes-r332
5 days later they changed PPA and M4M4 stats: https://community.pl...-pst-gmt-8-r338
A month later they increased all mech speeds, and changed the Incin's ability: https://community.pl...atch-notes-r354
A month later they increased most C-mech's speed and health: https://community.pl...atch-notes-r368

The community at large didn't realize how powerful PPA Incin was until after that 5-day update. You may note the comments on that 5-day update are mostly about the M4M4 (it's still kinda useless) and the Raider (It had been OP prior to the Steam update). I am disappointed there hasn't been further tweaks to the Incinerator's weapons since then though. We knew it was OP for quite some time before the most recent balance update.

#15 GT500dude

GT500dude

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD USA

Posted Today, 09:16 AM

This mech is fun for sure. It is more fun if you are a new pilot because coming to this mech as a veteran is hard. Expecting the SAARE to act like a gren launcher is a terrible misconception and I found it hard to pilot for several hours of playtime. I still find it hard to make air kills but I am having much more fun with it after teaching myself how to play with the flaming basketball launcher.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users