HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Should not be assistances a little bit more relevant in your statistics_

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 PepeKenobi

PepeKenobi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEurope - Spain - Republic of my House.

Posted September 30 2014 - 12:15 PM

As everybody knows, pilot statistics are very based on kills and deaths (MMR as well).

My question would be. If you get some few kills during a game, more deaths and a lot of assistances then.... Should not be assistances a little bit more relevant in your statistics / MMR_ At least at certain little degree and more than it is right now.

Could this be good_

Best.

#2 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted September 30 2014 - 12:20 PM

You get an assist even if you sneezed at the enemy two centuries ago.

#3 PepeKenobi

PepeKenobi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted September 30 2014 - 12:28 PM

Yes I know ..... random assists..... to mention some at this point......

But for example, if you are playing as an sniper providing support as much accurately as if possible for you then, from a number of assists you get I think these should be more relevant in your overall pilot skills or stadistics. _Do you know what I mean

For instance, as abandons are reducing the amount of team wins but on the contrary..... _you know

__Perhaps assistances might worth a little revision in the game. At least in those cases in which you get, for example, 2 kills / 6 deaths / and more than 10 ("hopefully coherent") assists. _no

Edited by PepeKenobi, September 30 2014 - 12:31 PM.

#4 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted September 30 2014 - 01:04 PM

View PostPepeKenobi, on September 30 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

As everybody knows, pilot statistics are very based on kills and deaths (MMR as well).

False, which makes the thread irrelevant.

#5 _incitatus

_incitatus

former senator

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationOXR, AL

Posted September 30 2014 - 01:04 PM

I think the MMR is based more on your score per minute than k/d ratio.

For example, people who play Technician exclusively have a high MMR because Technician usually is at the top of the scoreboard.  But, Technicians usually have far more assists than kills.
Posted Image

[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on April 23 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

You are the undisputed champion of camouflages.

#6 Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationJoono Araska

Posted September 30 2014 - 01:05 PM

May be an integration of average assist and/or critical assist value. say your assist average is 10% and your critical is 70%

#7 mmm_yep

mmm_yep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted September 30 2014 - 01:36 PM

View PostKopra, on September 30 2014 - 12:20 PM, said:

Didn't the assist go away if they repaired the damage_

#8 Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationSic Transit

Posted September 30 2014 - 02:20 PM

View Postmmm_yep, on September 30 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

As it should.

However, this very rarely happens. A real assist will put damage on the mech that will allow a kill. A couple of pings from an RPR across the map isn't realistically going to do squat, but if someone kills them you still get the assist.

The only worthwhile assists are the ones that result in a kill.

If you want more credit for assists, get better at killing people.

#9 mmm_yep

mmm_yep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted September 30 2014 - 03:06 PM

The experience you get for an assist is based on how much damage you do to them, so that equals it out, no_

I guess if you're counting the assists, then it probably doesn't mean much. In the same vein, counting kills would be the same. I've played clean up crew some games and gotten many one or two shot kills from wounded enemies.

Like any statistic, you have to know your data. In this case, pure numbers of kills or assists don't really mean much. Might be better to look at damage output per minute played.

Edited by mmm_yep, September 30 2014 - 03:09 PM.

#10 PepeKenobi

PepeKenobi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted September 30 2014 - 03:55 PM

View PostDerMax, on September 30 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

Oh, i did not know about that. Still the thread shuld be relevant enough to maintain some of + discussion methinks.....

ps. could anyone apport some of accurate light on how assists do work in the game, please_ !Thanks in advance

Edited by PepeKenobi, September 30 2014 - 03:56 PM.

#11 Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationAustralia, mite.

Posted September 30 2014 - 04:04 PM

View PostDerMax, on September 30 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

Well, the thread is about statistics with a mention of MMR so...I would not call it completely irrelevent.

But seriously, I hate it when people steal my kills and I then I get a 99% assist and that goes down as 1 assist. As much as a 1% assist shows up as an assist. Then I have like 14 assists and like 2 or 3 kills. It reminds me of how players always keep stealing my minion grinding on League of Legends. :lol:

Edited by Dawn_of_Ash, September 30 2014 - 04:21 PM.

#12 PepeKenobi

PepeKenobi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted September 30 2014 - 04:12 PM

Mostly is all about assists I think... :lol:

My point at this moment would be something like: Why not softening (or benefiting) a little bit the Kills/Deaths ratio if you have a decent and coherent amount of assists during a game_

Comes to mind that maybe the minimum percentage value to validate or assign an assist is not consistent enough "as for today". I mean probably is not fair enough "yet" to make it relevant enough.

#13 phed

phed

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted September 30 2014 - 05:42 PM

Every statistic is irrelevant, because aside from mmr (based on score / minute vs opponent mmr) none of the statistics are used for anything.

Your assists already contribute to your score which impacts your mmr.  No I don't think they need to weigh more or kills weigh less, seems to me they've gotten this balanced well.  

It's possible to have mostly or only assists and still top the scoreboard and increase your mmr.  Just watch for the assist leader at the end of round - this person is often near the top of the score board.

I think what they really need to do is make k/d/a visible on the tab screen and at match end again.

#14 mmm_yep

mmm_yep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted September 30 2014 - 05:45 PM

Are you referring to statistics or rank/rating_ Statistics are just the numbers but a rating like MMR is an interpretation of the stats.

MMR is based (partly) on points scored in each match and how you stack up against the other players in the match. Score is based on kills, the percentage of kills (assists), and any other objective game based points. Since MMR takes into account this "scale" of assists, it would probably be the best indicator available of how well you actually do in matches.

But, of course, nothing is perfect. If you don't like MMR then you'll have to come up with your own rating system.

Edited by mmm_yep, September 30 2014 - 05:48 PM.

#15 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted September 30 2014 - 07:16 PM

View Postmmm_yep, on September 30 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

Yes, and it also just goes away after some time, even if they don't repair the damage.
Posted Image

#16 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted October 01 2014 - 12:17 AM

I don't feel assists are weighted enough in MMR.

Countless times I have done 70-90% of the damage only to have a choice shot steal my kill.
This happens multiple times in a match. and it severely affects the MMR rating.

I also think MMR needs to be more complex than kills deaths and assists.
I have seen poor teamwork kill an MMR rating.
It's like it needs it's own rating {TEAMWORK RATING}.

Games like Siege and MA are entirely different animals compared to a Deathmatch or TeamDeathmatch.

#17 Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationAustralia, mite.

Posted October 01 2014 - 01:42 AM

View PostSpliff_Craven, on October 01 2014 - 12:17 AM, said:

Countless times I have done 70-90% of the damage only to have a choice shot steal my kill.

Games like Siege and MA are entirely different animals compared to a Deathmatch or TeamDeathmatch.

Yeah! Let's add a system similar to LoL where you get honor badges and stuff! :lol:

This is a joke and not to be taken seriously.

How would the Teamwork Rating work though_ I would love to see this implemented, even though I'm really bad at teamwork, but I want to be a team player! :D

#18 PepeKenobi

PepeKenobi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted October 09 2014 - 01:51 PM

if you inflicted the most damage (more decent value here into the equation or just maths here.....) to that kill which someone stole to you or earned by just soem casual luck factor (or etc) then you should be rewarded (much) better at the end of the match.

Today I've played many piloting a Repaer with a mate of mine and we got a lot of assists and some few kills only. We gained a very low amount of HCs and XPs so I think this subsystem should be ""slightly"" revised for a more fair and coherent outcome in many cases. All this gets much more evident during matches in which players play very very defensively.. just to mention some case about this matter.

#19 comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationI dunno!

Posted October 09 2014 - 02:42 PM

View Postmmm_yep, on September 30 2014 - 03:06 PM, said:

The experience you get for an assist is based on how much damage you do to them, so that equals it out, no_

Yeah, you get an amount of points proportionately equal to how much damage you do.  Do 50% of the damage, get 50% of the points, although I think you don't get little bonuses like revenge kill or w/e.  Been a little though, not sure on that last part.  Still seems as fair as can be.

#20 Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted October 09 2014 - 03:13 PM

View PostSpliff_Craven, on October 01 2014 - 12:17 AM, said:

The assit percentage is already taken into acount in MMR by proxy becasue you get a larger number of points for a larger assist percentage. Perhaps assists should simply just award more points then they do now.

To the best of my knowledge, MMR is acually simpler than K/D/A. I'm under the impression MMR is calculated soley based on the difference between your actual place on the scoreboard and your predicted place on the score board.
On second thought let's not go to #hawkenscrim. Tis a silly place.
Watch me pretend to be good at Hawken (Twitch).
...And recordings thereof (Youtube)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users