HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Should not be assistances a little bit more relevant in your statistics_

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 PepeKenobi

PepeKenobi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEurope - Spain - Republic of my House.

Posted October 09 2014 - 04:19 PM

View PostHyginos, on October 09 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

View PostSpliff_Craven, on October 01 2014 - 12:17 AM, said:

I don't feel assists are weighted enough in MMR.

Countless times I have done 70-90% of the damage only to have a choice shot steal my kill.
This happens multiple times in a match. and it severely affects the MMR rating.

I also think MMR needs to be more complex than kills deaths and assists.
I have seen poor teamwork kill an MMR rating.
It's like it needs it's own rating {TEAMWORK RATING}.

Games like Siege and MA are entirely different animals compared to a Deathmatch or TeamDeathmatch.

The assit percentage is already taken into acount in MMR by proxy becasue you get a larger number of points for a larger assist percentage. Perhaps assists should simply just award more points then they do now.

To the best of my knowledge, MMR is acually simpler than K/D/A. I'm under the impression MMR is calculated soley based on the difference between your actual place on the scoreboard and your predicted place on the score board.

_you sure on that...

today we got a bunch of assists ((most of those with lots of damage inflicted by us) with a friend and we did not notice any generous xp nor hc earnings after the match. one other thing is the damage inflicted percentage which I understand is also relevant part of how MMR is calculated..... anyways I also think that that damage inflicted value is not yet so fairly calculated when we are talking about coherent assists...

#22 Badtings

Badtings

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationLA,

Posted October 09 2014 - 04:50 PM

I enjoy the ease of assists for a few reasons.

1)It helps w/the internals I like to run.

2) I like to shape battle. << Meaning: if there's a sniper on a ledge, someone trying to flank or a number of other reasons,  I will lay down suppressing fire. The assists are the cherry on top.

So don't change them!!!
Posted Image

#23 M4st0d0n

M4st0d0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted October 10 2014 - 01:57 AM

Fixed it.

View PostAmidatelion, on September 30 2014 - 02:20 PM, said:

EVERY assists are the ones that results in a kill. BECAUSE WITHOUT A KILL THERE IS NO ASSIST EARNED. PERIOD.

If you want more credit DONT RELY ON assists, get better at STEALkilling people.

#24 StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted October 10 2014 - 10:55 AM

Stats are worthless - and I generally think the fact that they are shown at all is part of what is ruining online multiplayer games over the last several years.  So many players spend so much energy and are even willing to cheat and hack in order to put higher numbers on a meaningless chart so that they can impress people who they will never meet... and for what_  Online games were more fun to me when it was just about getting on and playing a fun game against real people instead of lousy AI.  You celebrated nothing more than the fleeting moment of a team win or being in first place... and then everyone just went back to having fun.  Now, it's become a very tense experience for so many people and they get really mad, rage quit and type in all caps over what amounts to nothing in the real world.

All that said, while you do still get points for all the Assist Damage you do (which count towards your final score) a kill, even if it's just 10%, is worth more than a 90% assist.  It is frustrating to have a match, like the one I had last night, where I got 14 kills, but 37 assists.  Frustrating, but not important.  Had the stats not even been on the screen, I wouldn't have known or cared.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users