HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Saturday Hawken Training Centre!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationAustralia, mite.

Posted September 30 2014 - 07:26 PM

Edit: Dr_Freeze001 is now the host of the event. The new thread could be found here: https://community.pl...ning-center-20/

After a shakey start, the Hawken Training Centre is finally underway with a time, a day, a place and a purpose. This event will run alongside Merl61's "Training Thursdays" event (which can be found here: https://community.pl...ning-thursdays/) and would focus on helping people who cannot make it at that time due to commitments/time-zones.

The event will be held on a Saturday at 9 am EST (yes, an awkward time but it's the most benefitial for many countries - sorry if it's not) on the Fightclub servers over in Europe. If you are from elsewhere, I would still recommend you try out the event because lag should not effect the teaching but only you putting it into practice until you are back at your home server.

Everyone interested to be a teacher, please comment to say so and if you have already done so on the previous topic, please do so again so I know that you can still teach! :) If pilots from the Merl61's event would like to join us and pass down the knowledge from his event, it would be much appreciated.

Alike Merl61's thread, I will update this thread with the next topic if someone is willing to teach! :D

Also, I want to give a big thanks to Dr_Freeze001 for helping me organise the time and where to base the event! Couldn't have done it without him! :)

Hope to see all of you there!

This week: Predator Training with TwentyFirstPilot

Edited by Dawn_of_Ash, October 23 2014 - 04:24 AM.

#2 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted September 30 2014 - 07:35 PM

Brilliant. Added. Message Nept/Daronicus/KejiGoto/anyone else listed in the TPG training thread to set up appropriate courses.
PS. Having an official TS channel is always helpful. I'm sleeping after the edit, but if you get one or have any other issues with it, just let me know.

Edited by ticklemyiguana, September 30 2014 - 07:38 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted September 30 2014 - 07:42 PM

View Postticklemyiguana, on September 30 2014 - 07:35 PM, said:

Brilliant. Added. Message Nept/Daronicus/KejiGoto/anyone else listed in the TPG training thread to set up appropriate courses.
PS. Having an official TS channel is always helpful. I'm sleeping after the edit, but if you get one or have any other issues with it, just let me know.

Sorry, I'm very confused about what you said - what do you mean by "appropriate courses". Sorry, I'm such a noob! :( Maybe someone else should have made this_

Okay, thanks for you input! :D I'll try getting a TS channel up even though I don't know how to! :lol:

#4 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted September 30 2014 - 07:50 PM

I can teach basic/intermediate/semi-advanced Predator combat.

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#5 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted September 30 2014 - 07:50 PM

I meant like appropriate training courses, as in people with a great density of knowledge to spread to others. A group of people sharing tips and tricks can be an invaluable community builder, but having a noteworthy player who's taken time to really understand some of the finer points of gameplay to accurately point out mistakes and make suggestions on mechs that they really know can keep people coming back.

Don't sell yourself short, we need more people across the pond(s) taking some initiative and building a bit more of a community. You'll do fine. I am positive that practically anyone you see around the forums offering assistance or helping organize events would be more than happy to help out at least a little to keep things going, including myself. (Though the most I can offer is advice, I can't reasonably be up at 9 AM on a Saturday.)

Have to finally get to bed now though, but good luck!
Posted Image

#6 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted September 30 2014 - 09:00 PM

Nice, I didn't think I could see the Thursday night ones. I'll check this one out if I can.

#7 Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted September 30 2014 - 09:06 PM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on September 30 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:

Great! :D Would you be alright with teaching for this week_ I for one really want to know more about the Predator and how to use it properly. My use of it is to hunt down stragglers patiently, sometimes making suicidal moves that may kill who I want, but killing me in the process. :lol:

View Postticklemyiguana, on September 30 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:

I meant like appropriate training courses, as in people with a great density of knowledge to spread to others. A group of people sharing tips and tricks can be an invaluable community builder, but having a noteworthy player who's taken time to really understand some of the finer points of gameplay to accurately point out mistakes and make suggestions on mechs that they really know can keep people coming back.

Don't sell yourself short, we need more people across the pond(s) taking some initiative and building a bit more of a community. You'll do fine. I am positive that practically anyone you see around the forums offering assistance or helping organize events would be more than happy to help out at least a little to keep things going, including myself. (Though the most I can offer is advice, I can't reasonably be up at 9 AM on a Saturday.)

Okay thanks a lot for the advice! :D

I'll be sure to ask one of the more experienced veterens for more advice!

Would 10 am EST be a better time_ Keep in mind, the later this is held, the less time some people would have. An example is that people might be partying in the evening so I don't want this to go into anyone's plans or anything - plus it'd be 9pm my time when this event starts, which is not the best time because this time is normally when my internet dies from three people using it all day - that, and I'm an early sleeper. :lol:

Edited by Dawn_of_Ash, September 30 2014 - 11:45 PM.

#8 Zycon

Zycon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted October 01 2014 - 01:46 AM

I teach lessons in mine dancing.

Spoiler

#9 Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted October 01 2014 - 01:47 AM

View PostZycon, on October 01 2014 - 01:46 AM, said:

Spoiler

Please continue to elaborate. I am keen to learn this "mine dying". Actually, I think I'm pretty good at it. Step up your game! :P

Spoiler

Edited by Dawn_of_Ash, October 01 2014 - 01:48 AM.

#10 Zycon

Zycon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted October 01 2014 - 02:06 AM

View PostDawn_of_Ash, on October 01 2014 - 01:47 AM, said:

Spoiler

Please continue to elaborate. I am keen to learn this "mine dying". Actually, I think I'm pretty good at it. Step up your game! :P

Spoiler

It's all about the way you step on them. There's an art to it, which I have unlocked the power of. :P

#11 Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted October 01 2014 - 02:43 AM

View PostZycon, on October 01 2014 - 02:06 AM, said:

View PostDawn_of_Ash, on October 01 2014 - 01:47 AM, said:

Spoiler

Spoiler

It's all about the way you step on them. There's an art to it, which I have unlocked the power of. :P

Ah, you'd have to show me in-game next time when I choose Predator, :lol: If it doesn't bother you, I think I'd like to see it for the entire match.

#12 Zycon

Zycon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted October 01 2014 - 02:46 AM

View PostDawn_of_Ash, on October 01 2014 - 02:43 AM, said:

Ah, you'd have to show me in-game next time when I choose Predator, :lol: If it doesn't bother you, I think I'd like to see it for the entire match.

No worries, when I see a mine, I'm overwhelmed with attraction and I instantly breakout in Mine Dancing.

#13 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted October 09 2014 - 07:49 AM

View PostDawn_of_Ash, on September 30 2014 - 09:06 PM, said:

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on September 30 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:

Great! :D Would you be alright with teaching for this week_ I for one really want to know more about the Predator and how to use it properly. My use of it is to hunt down stragglers patiently, sometimes making suicidal moves that may kill who I want, but killing me in the process. :lol:

View Postticklemyiguana, on September 30 2014 - 07:50 PM, said:

Okay thanks a lot for the advice! :D

I'll be sure to ask one of the more experienced veterens for more advice!

Would 10 am EST be a better time_ Keep in mind, the later this is held, the less time some people would have. An example is that people might be partying in the evening so I don't want this to go into anyone's plans or anything - plus it'd be 9pm my time when this event starts, which is not the best time because this time is normally when my internet dies from three people using it all day - that, and I'm an early sleeper. :lol:

This week. Heh. Oh, forums!

Add me on Steam, we can work out times there.

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

#14 Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted October 10 2014 - 02:33 PM

The event would be on at 9 am EST on the vR Teamspeak and we'd be training in the US-Central Fightclub servers. Currently, we do not have a teacher so I would feel most and utterly greatful to anyone who is willing to teach. If not, we'd have to face Rocketeer Lessons with Dawn. :lol:

#15 Cloudstorm

Cloudstorm

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationAlfheim

Posted October 10 2014 - 02:56 PM

Hi DA
Do you need a password and how do you I'd the teamspeak channel

#16 Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted October 10 2014 - 04:09 PM

View PostCloudstorm, on October 10 2014 - 02:56 PM, said:

Hi DA
Do you need a password and how do you I'd the teamspeak channel

I'd send you the details through a message. :)

#17 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted October 10 2014 - 04:12 PM

You need a teacher_ I can ad lib my way through a Predator lesson.

I'll be tired, and I may not make a lot of sense, but I can be there in my cloaker at 9 AM EST.

#18 Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted October 10 2014 - 04:16 PM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on October 10 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:

I'll be tired, and I may not make a lot of sense, but I can be there in my cloaker at 9 AM EST.

Awesome! :D Again, sorry about the time, I was trying to find a good time to benefit both EU and US, and I guess that I decided on this time. If it makes you feel any better, it'd be late night for me. :lol:

#19 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted October 10 2014 - 04:48 PM

View PostDawn_of_Ash, on October 10 2014 - 04:16 PM, said:

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on October 10 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:

Awesome! :D Again, sorry about the time, I was trying to find a good time to benefit both EU and US, and I guess that I decided on this time. If it makes you feel any better, it'd be late night for me. :lol:

Don't worry about it, I'l only be waking up some fifteen minutes earlier than I usually do.

#20 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted October 11 2014 - 05:31 AM

So I've been on for half an hour, but nobody else has shown up..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users