HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Horrible negative mouse acceleration

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Fulano2

Fulano2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted October 12 2014 - 07:37 PM

As peopel told you here. In this game you are not walking as a normal person. You are piloting a mech that for sure weight more than 3 tons (as heavy as a pickup truck), so there is a maximum speed at which they can turn the torso, it does not matter how hard you move your mouse.
About getting stuck, there may be some bugs here and there, but I think it is part of the realism too, as you are piloting a big machine, mainly in case of C mechs, as I do. I walk in front line, breaking poles and stomping over trucks, gas tanks and everything else is in my way.
I don't know if you have ever player MechWarrior, but there, the turning cap is also very very slower than here, and the mechs are very bigger and slower too.

#22 Fulano2

Fulano2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted October 12 2014 - 07:43 PM

Someone said here about changing stuff in the .ini file from the game. I think it is not cheating depending on what you are doing.
For example, I did some changes to the file, to take out unuseful graphic effects, such as fog, bloom, lightmaps, anti aliasing and so on... I did this to speed up my FPS rate here, because it was at 8 FPS (what means, impossible to play, given the pace of the game). By doing this, I got my FPS from 8 to almost 20 most of the time. Game became a little ugly :D , but at least I can see where the guys ARE, instead of where the guys WERE.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users