HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Chat Macros

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jappards

Jappards

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted October 12 2014 - 01:04 PM

Communication is very important inside a team, but it can be a hassle to type when you are fighting or you need to move on to the frontline, but communication has only been expanded to the help request button and the chat, there should be more. Here is my proposal: Chat Macros.

Chat Macros are a quick way to tell your teammates that an area is clear or an infiltraitor is nearby, simply a menu accesable by pressing the V key, it shows some things you can quickly say with a key before it(The Chat macros will work exactly like the voice macros in the game Smite(multiplayer online battle arena) pressing that key will say that in the chat, but these macros would be grouped, things you would be able to say:

Clear;
Thank you;
Wait!(for those who control slow mechs);
Let`s go;

The player who said used this will be represented by a "!" for a few seconds on the radar.

Edited by Jappards, October 13 2014 - 09:17 AM.

#2 DiesInMud

DiesInMud

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Locationat the cookie jar

Posted October 12 2014 - 05:01 PM

Nah.

View PostDr_Freeze001 said:

[...] the best way to survive is not get shot, and you make them not shoot you by shooting them first.

#3 DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationCanada, Eh_

Posted October 12 2014 - 05:31 PM

A more flexible system for communicating without becoming a statue while typing a chat message would definitely be useful, especially with in-game VOIP still not working correctly (afaik). Only nit-pick from your suggestions that I have is that the "Infiltrator nearby" one is unnecessary in my opinion, because 1) why place such importance on infiltrators_ Any enemy mech is potentially dangerous, and 2) The "Enemy sighted" function already in game works very well for this already.

Otherwise, I could get behind something like this.

#4 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted October 13 2014 - 03:31 AM

View PostDiesInMud, on October 12 2014 - 05:01 PM, said:

Nah.

Why_

Posted Image

#5 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted October 13 2014 - 05:17 AM

Even better idea: ingame VOIP!
oh....wait....umm....

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#6 Jappards

Jappards

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted October 13 2014 - 09:16 AM

View PostDM30, on October 12 2014 - 05:31 PM, said:

A more flexible system for communicating without becoming a statue while typing a chat message would definitely be useful, especially with in-game VOIP still not working correctly (afaik). Only nit-pick from your suggestions that I have is that the "Infiltrator nearby" one is unnecessary in my opinion, because 1) why place such importance on infiltrators_ Any enemy mech is potentially dangerous, and 2) The "Enemy sighted" function already in game works very well for this already.

Otherwise, I could get behind something like this.
I didn't know about VOIP, even thought it doesn't work correctly yet, do you know which key(s) VOIP uses_

Oh, I forgot that infiltrators are just normal mechs coming out of nowhere and that I could just enemy sight them, I will remove X Enemies nearby and infiltrator nearby from the list as they are actually pointless.

#7 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted October 13 2014 - 10:00 AM

see Settings, Audio, in your garage for VOIP hands-free, or keyed press-to-talk. Defaults to the LCtrl key for PTT.
My VOIP is working about 3/4 of the time. still iffy, tho.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users