HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

mech vs mech , point vs counterpoint

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted October 13 2014 - 01:41 PM

I have been trying to figure out some topices that have not been done that would help the game and the commuinity. This current thread is  what mechs counter each other best. 1 vs 1. This game is ballenced  pretty nicly and I Would like a direct point vs counter point mech guide. I think this would improve the game because somtimes it really is just a matter of changing mechs mid game to better adapt to a situation.

PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD ON POINT .

If you think your faverate mech works in all situations ,   Please do not post here. Just start your own ..... universal love for ( insert yor faverite mech here ) thread. This thread is strictly what mech counters another in  1  on 1  combat.  So let the games begain.

Edited by Source_Mystic, October 13 2014 - 02:32 PM.

#2 Chocksa

Chocksa

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationDongen, The Netherlands

Posted October 13 2014 - 02:01 PM

It is mostly down to the skill of the pilot imo. A seeker rocketeer for instance is almost certainly dead if you manage to get in close with a CQC mech but a good rocketeer pilot won't allow you to get close. In other words each mech has 1 or more mechs that counter that mech best but in the end it always comes down to the skill of the pilot. Usually it is the best pilot that walks away, not the best mech.

#3 Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationBelgium, GMT+1

Posted October 13 2014 - 02:02 PM

Alright, I main a Tech, and in my opinion there is one particular Axe that comes to mind: the Grenadeer.

Just the sheer damage it can do, the c-class armor that takes ages to nibble down and the projectile weapons make keeping an eye on your surroundings so very important are a lot to deal with. Of course, like you said, this game is well balanced, and seeing as tech has the highest walking speed and the Grenadeer's projectiles have a very low velocity there will always be some balancing out. The tech has got speed, the gren has the damage.

IMO: Tech vs Grenadeer, when the opponents are equal in skill and are capable of playing their Axe in a 1v1 situation, it is quite likely that the Grenadeer will win.

#4 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted October 13 2014 - 02:12 PM

View PostSource_Mystic, on October 13 2014 - 01:41 PM, said:

I have been trying to figure out some topices that have not been done that would help the game and the commuinity. This current thread is  what mechs counter each other best. 1 vs 1. This game is ballenced  pretty nicly and I Would like a direct point vs counter point mech guide. I think this would improve the game because somtimes it really is just a matter fo changing mechs mid game to better adapt to a situation.

If a mech directly counters another mech then I wouldn't call that balanced. It's also not a game that is balanced around 1v1 situations.

Edited by Sylhiri, October 13 2014 - 02:13 PM.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#5 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted October 13 2014 - 02:31 PM

This isn't 'Rock, Paper, Scissors'.

I'm sorry, it just isn't

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#6 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted October 13 2014 - 04:46 PM

So Basically you disagree with my premise that is your right . I still stand by it. If skill of the piolts is equal each meck has a weakness an a strenth ..... When in battel choosing your targets is a inportant skill and is what makes a good team. It is easer to take out a incinerater with a sharpshooter than a scout.  So that is what we are discussing.  Mech vs mech which mechs counter what in general.  If you disagree with this than that opinion has already been stated. So those in the commuinty that understand and agree that certen mechs counter others. please post  these ... thank you . This in not a disussion about skill , but general tatics concerning mechs strenths and weekneses.mise

Edited by Source_Mystic, October 13 2014 - 04:56 PM.

#7 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted October 13 2014 - 05:08 PM

The Hawken Mech Mechanics video tutorials are probably what you're looking for, here:

http://www.playhawken.com/media/videos

various YouTube offerings are available from forum members that have broader, in-game, evaluation of play and practical examples, as well as text "stuff".
enjoy!

Edited by EM1O, October 13 2014 - 05:10 PM.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#8 Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationDoing wizard stuff...

Posted October 15 2014 - 08:29 PM

View PostDr_Freeze001, on October 13 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

Alright, I main a Tech, and in my opinion there is one particular Axe that comes to mind: the Grenadeer.

Just the sheer damage it can do, the c-class armor that takes ages to nibble down and the projectile weapons make keeping an eye on your surroundings so very important are a lot to deal with. Of course, like you said, this game is well balanced, and seeing as tech has the highest walking speed and the Grenadeer's projectiles have a very low velocity there will always be some balancing out. The tech has got speed, the gren has the damage.

IMO: Tech vs Grenadeer, when the opponents are equal in skill and are capable of playing their Axe in a 1v1 situation, it is quite likely that the Grenadeer will win.
Tech vs ANYTHING assuming equal skill the tech will lose. Your argument is invalid
Posted Image

#9 Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationBelgium, GMT+1

Posted October 16 2014 - 12:42 AM

View PostMerl61, on October 15 2014 - 08:29 PM, said:

Tech vs ANYTHING assuming equal skill the tech will lose. Your argument is invalid

Assuming skill and playstyle is equal, yes. But it isn't. You don't play Tech like any other mech.

Spoiler

That's where I'm going to leave it for now, I did have something written about different mechs have different roles and as such react differently, but i'd like your input on the above first.

#10 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted October 16 2014 - 07:22 AM

This game is about team work and in alot of situations . I have seen some amazing Shadow techs that blur the line of what alot of people think a teck should be.  The best tecks know and transition between healing and offencive support. They are not front line mechs that being said the best tech piolts essention skills are remaining under cover , weather that is a wall or useing a heavy as a sheild and dodging. Healers are weak untill you synergise them with at least one heavy.  Then they shine. One on one a teck will lose. Part of being a efficiant tech unfourtunally is having a team  that helps you help them. Tech against anny other mech in the game 1vs 1 will alwas loose unless the mech is low on health the he has a chance.

Rules of a tech

1 stay by your team and heal like 90% of the time.

2 Aways be under cover ( a hidden tech in a live one )

3 If alone and a mech engages  use emp run and doge. Unless the mech is low on health.

4 If everyone is topped off and you are in range use deconstructer and weapon to support your team. Be part of the swarm.

Things not to do as a tech

1 Attack any meck by yourself  you will loose.

2  Do not try to flank  and use deconstruct you are not a pred or a infiltrator. ( not to mention when you do this you are not healing so you are feeding a death ball by dieing and not doing your job.)

3 If your team needs healing ... never choose to atack you are more of a asset when you heal.

This being said tech is the only meck in this game that can not win 1 vs 1.

Edited by Source_Mystic, October 16 2014 - 07:49 AM.

#11 Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationBelgium, GMT+1

Posted October 16 2014 - 07:45 AM

Well, guess you guys know better than me. Can't argue with the flawless and perfect 'Tech will lose' argument. I'll just go back to being a pretty techy princess is distress and wait for a big, strong, handsome C-class to come save me from the evil predobears.

How about we discuss how a tech might... not lose_ You know, have a discussion, get some arguments and counterarguments up in here.

For example, explain a bit more about how to synergise with heavies, and why you say heavies specifically and not A or B -classes, or how this might also apply to different items.

Edited by Dr_Freeze001, October 16 2014 - 07:48 AM.

#12 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted October 16 2014 - 07:55 AM

I think I did that Tech is not a bad mech just has to be played differently. Look at my last post.
Best synergy right now is tech + incinerater  or vanguard in my oppinion.  emp and sheild  are good for a defencive tech as well as barrier because it can be droped for cover pop ability aim it at barrier an you are now full.  For more of a offencive one detenater is a good choice. Most people do not expect the extra dammage. Both options can keep you alive a bit longer personaly I go more defence.

Edited by Source_Mystic, October 16 2014 - 08:07 AM.

#13 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted October 16 2014 - 03:36 PM

Um.... This is now a tech thread_

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#14 Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted October 16 2014 - 03:50 PM

On to the next mech ....

#15 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted October 16 2014 - 07:46 PM

G2 Raider.
Face hug one today.

:D

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users